Noticed a Severe Drop in Player Ability at T4 Lately...

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> A lot of veterans are bored of fractals.

> I also have not touched them in weeks. Difficulty level is mostly boring, rewards are boring (you get all the unique stuff pretty fast) and generic stuff that bores me to death just looking at it. Pugs are also wasting too much time if you dont play at daily reset.

Ikr ... Totally on the same boat lol... Sigh I'd like new dungeon .. bored with fractal now.. but Ben still awesome tho ..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> Whether or not I'm interested is irrelevant. Necromancers in particular and condi builds in general are simply too slow for fractals. Their ramp up time is comparable to the time it takes to kill the mobs or the boss. In raids it is different, as the bosses there have hit points in the tens of millions. So in raids - yeah, necro can be a valid dps. Even pretty useful in certain encounters, albeit probably not really optimal anywhere. But in fractals, no. I mean, sure. you can do t4 with anything. But that's the thing - it would be "anything", not "dps".

I dunno what you are talking about, I kill trash mobs in only a couple seconds on a condi build. GS 5, shroud, shroud 5, shroud 4. If they survive that then it's shroud 2. Usually anything beyond that is overkill. That's dps, again, it's not the dps you are interested in, but it IS STILL dps. You can argue that it's SLOW dps for metas, but I'm literally dealing damage, it is STILL DPS. Unless I'm running a super tanky no damage build or healing gear (on a necro I'm not sure why) I am STILL considered a dps as a necro. I'm just not META DPS.

> @"Adenin.5973" said:

> Yeah, I love my necro but I won't join any meta grp with it. Meta grps need burst dmg. They pull trash mobs on top of each other and quickly finish them.

> ...

> Necro condi scourge is absolutely more than fine to run t4 fratals. But is has really not much use in a meta grp composition.

Should be fine if players read the LFG for any specifics mentioned before joining. Condi dps is fine for fractals, just the dmg gets surpressed in a heavy burst composition group. Been in groups with Scourge where Mesmer+Fb pulls the mobs and clears them out in seconds. In such group, you can forget about rotation & epi, barely have enough time to drop 3 sand shades immediately to pulse.

As for the OP, imo it's experience. There are times despite having a "meta" or not, the group falls behind compared to previous/certain groups, even if it's the same composition.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> A lot of veterans are bored of fractals.

> I also have not touched them in weeks. Difficulty level is mostly boring, rewards are boring (you get all the unique stuff pretty fast) and generic stuff that bores me to death just looking at it. Pugs are also wasting too much time if you dont play at daily reset.

Everything is boring if done repeatitively. Just like how Twilight Oasis quickly became my fav because it's new. Used to main mesmer for fractals. Still like and leaning in my mindset "it's more important to have a mesmer over druid", just not using it anymore for fracs (can't stand it anymore, doing the same thing on mesmer everytime). Playing other profession classes & groupings by not being meta static. Group can be very random, but that's what making it fun for me. Don't particular mind when there are mistakes made. However, still get this unsettling feeling whenever I see a temporal curtain placed on not optimal spot (Trying my best not to be a micromanaging boss! :persevere: )

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > >

> > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > >

> > > That's what the adjective "good" is for in my posts.

> > >

> > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nah, a decent meta group is still better than a decent necro group. You have to compare things in an appropriate way.

> > > > > The problem is most of the necro groups claiming to be "quick", "fast" etc. etc. have never been into a reasonable meta group. I myself played necro for many months on a high level and experienced the differences.

> > > > > Another thing is, you really have to put up "viper scourge" in your lfg otherwise some funny staff necros and other shenanigans are joining your group and you can definitely forget the "smooth necro run".

> > > > > Even Subli knows that and is running with more meta similar comps and not in full viper groups!

> > > >

> > > > As long as they clear content and are happy with it there is nothing to lecture these players about.

> > >

> > > Why not? Some of them might end up enjoying being efficient.

> >

> > Only if they ask for it in the first place.

>

> Why so? I'm always happy when somebody tells me some new tactic and I obviously don't want to ask every time.

Except you shouldn't expect people to share your happiness about being lectured :)

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> I'm giving up t4 too lol

> Not worth the time doing :p

> Found myself raging at myself constantly.. better take a break from it than to get few more grey hair lol

> Yesterday we had a chrono who can't chrono (in cm).. why on earth do you join a party that asked for "experienced chrono only" group .. there are other group you can join to train your chronomancing skill but don't join my group that ask for "experienced chrono" pls

I decided yesterday to only do T4s with my guild mates from now on. I used to do them daily with two accounts, but I too found myself more and more unhappy when pugging. Yesterday I joined a 99cm + dailies group and they were about to finish the knights before MAMA spawns. When you enter the fractal at that point, you spawn dead. When the knights were dead the other players /gged, so we were all dead and cool downs reset. I respawned (you can only respawn when everybody is out of combat, so clearly we were all dead at that point) and was writing a message in guild chat, waiting for the others, but they didn't respawn. Then I saw messages in chat like "GG" and "GG!!!" in a rapid pace. I was wondering why we need another /gg but wanted to finish writing my sentence anyway. After 5 seconds or so I was kicked. This was not announced as speed run btw. And yet another toxic player made it on my block list.

Apparently, I stole 5 or maybe 7 seconds of their free time. Not really, because they had to get another player, which certainly took longer than waiting a few seconds for me to /gg (which wasn't necessary in the first place). I then joined another group and we had a smooth full run.

I could tell a lot of stories like this, about insta-kicks, people who stress you out, or when you have to convince people that even though your account has low APs and masteries, you know what you are doing. And stories of kicks or kick attempts towards other members, or players leaving after soeone made one mistake in an otherwise smooth run. Of course not all fractal players are toxic, but when you pug, you will stumble over them regularly. And just filling up my block list is not a viable solution in the long run. I don't want to play in a community where I have to block players regularly. And no, creating your own LFG doesn't change that. This only works if you have 2 friends and start an LFG that looks for 2 more players.

Also, pugging is a silent and quite an awkward business. It feels like being forced to do a team project in school with people you don't know or like. Everybody hated it, but you needed your marks. Why should I expose myself to that kind of stuff now? I love fractal content, it's very well made and fun. But the participation design sucks. Sometimes, when we are only 4 guild mates, we don't even invite a pug but do the fractals with 4 players. Sometimes we had to kick the pug and succeeded in the next attempt without 5th member, especially in Shattered Observatory. I have no good solution for this, but I would like to see difficulty and mechanics scaling with the number of party members. If you do Nightmare with 3 players, there should be only 3 altars to capture at Ensolyss for example.

I'm not alone with this, pugging is only the last ressort for my guild mates too. It's so bad that some of us started doing dailies twice just so a guild member who logged in late doesn't have to pug. We have about a dozen T4 guild members, but we don't always have 5 of them on at the same time for fractals.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > >

> > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > >

> > > > That's what the adjective "good" is for in my posts.

> > > >

> > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nah, a decent meta group is still better than a decent necro group. You have to compare things in an appropriate way.

> > > > > > The problem is most of the necro groups claiming to be "quick", "fast" etc. etc. have never been into a reasonable meta group. I myself played necro for many months on a high level and experienced the differences.

> > > > > > Another thing is, you really have to put up "viper scourge" in your lfg otherwise some funny staff necros and other shenanigans are joining your group and you can definitely forget the "smooth necro run".

> > > > > > Even Subli knows that and is running with more meta similar comps and not in full viper groups!

> > > > >

> > > > > As long as they clear content and are happy with it there is nothing to lecture these players about.

> > > >

> > > > Why not? Some of them might end up enjoying being efficient.

> > >

> > > Only if they ask for it in the first place.

> >

> > Why so? I'm always happy when somebody tells me some new tactic and I obviously don't want to ask every time.

>

> Except you shouldn't expect people to share your happiness about being lectured :)

So what should I expect from them - to be grouchy whiners? :)

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's what the adjective "good" is for in my posts.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nah, a decent meta group is still better than a decent necro group. You have to compare things in an appropriate way.

> > > > > > > The problem is most of the necro groups claiming to be "quick", "fast" etc. etc. have never been into a reasonable meta group. I myself played necro for many months on a high level and experienced the differences.

> > > > > > > Another thing is, you really have to put up "viper scourge" in your lfg otherwise some funny staff necros and other shenanigans are joining your group and you can definitely forget the "smooth necro run".

> > > > > > > Even Subli knows that and is running with more meta similar comps and not in full viper groups!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As long as they clear content and are happy with it there is nothing to lecture these players about.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why not? Some of them might end up enjoying being efficient.

> > > >

> > > > Only if they ask for it in the first place.

> > >

> > > Why so? I'm always happy when somebody tells me some new tactic and I obviously don't want to ask every time.

> >

> > Except you shouldn't expect people to share your happiness about being lectured :)

>

> So what should I expect from them - to be grouchy whiners? :)

Expect nothing unless you put it into your LFG :)

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > I'm giving up t4 too lol

> > Not worth the time doing :p

> > Found myself raging at myself constantly.. better take a break from it than to get few more grey hair lol

> > Yesterday we had a chrono who can't chrono (in cm).. why on earth do you join a party that asked for "experienced chrono only" group .. there are other group you can join to train your chronomancing skill but don't join my group that ask for "experienced chrono" pls

>

> I decided yesterday to only do T4s with my guild mates from now on. I used to do them daily with two accounts, but I too found myself more and more unhappy when pugging. Yesterday I joined a 99cm + dailies group and they were about to finish the knights before MAMA spawns. When you enter the fractal at that point, you spawn dead. When the knights were dead the other players /gged, so we were all dead and cool downs reset. I respawned (you can only respawn when everybody is out of combat, so clearly we were all dead at that point) and was writing a message in guild chat, waiting for the others, but they didn't respawn. Then I saw messages in chat like "GG" and "GG!!!" in a rapid pace. I was wondering why we need another /gg but wanted to finish writing my sentence anyway. After 5 seconds or so I was kicked. This was not announced as speed run btw. And yet another toxic player made it on my block list.

>

> Apparently, I stole 5 or maybe 7 seconds of their free time. Not really, because they had to get another player, which certainly took longer than waiting a few seconds for me to /gg (which wasn't necessary in the first place). I then joined another group and we had a smooth full run.

>

> I could tell a lot of stories like this, about insta-kicks, people who stress you out, or when you have to convince people that even though your account has low APs and masteries, you know what you are doing. And stories of kicks or kick attempts towards other members, or players leaving after soeone made one mistake in an otherwise smooth run. Of course not all fractal players are toxic, but when you pug, you will stumble over them regularly. And just filling up my block list is not a viable solution in the long run. I don't want to play in a community where I have to block players regularly. And no, creating your own LFG doesn't change that. This only works if you have 2 friends and start an LFG that looks for 2 more players.

>

> Also, pugging is a silent and quite an awkward business. It feels like being forced to do a team project in school with people you don't know or like. Everybody hated it, but you needed your marks. Why should I expose myself to that kind of stuff now? I love fractal content, it's very well made and fun. But the participation design sucks. Sometimes, when we are only 4 guild mates, we don't even invite a pug but do the fractals with 4 players. Sometimes we had to kick the pug and succeeded in the next attempt without 5th member, especially in Shattered Observatory. I have no good solution for this, but I would like to see difficulty and mechanics scaling with the number of party members. If you do Nightmare with 3 players, there should be only 3 altars to capture at Ensolyss for example.

>

> I'm not alone with this, pugging is only the last ressort for my guild mates too. It's so bad that some of us started doing dailies twice just so a guild member who logged in late doesn't have to pug. We have about a dozen T4 guild members, but we don't always have 5 of them on at the same time for fractals.

I think the core of the problem is trust. All the kicks, impatience and elitism in general stem from the fact you don't know anything about the players who join your group when pugging. You have to trust them to know their shit and they have to trust you for the same. Very often this trust ends up misplaced and this is how hostility starts. Note that this is an inherent issue when pugging, not related to fractals or raids in particular. Every time you gather a group of unknown players to do a piece of multiplayer content, you face the very same problem. And you end up with the very same outcome.

There are two ways around that. First, you can just avoid pugging. And second, you can become elitist yourself. I find people generally have much higher tolerance and patience when they have an actual reason to trust you. That's what the killproof requirements are for. Of course, they aren't a 100% guarantee either, but they are at least something, they mean the player has played the content over and over and perhaps knows the ropes. Actually there's a third way, but this mostly applies to raiding - you can just have a good enough team so you can carry even a not very experienced pug. Then the trust is irrelevant - you can not trust the pug by default, but have confidence you'll make it regardless. However, it's much easier to carry 10% of the team than it is to carry 20% of it.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's what the adjective "good" is for in my posts.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nah, a decent meta group is still better than a decent necro group. You have to compare things in an appropriate way.

> > > > > > > > The problem is most of the necro groups claiming to be "quick", "fast" etc. etc. have never been into a reasonable meta group. I myself played necro for many months on a high level and experienced the differences.

> > > > > > > > Another thing is, you really have to put up "viper scourge" in your lfg otherwise some funny staff necros and other shenanigans are joining your group and you can definitely forget the "smooth necro run".

> > > > > > > > Even Subli knows that and is running with more meta similar comps and not in full viper groups!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As long as they clear content and are happy with it there is nothing to lecture these players about.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why not? Some of them might end up enjoying being efficient.

> > > > >

> > > > > Only if they ask for it in the first place.

> > > >

> > > > Why so? I'm always happy when somebody tells me some new tactic and I obviously don't want to ask every time.

> > >

> > > Except you shouldn't expect people to share your happiness about being lectured :)

> >

> > So what should I expect from them - to be grouchy whiners? :)

>

> Expect nothing unless you put it into your LFG :)

That's not how it works. You **always** expect people to behave in some way. Most often, your expectations are based on how you would act or react in a specific situation. Everyone does it.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's what the adjective "good" is for in my posts.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nah, a decent meta group is still better than a decent necro group. You have to compare things in an appropriate way.

> > > > > > > > > The problem is most of the necro groups claiming to be "quick", "fast" etc. etc. have never been into a reasonable meta group. I myself played necro for many months on a high level and experienced the differences.

> > > > > > > > > Another thing is, you really have to put up "viper scourge" in your lfg otherwise some funny staff necros and other shenanigans are joining your group and you can definitely forget the "smooth necro run".

> > > > > > > > > Even Subli knows that and is running with more meta similar comps and not in full viper groups!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As long as they clear content and are happy with it there is nothing to lecture these players about.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why not? Some of them might end up enjoying being efficient.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Only if they ask for it in the first place.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why so? I'm always happy when somebody tells me some new tactic and I obviously don't want to ask every time.

> > > >

> > > > Except you shouldn't expect people to share your happiness about being lectured :)

> > >

> > > So what should I expect from them - to be grouchy whiners? :)

> >

> > Expect nothing unless you put it into your LFG :)

>

> That's not how it works. You **always** expect people to behave in some way. Most often, your expectations are based on how you would act or react in a specific situation. Everyone does it.

Yet you can't expect people to behave the way you want unless you communicate.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's what the adjective "good" is for in my posts.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Nah, a decent meta group is still better than a decent necro group. You have to compare things in an appropriate way.

> > > > > > > > > > The problem is most of the necro groups claiming to be "quick", "fast" etc. etc. have never been into a reasonable meta group. I myself played necro for many months on a high level and experienced the differences.

> > > > > > > > > > Another thing is, you really have to put up "viper scourge" in your lfg otherwise some funny staff necros and other shenanigans are joining your group and you can definitely forget the "smooth necro run".

> > > > > > > > > > Even Subli knows that and is running with more meta similar comps and not in full viper groups!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As long as they clear content and are happy with it there is nothing to lecture these players about.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Why not? Some of them might end up enjoying being efficient.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Only if they ask for it in the first place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why so? I'm always happy when somebody tells me some new tactic and I obviously don't want to ask every time.

> > > > >

> > > > > Except you shouldn't expect people to share your happiness about being lectured :)

> > > >

> > > > So what should I expect from them - to be grouchy whiners? :)

> > >

> > > Expect nothing unless you put it into your LFG :)

> >

> > That's not how it works. You **always** expect people to behave in some way. Most often, your expectations are based on how you would act or react in a specific situation. Everyone does it.

>

> Yet you can't expect people to behave the way you want unless you communicate.

And yet you do. :)

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That's what the adjective "good" is for in my posts.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Nah, a decent meta group is still better than a decent necro group. You have to compare things in an appropriate way.

> > > > > > > > > > > The problem is most of the necro groups claiming to be "quick", "fast" etc. etc. have never been into a reasonable meta group. I myself played necro for many months on a high level and experienced the differences.

> > > > > > > > > > > Another thing is, you really have to put up "viper scourge" in your lfg otherwise some funny staff necros and other shenanigans are joining your group and you can definitely forget the "smooth necro run".

> > > > > > > > > > > Even Subli knows that and is running with more meta similar comps and not in full viper groups!

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > As long as they clear content and are happy with it there is nothing to lecture these players about.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Why not? Some of them might end up enjoying being efficient.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Only if they ask for it in the first place.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why so? I'm always happy when somebody tells me some new tactic and I obviously don't want to ask every time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except you shouldn't expect people to share your happiness about being lectured :)

> > > > >

> > > > > So what should I expect from them - to be grouchy whiners? :)

> > > >

> > > > Expect nothing unless you put it into your LFG :)

> > >

> > > That's not how it works. You **always** expect people to behave in some way. Most often, your expectations are based on how you would act or react in a specific situation. Everyone does it.

> >

> > Yet you can't expect people to behave the way you want unless you communicate.

>

> And yet you do. :)

There are realistic expectations and dellusions :)

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > That's what the adjective "good" is for in my posts.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Nah, a decent meta group is still better than a decent necro group. You have to compare things in an appropriate way.

> > > > > > > > > > > > The problem is most of the necro groups claiming to be "quick", "fast" etc. etc. have never been into a reasonable meta group. I myself played necro for many months on a high level and experienced the differences.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Another thing is, you really have to put up "viper scourge" in your lfg otherwise some funny staff necros and other shenanigans are joining your group and you can definitely forget the "smooth necro run".

> > > > > > > > > > > > Even Subli knows that and is running with more meta similar comps and not in full viper groups!

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > As long as they clear content and are happy with it there is nothing to lecture these players about.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Why not? Some of them might end up enjoying being efficient.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Only if they ask for it in the first place.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Why so? I'm always happy when somebody tells me some new tactic and I obviously don't want to ask every time.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Except you shouldn't expect people to share your happiness about being lectured :)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So what should I expect from them - to be grouchy whiners? :)

> > > > >

> > > > > Expect nothing unless you put it into your LFG :)

> > > >

> > > > That's not how it works. You **always** expect people to behave in some way. Most often, your expectations are based on how you would act or react in a specific situation. Everyone does it.

> > >

> > > Yet you can't expect people to behave the way you want unless you communicate.

> >

> > And yet you do. :)

>

> There are realistic expectations and dellusions :)

Yeah, "don't expect anything if it's not in the lfg" is the latter honestly. :lol:

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > That's what the adjective "good" is for in my posts.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Nah, a decent meta group is still better than a decent necro group. You have to compare things in an appropriate way.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > The problem is most of the necro groups claiming to be "quick", "fast" etc. etc. have never been into a reasonable meta group. I myself played necro for many months on a high level and experienced the differences.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Another thing is, you really have to put up "viper scourge" in your lfg otherwise some funny staff necros and other shenanigans are joining your group and you can definitely forget the "smooth necro run".

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Even Subli knows that and is running with more meta similar comps and not in full viper groups!

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > As long as they clear content and are happy with it there is nothing to lecture these players about.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Why not? Some of them might end up enjoying being efficient.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Only if they ask for it in the first place.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Why so? I'm always happy when somebody tells me some new tactic and I obviously don't want to ask every time.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Except you shouldn't expect people to share your happiness about being lectured :)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So what should I expect from them - to be grouchy whiners? :)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Expect nothing unless you put it into your LFG :)

> > > > >

> > > > > That's not how it works. You **always** expect people to behave in some way. Most often, your expectations are based on how you would act or react in a specific situation. Everyone does it.

> > > >

> > > > Yet you can't expect people to behave the way you want unless you communicate.

> > >

> > > And yet you do. :)

> >

> > There are realistic expectations and dellusions :)

>

> Yeah, "don't expect anything if it's not in the lfg" is the latter honestly. :lol:

I'm pretty sure we can say the same about people expecting benchmark performance while pugging :)

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > That's what the adjective "good" is for in my posts.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Nah, a decent meta group is still better than a decent necro group. You have to compare things in an appropriate way.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > The problem is most of the necro groups claiming to be "quick", "fast" etc. etc. have never been into a reasonable meta group. I myself played necro for many months on a high level and experienced the differences.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Another thing is, you really have to put up "viper scourge" in your lfg otherwise some funny staff necros and other shenanigans are joining your group and you can definitely forget the "smooth necro run".

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Even Subli knows that and is running with more meta similar comps and not in full viper groups!

> > > > > > > > > > > > > As long as they clear content and are happy with it there is nothing to lecture these players about.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Why not? Some of them might end up enjoying being efficient.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Only if they ask for it in the first place.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Why so? I'm always happy when somebody tells me some new tactic and I obviously don't want to ask every time.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Except you shouldn't expect people to share your happiness about being lectured :)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So what should I expect from them - to be grouchy whiners? :)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Expect nothing unless you put it into your LFG :)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's not how it works. You **always** expect people to behave in some way. Most often, your expectations are based on how you would act or react in a specific situation. Everyone does it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yet you can't expect people to behave the way you want unless you communicate.

> > > >

> > > > And yet you do. :)

> > >

> > > There are realistic expectations and dellusions :)

> >

> > Yeah, "don't expect anything if it's not in the lfg" is the latter honestly. :lol:

>

> I'm pretty sure we can say the same about people expecting benchmark performance while pugging :)

Sure. But those are mostly inexperienced players who don't understand the differences between fighting a golem and fighting a boss.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > That's what the adjective "good" is for in my posts.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > There's nothing wrong, but his performance will still be considered slow in comparison to a good meta group. Which was my original comment.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Only if meta group is skilled enough to execute meta builds properly. I think you are aware there are people who think they are meta speedclearers but in reality they would execute better numbers as necro than they are on weaver? This has been the case since dungeon elitism was blooming.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Nah, a decent meta group is still better than a decent necro group. You have to compare things in an appropriate way.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The problem is most of the necro groups claiming to be "quick", "fast" etc. etc. have never been into a reasonable meta group. I myself played necro for many months on a high level and experienced the differences.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Another thing is, you really have to put up "viper scourge" in your lfg otherwise some funny staff necros and other shenanigans are joining your group and you can definitely forget the "smooth necro run".

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Even Subli knows that and is running with more meta similar comps and not in full viper groups!

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > As long as they clear content and are happy with it there is nothing to lecture these players about.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Why not? Some of them might end up enjoying being efficient.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Only if they ask for it in the first place.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Why so? I'm always happy when somebody tells me some new tactic and I obviously don't want to ask every time.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Except you shouldn't expect people to share your happiness about being lectured :)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So what should I expect from them - to be grouchy whiners? :)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Expect nothing unless you put it into your LFG :)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's not how it works. You **always** expect people to behave in some way. Most often, your expectations are based on how you would act or react in a specific situation. Everyone does it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yet you can't expect people to behave the way you want unless you communicate.

> > > > >

> > > > > And yet you do. :)

> > > >

> > > > There are realistic expectations and dellusions :)

> > >

> > > Yeah, "don't expect anything if it's not in the lfg" is the latter honestly. :lol:

> >

> > I'm pretty sure we can say the same about people expecting benchmark performance while pugging :)

>

> Sure. But those are mostly inexperienced players who don't understand the differences between fighting a golem and fighting a boss.

So what? :)

> @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > My point has always been that they might not be top tier dps anymore (I looked at the raid dps charts recently, though I acknowledge that raids are not fractals and can't be exactly adhered to) you can't say they aren't dps. Even though I can't hit it, 30k is solid dps for the people that can.

> > >

> > > They just aren't dps you are interested in.

> >

> > Whether or not I'm interested is irrelevant. Necromancers in particular and condi builds in general are simply too slow for fractals. Their ramp up time is comparable to the time it takes to kill the mobs or the boss. In raids it is different, as the bosses there have hit points in the tens of millions. So in raids - yeah, necro can be a valid dps. Even pretty useful in certain encounters, albeit probably not really optimal anywhere. But in fractals, no. I mean, sure. you can do t4 with anything. But that's the thing - it would be "anything", not "dps".

>

> Yeah, I love my necro but I won't join any meta grp with it. Meta grps need burst dmg. They pull trash mobs on top of each other and quickly finish them.

>

> But for non meta t4 pug grps I find necro super fun. Often ppl there don't pull stuff together so I can make full use of my AoE abilities. And because most often in t4 non meta pugs, the mobs don't die instantly I can also use epidemic to spread stuff.

>

> Necro condi scourge is absolutely more than fine to run t4 fratals. But is has really not much use in a meta grp composition.

This is a person that understands meta composition, so +1. Likewise said, its fine in a chill/casual t4s. Just not in a meta group for t4s.

> @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> I skip Twilight Oasis and Shattered Observatory to keep my mental sanity, and pugging with the other fractals is usually ok. I would not say that there is a "severe drop in player ability", but there's a grain of truth in it.

Is it a coincidence that you need to be able to use your special ability with these fractals? Or is it just because the new fracs are really that much more difficult.

I see so many ppl that know all the mechanics but in 100% of the time in shattered, they don't turn their char away from the boss and get always feared. They also don't understand the way their special jump works there, that itcan be used as an stunbreak (after getting feared for example) that its cd resets when getting hit by the blue ball or that it can be used in mid air or that it can be used to break the boss breakbar.

Either ppl never read the tooltips for these abilities, they've not bound them to a key that they can reach and they try to use it with their cursor in the midst of the fight, or they simply forget to use this key.

Imo it's the lack of clever usage of the special abilities that makes these fracs with some pugs much harder than it should be.

> @"Blood.5607" said:

> > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > My point has always been that they might not be top tier dps anymore (I looked at the raid dps charts recently, though I acknowledge that raids are not fractals and can't be exactly adhered to) you can't say they aren't dps. Even though I can't hit it, 30k is solid dps for the people that can.

> > > >

> > > > They just aren't dps you are interested in.

> > >

> > > Whether or not I'm interested is irrelevant. Necromancers in particular and condi builds in general are simply too slow for fractals. Their ramp up time is comparable to the time it takes to kill the mobs or the boss. In raids it is different, as the bosses there have hit points in the tens of millions. So in raids - yeah, necro can be a valid dps. Even pretty useful in certain encounters, albeit probably not really optimal anywhere. But in fractals, no. I mean, sure. you can do t4 with anything. But that's the thing - it would be "anything", not "dps".

> >

> > Yeah, I love my necro but I won't join any meta grp with it. Meta grps need burst dmg. They pull trash mobs on top of each other and quickly finish them.

> >

> > But for non meta t4 pug grps I find necro super fun. Often ppl there don't pull stuff together so I can make full use of my AoE abilities. And because most often in t4 non meta pugs, the mobs don't die instantly I can also use epidemic to spread stuff.

> >

> > Necro condi scourge is absolutely more than fine to run t4 fratals. But is has really not much use in a meta grp composition.

>

> This is a person that understands meta composition, so +1. Likewise said, its fine in a chill/casual t4s. Just not in a meta group for t4s.

>

Agreed, that's a good summary of power vs condi in fractals. Since I started playing condi warrior, my Banner Gurl, fractals like Molten Boss and Urban Battleground are less fun if you have good power dps in your group. I used to play Power Daredevil, and it's awesome for these kind of fights, I used to out-damage every other class in most cases. If you play condi dps, the mobs are already dead when your damage starts getting serious. I sometimes don't even bother attacking them with my warrior, and they die basically as fast as if I had joined the fight.

> @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> > I skip Twilight Oasis and Shattered Observatory to keep my mental sanity, and pugging with the other fractals is usually ok. I would not say that there is a "severe drop in player ability", but there's a grain of truth in it.

>

> Is it a coincidence that you need to be able to use your special ability with these fractals? Or is it just because the new fracs are really that much more difficult.

>

> I see so many ppl that know all the mechanics but in 100% of the time in shattered, they don't turn their char away from the boss and get always feared. They also don't understand the way their special jump works there, that itcan be used as an stunbreak (after getting feared for example) that its cd resets when getting hit by the blue ball or that it can be used in mid air or that it can be used to break the boss breakbar.

May be. I skip TO and SO, because they are not fun. They are not fun, because so often people go down for no reason or miss the mechanics, and in the end the whole team goes down because of the avengers. It is no fun when I, as squishy elementalist, are quite some time last man standing in SO, facing 3 avengers. Since it is not apparent at joining who is capable of serving the mechanics and who is not, only after wipes and fails, and I never kick people as a matter of principle, I don't do them any more. It might be that the added mechanics are the tiny element the more superficial players are not able to take, that make the difference between success and fail. They might be able to maximize their gear and memorize a dps rotation, which is sufficient to do all other fractals, but serving the multiple mechanics in the new fractals doesn't seem possible for them.