SMS Authentication issues right now?

Last Wednesday I tried to login using my laptop from a new network and I never got the SMS authentication code. Then Thursday night, my router rebooted and got a new IP on a block I've never authenticated before and I never got the code. I did get a code around 5am EST on Friday, and throughout the weekend, but today I'm not getting them again.

Right now I just want to get rid of SMS Authentication and switch to Google Authentication but can't cause it's not sending me the link to unlink 2-step verification so I cant. Funny enough, I opened a ticket on Thursday evening when I had the issues with my router and when it was solved I replied to the same email saying problem was gone and I just got the generic reply a few days later saying that they are glad it was fixed, but no details if it was an issue on their side or something else.

Anyone else having issues? Is ANET aware of any issues? I searched the forums and it seems some people were having issues within the last month.

I did, and at the same time I kept retrying once every hour. After 2 days of retrying I eventually got a code. Something is definitely broken in their SMS auth sending code system. By the time they replied I had already received the code to unlink sms auth and went with app auth. From the looks of some posts in this forum, some people have been having the same issue and ANET is not acknowledging it. Same issue happened last week and I had to retry for 2 days while I waited for an answer. Same thing, by the time they replied I had eventually received a code.

> @"Majesty.8194" said:

> I did, and at the same time I kept retrying once every hour. After 2 days of retrying I eventually got a code. Something is definitely broken in their SMS auth sending code system. By the time they replied I had already received the code to unlink sms auth and went with app auth. From the looks of some posts in this forum, some people have been having the same issue and ANET is not acknowledging it. Same issue happened last week and I had to retry for 2 days while I waited for an answer. Same thing, by the time they replied I had eventually received a code.

I've been getting this problem for the last few months so I've had to keep rebooting my router until I get a recognised ip cos the auth sms never comes to me. In fact I am waiting for one right now but if it doesn't come in half an hour I'm going back to rebooting my router over and over until I get a recognised ip. Maybe it's time for me to remove sms auth because there is no way for me to receive it reliably - once upon a time when it did work, it worked flawlessly.

Also, sometimes I have to for some unknown reason, clear cookies in my browser as well or it will keep triggering sms auth even for an authorised ip. Another strange thing is when I am logged in, it is showing a different ip than my current one as "Current log-ins". What gives? Is it from a previous cached login or something and just not updated? Right now this is a big headache as my isp assigns dynamic ips and it's only a lucky thing that I've saved a few of the ip pools for login access so I don't need to reboot my router a billion times. Sms auth is broken for me amongst other things related to it. Not to mention I have to do this same dance on 2 accounts because the other one doesn't have as many saved ip pools as my main one does which means I can only use ip's that are allowed on both of them or I will have to do sms auth which obviously doesn't work to send me the sms.

I am afraid to unlink and relink my phone in case it doesn't even send me the sms again.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...