[To ANET Devs Past and Present] Thanks Much. An Appreciation.

Way back in that year of 2012, I took a chance on a game I'd been watching for a couple of years in development. That game was Guild Wars 2. To be clear here, I do have a Guild Wars 1 account, but just could not get into it. Sincerest apologies to fans and players of that game, but different strokes. It makes the world go 'round. Perspective: I've been playing games since the original Pong box with 2 knobs in the 1970's. Fantasy RPG, Survival, and general Adventure games have been my mainstays. I played WoW for about a week. Couldn't stomach the community. I was a guild leader for about 4 years in Everquest 2. I've played just about every game in between and have over 3k games on my Steam account. Bragging? Not by a long shot. I've been blessed to be gifted with many, many games from devs in exchange for reviews on YouTube. I just want to state that for perspective and range. I've played a lot of games.

During that time, I've seen games come and go. Most fail and fade, as is expected. A handful rise above. Guild wars 2 was presented with a business model of you buy it, you play it for free online... Forever. What did this do? This gave me the ability to buy a game, like I would buy a single-player game, and only come back to it if it held my interest with updates, new content, and a great base game to begin with. You have succeeded on all levels (IMO). In other words, the company put it's replayablity on it's own merits. If it failed to deliver, it was easy to leave.

So, without going into lengthy detail that can be easily gleaned from this post, I will simply say, "Thank you", for a game that I have returned to and supported with cash shop purchases (sometimes something I really wanted, sometimes I just found something to spend money on that month to help keep the game going).

Thanks ladies and gentlemen for a game that is always there to pop back to, explore, experience new things and reminisce while traversing maps I remember as so daunting on the first play through. All the while enjoying the scenery, NPCs, story, banter, beautiful art with symmetry of cities unrivaled in any game and of course, good times with friends in the cybersphere.

Keep up the wonderful work and I truly look forward to each new story episode for the story, voice acting, beautiful art and solid game play.

Kick back with a cup of your favorite beverage and snack and take in a moment of praise. You deserve it.

-Oak

OaksGameRoom dot com

If you are enjoying the game, I encourage you to reply, even with a one-liner, and give the devs a show of support. Many posts, of which I am certainly guilty, are of why can't we do this or why don't you change this or that, simply because we are so passionate about the game. And, sometimes, it's the only time someone feels compelled to post, at all. It's nice to see the good things/thoughts, sometimes. Take a minute to show some love.

Thanks for an awesome, truly awesome game. I've said more than once this, but IMO, GW2 is the best MMORPG there is today. Your work as artists, programmers, writers, etc, is extremely appreciated.

All my critics and harsh comments only exist because you have made me love the game. Thanks.