Screen Flickering

pema.7834

Hi everyone!

Ever since the most recent Windows 10 update, I'm having this weird issue with the game where I get a weird black screen flickering during map loading and in-game it has a weird stutter. What's weird is that when I check my FPS through the options menu it says that I'm getting 30-40 which is what I normally got without this flicker meaning that the game does not indicate this flickering, at least in their options.

I've already reached out to the support team and have an active ticket trying to resolve my issue, however with their large volume of tickets its taking a bit longer and I'm hoping someone here has had a similar issue or can recommend a fix.

Here's what I've tried:

- Running the program as administrator

- Disabling full-screen optimization

- Running it under compatibility mode (Vista SP1, SP2, and Windows 8)

- Repairing the game, re-installing the game

- Reinstalling the OS (It works temporarily, however I am eventually forced to update the Win10 update that causes this flicker)

- Deleting and reinstalling all of the drivers

The only possible solution currently is that I run the game either in window mode or windowed-fullscreen but I get horrible fps in these two modes and can barely do any meta events or fractals where it is affected severely.

If I had to guess, this is that alt-tabbing out bug again. But in your case? You don't have something running your background, so the game flickers back and forth from the game . . . if I had to guess. Unfortunately, this is a Windows issue that requires updates.

That said, I believe your problem could have an easy fix: There's a possibility that you simply need to update your graphic cards or driver. This can happen when the card is trying to keep up with game and is also a known issue. This is especially true if you haven't updated your card and drivers for some time. This can be fixed with a simple download. Just be sure to find the correct driver and card update.

Here is an example from Geforce: https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Let us know if that helps or if you have any other questions.