Legendary weapons, sigils and infusions.

Hitman.5829

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> I don't want sigil swapping. I don't even like runeswapping now that I have it. I was hugely disappointed in legendary armor. The whole POINT for me was to reduce my inventory space so I could swap between heal druid, Condi soul beast and power soul beast without lugging around two full sets in my inventory...except with rune swapping I still do.

>

> What it SHOULD do is STORE a rune or sigil once acquired. Then you can just select. Want a new one? Get it, add it.

>

> And if I'm doing the armor wrong please tell me. But I can't figure how it is any better than sets of ascended.

Legendary items are not supposed to be better stat wise then ascended. It is simply a convenience item.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not want statistically better. I wanted to have ONE piece of worn armor and nothing in my inventory; not a rune instead of a whole piece of armor.

Example: ascended viper's chestpiece-nightmare rune worn with ascended harrier's chestpiece-monk rune in inventory and ascended berserker's chestpiece with scholar rune in inventory.

Replace with legendary chestpiece worn. CURRENT means I keep a scholar rune and monk rune in inventory. Total inventory saved none.

Ideal would be all three runes stored in the chestpiece and I can just pick between them.

> @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > So it's OK to ruin the rune economy and not the sigil. Potato, potāto that's a lame excuse. Then again they need a way to sell the uprade extractor and blacklion keys for that juicy perm extractor.

>

> the difference between those two is that there are about six times more accounts which have at least 1 legendary weapon compared to accounts that have 1 piece of leggie armor

That is true, but you will equip your legendary armor with every build you make. When it comes to legendary weapons, different builds need different weapons, which means that you will still need to buy new sigils unless you get many legendary weapons.

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > > So it's OK to ruin the rune economy and not the sigil. Potato, potāto that's a lame excuse. Then again they need a way to sell the uprade extractor and blacklion keys for that juicy perm extractor.

> >

> > the difference between those two is that there are about six times more accounts which have at least 1 legendary weapon compared to accounts that have 1 piece of leggie armor

>

> That is true, but you will equip your legendary armor with every build you make. When it comes to legendary weapons, different builds need different weapons, which means that you will still need to buy new sigils unless you get many legendary weapons.

maybe the economic fallout from free rune swaps was already to much for Anet and they wouldnt have done it, if they knew it beforehand. But reversing the rune swap QoL would also spark a major uproar in the community so they dont do it.

> @"WolfSparkSmack.2649" said:

> > @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> > still there is no excuse for said system to be implemented

> >

> > its as simple as a copy paste of the armor script code and replace the Rune value with Sigil

> >

> > in no way such a simple change should harm the economy on a grand scale

>

> well if you can have all runes/sigils for your builds and swap freely in between then who is ever gonna buy them again after acquired once?

Same people who buy runes despite having legendary armor. The cost of the legendary gear is so absurdly high that it makes no sense to craft if (or buy it) to cut your running costs. I should know that, I've crafted lots of them - armors, trinkets, weapons. It will always be cheaper to have multiple ascended weapons with different sigils slotted, even counting the cost of the extra inventory space taken. Economic arguments are bullshit.