Garden Plot Deeds Disappear? I wanted to Gift, but Can't...

I went in to gift a Garden Plot Deed to a friend today, but since I have bought both the gardens allotted, I no longer have the option to even see it. I was going to spend more money with ya ANET and gift a garden plot to a friend, but you blocked that option by having it not appear as an option for me. Not smart. ;) Give players that option to support you. I've been playing since beta and launch 2012. Gimme some options here. I'm trying, you need to, as well.

Huh. I didn't even think about that. I can appreciate Anet removing items from the trading post if you've already capped out on them -- it would be disastrous to find out after the fact you've bought something you can't use -- but a "gift only" option would be a decent idea.

~ Kovu

I don't believe account upgrades can be gifted. I know you can't gift bank tabs, for example. All Home Instance nodes would count as "account upgrades."

While irritating, I can understand the reasoning behind them: preventing people from spending gems on gifts that cannot be used on account of the receiver already having the maximum number of that upgrade.

I'm in the Account Upgrades tab right now in-game as I post this. I can gift harvesting tools, name change contracts, self style kits, waypoint unlocks, color swatch dyes, etc, etc, but some things I cannot. I'm just not understanding why I can't give the devs money to support the game. Gifting a garden plot could not be used in a way to be detrimental to the game, as far as I know.

From posts in the Account Support sub-forum in the past, the CS Team does not have the tools to remove (some? most?) Account Upgrades from accounts. Thus, it is not possible to gift (said) Account Upgrades, as once sent they are attached to the receiver's account. Nor do they refund those Gem purchases.

Perhaps, some day in the future, they will acquire different tools or policies.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> From posts in the Account Support sub-forum in the past, the CS Team does not have the tools to remove (some? most?) Account Upgrades from accounts. Thus, it is not possible to gift (said) Account Upgrades, as once sent they are attached to the receiver's account. Nor do they refund those Gem purchases.

>

> Perhaps, some day in the future, they will acquire different tools or policies.

To be clear, I didn't even get the chance to send this gift and am not asking for a refund. I purchased two for myself and now do not even have the option to gift one to a friend. If you mean once I purchase them, they are removed from MY account, then I understand your point. I just don't understand why they would code in such a thing. That said, if they have, then I don't understand or agree with it. It's limiting the money they could receive to support the game.

> @"Oak Grove.5627" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > From posts in the Account Support sub-forum in the past, the CS Team does not have the tools to remove (some? most?) Account Upgrades from accounts. Thus, it is not possible to gift (said) Account Upgrades, as once sent they are attached to the receiver's account. Nor do they refund those Gem purchases.

> >

> > Perhaps, some day in the future, they will acquire different tools or policies.

>

> To be clear, I didn't even get the chance to send this gift and am not asking for a refund. I purchased two for myself and now do not even have the option to gift one to a friend. If you mean once I purchase them, they are removed from MY account, then I understand your point. I just don't understand why they would code in such a thing. That said, if they have, then I don't understand or agree with it. It's limiting the money they could receive to support the game.

The reason why I mentioned above: there's a maximum number of each account upgrade that can be used. You can't gift upgrades (and nodes count!) to prevent people from spending gems on something that the receiver possibly CANNOT use. For example, if you bought someone the Black Lion Garden who already had two, they can't use the gift (they're already at maximum) and you would be out the gems for absolutely no purpose.

"harvesting tools, name change contracts, self style kits, waypoint unlocks, color swatch dyes, etc, etc," are items, not account upgrades. They do not have a limit on the number of times they can be used. The closest is Waypoint unlocks, but a player can always create a new character and use them there. Color swatch dyes always result in an item that can be salvaged for pigment or sold on the trading post if all applicable dyes are already unlocked.

Nope, that's not what I meant. Let's say you purchased an item as a gift, and when sent, found out the player could not use it, as their account had already met the maximum allowed. They would have an item they could not use, nor return, and you would be out the Gems. Same scenario, even if the other player just did not want the item.

Of course, you can suggest that ArenaNet change this policy, or create tools to manage any untoward circumstances.

Good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Nope, that's not what I meant. Let's say you purchased an item as a gift, and when sent, found out the player could not use it, as their account had already met the maximum allowed. They would have an item they could not use, nor return, and you would be out the Gems. Same scenario, even if the other player just did not want the item.

>

> Of course, you can suggest that ArenaNet change this policy, or create tools to manage any untoward circumstances.

>

> Good luck.

Ah! I see your point, now. Someone might purchase something someone was already maxed out on (on their end) and then ANET could not refund the gifter as per their policy. Gotcha. They need to implement that knowledge in a database at the end of the transaction as per whether or not the person you are gifting already has said item, then. Yep, that would be nice. Thanks for the reply and clarification. I understand your post perfectly, now.