2 parts of the world, no event epicness

pinkglow.3429

> @pinkglow.3429 said:

> > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > @pinkglow.3429 said:

> > > I think a good balance would have been 1-2 meta events in the new maps, then people who enjoy them would continue to jump around between the new world and HoT. Atm, since there is no meta what so ever in the new world, there is already a steady stream back to HoT, second day after expansion launch.

> >

> > that is the point your missing guild wars never ever had meta events at all . and nor should the new pack have any meta events at all and should not add the meta events at all. if they do add meta events to the new pack maps now

> >

> > that will be a major slap in the face of guild wars itself .

>

> Perhaps we shouldn't have mounts or be able to jump either

oh now thank you for making me spit coffee all over the place . :p ;) =) <3 :3 . that is so epic but yet a little too late now for that one .lol already done and over with can not go back now on that one the kitten is out of the bag and running free :3 <3 but will say I am waiting for the player base to begin its crying loud once they understand and realize every thing about this new pack yet . <3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Microundeas.4530 said:

> You don't even see people doing normal events... it's so sad :/

> + the maps look so empty, and you can't even do the story...

> gj anet you just shoot your own foot :(

Noticed that myself, its only been a day and the maps are basically empty right now, on a weekend.

> @Rennie.6750 said:

> Good riddance. Meta events involving splitting 50+ players across the map were really a bad idea. It takes too much to setup and the rate of success were like 10%.

Gee, I must be very luck because my success rate at Dragon Stand and AB, both of which Iv'e done dozens of times (actually I've done AB over 100 times), is probably over 90%. My success rate in TD is somewhat lower, but still around 75%.

DS has the lowest success rate at all if you're trying to get to T4. However, if you're just trying to get the reward for the boss kill, the currency and the amalgamatged gemstone, then my success rate is closer to 100%.

The only way you could possibly have a 10% success rate is if you ignore timer sites and don't use LFG.

> @Rennie.6750 said:

> Good riddance. Meta events involving splitting 50+ players across the map were really a bad idea. It takes too much to setup and the rate of success were like 10%.

Plus with how huge the maps are, having them all be just a catalyst to singular meta events would make them feel pretty empty.

Say what you want but DS is the best event and most fun I got from any MMORPG.

One thing I don't get is why such extreme turn? Why from all meta to no at all?

Why acknowledge only one part of player base?

New players that don't have HoT, or were told that it's not so good, won't be able to experience fun from meta events.

But I guess "balance" is not a word anet has on their board :p

I love to see something similar to Silverwastes.

speak for yourself, PoF is much more pleasant and peaceful without people zerging in the center waiting for a gold farm(the only reason people did meta events) the meta events were a mere lagfest for people to get free loot handed out to them, if you want a event with lots of people do WvW or go back to a old zone

New maps are boring. Plain and simple. They lack verticality HoT and best LS3 maps offered. They lack intricate travel routes. Actually, they lack travel routes at all. Even in tangled mess, once i got my travel points up and memorized general pattern, it took me 2 minutes tops to get where I wanted to be. Here? Oh well, I guess 5 minutes of absolutely non-interactive mount riding in straight line is "fun".

And worst of all, there's nowhere to go. No events, no anything. It's huge dead wasteland not worth doing outside of first time. I'll be out of here the moment I finish my scourge collection. Fuck, it's day 2, and it's already empty out there.

And to all the people who go "oh, good riddance, HoT maps were too difficult" - while i agree that some HoT maps were over the top complicated, LS3 maps hit the sweet spot of being interesting yet comprehendable. What we have now is painfuly like Core Tyria. I somehow don't see that many of you running in Core Tyria.