Mistward Armor Collection

Deirogos.3745

So, I got PoF from my mother, fresh new account, decided to boost a Revnant; I wanted to go around doing the Mistward collection to get the free exotic armor pieces but it says I have not unlocked all the Specializations. Is this a bug or intended? Do I have to level a Rev from 1 to 80 the legit way?

> @"starhunter.6015" said:

> The collection is Tied to HoT, some of the Meta Events. Though not sure if you can even get any of the drops with out HoT.

>

A lot of the drops are from HoT so even if the collection opened, the OP would not be able to complete all of them with only the PoF expansion.

IMO these collections which require HoT should remain Locked for people who only have PoF, with a tag line of “requires Heart of Thorns” it’ll save a lot of tickets/forum posts on the matters.

Mistward Pauldron Insignia = Purchased for airship parts from Itzel vendors in the Heart of Maguuma (Verdant Brink = HoT)

 Mistward Coat Insignia = Purchase for ley-line crystals from Nuhoch vendors in the Heart of Maguuma. (Tangled Depths = HoT)

Mistward Legging Insignia = Purchased for aurillium from Exalted vendors in the Heart of Maguuma. (Auric Basin = HoT)

So even if the collections did open, only the gloves and boots would be obtainable without HoT.

> @"Rogue Sol.1457" said:

> Go to a laurel vendor. They sell the recipe track for each achievement that gives you the pieces. Don't need to do the HoT things for it I believe.

“Additional copies of this item are available for purchase **once the achievement has been completed.**” Probably added for the few accounts in which the achievements didn’t unlock the item reward as intended to remedy a bug.

You don't have level them from 1 to 80 but you do have to fully unlock the trait lines with HP. You should have enough from being level 80 to unlock all the basic ones (the ones you need for mistward) even with no map exploration. You don't need the elites, that gives you access to other collections you can do, though they are worth doing IMO for the ascended weapons (shield for Herald, shortbow for Renegade).

Although it's not a **free** exotic. Doing this will only unlock the collection for each piece. If all you are after is an exotic and not the mistward skin there are easier ways to go about it.