What do you like about the revenant?

Manpag.6421

> @"Aigleborgne.2981" said:

> > @"Warlyx.6732" said:

> > what made me love Rev was Sword #3 , too bad those skills arent more prominent in this game , a multiteleport attack ? hell yeah!

>

> I like sword 3 too. But casting time pretty much kills it in the first place. I mainly use it for evade and life leech and the former is difficult to time right because of casting time...

> Animation is awewome through, I still use it from time time.

>

yeah , now paired with IO isnt that bad but yeah, i use it for the evade , and if needed for the gap closer

Just to weigh in because Revenant is my favourite profession despite all its flaws.

The main thing is the thematic style (as others have pointed out), the lore, and the link back to GW1. Having a heavy that is more interesting in concept than warrior or paladin archetypes.

The animations are fantastic from skills to each weapon... and yeah, dual wielding swords as actual power weapons ticks a lot of things off for me! I really like the way that by changing the legend you can completely alter your play style. In open world and just for fun I love playing a hybrid Shiro/Mallyx Renegade with Sw/Sw & M/A - as clunky as the class might be at times (and build issues of course) it offers a playstyle I enjoy more than other classes.

... just hoping for this coming balance patch to make us more desired in high-end content!

Everything about it thematically, I really like Shiro and specially its **decision making with energy management**. "Do I use my energy to keep applying pressure on my target (Weapon Skills, Impossible Odds, Phase Traversal) or do I use it to create distance and/or survive (Weapon Skills, Riposting Shadows, Impossible Odds, Facet of Chaos and even Phase Traversal) or do I bet it all and use Jade Winds.

It is the class I like the most by far in this game.

• 9 months later...

Saying "just level up" is idiotic, of course I'll have all my abilities at 80 ffs

The problem is I'm a returning player who had forgotten all the mechanics after years of absence, and I just spent all my point in a talent tree and now I have none to spend on utility abilities to test this new class out, only the weapon abilities and shitty passives from the tree

Of course I'll have all my abilities at 80, but that doesn't solve my current problem of wanting to test out EVEN JUST 1 utility ability because theres no respec option

If it's obvious to "just level up" then it's also obvious to "just add a respec button" god fucking dammit

Some Pros

+ I like animations -> Dodges,staff5, overall everything with "mist grey/black"

+ Shiro,Glint Sword/sword +Staff -PvP, WvW or PvE this is so fun and if you manage your energy well you will never staff you will be always doing something(shame you cannot tell the same about other possible mixes of legends.)

+ Every Legend looks totaly different and some spells looks really cool

+ Herald Facet of Nature Passive are really cool and Renegade F2-F4 spells too.

+ Elites are good in combination of all other legends so you can make lot of builds

+ Core weapons are pretty solid and almost whole spectrum is covered.

+ With Legend Swap you change how you can play the class(pretty good in PvP)

+ Lot of boons and buffs for 10ppl

+ all utility skills are useful in most scenarios

+ Assassins Presence

+ Conversations with legends..when I heard them for the first time I was so amazed.!

+ Sword skill 4 and 3,Axe skill5, Staff 3and5 coool skills to look at.

Some Cons

- Elite specs weapons are kinda useless (shield) or one dimensional (Shortbow is PvE only)

- Energy sometimes block class potencial(mainly in PvE), I would like to see in future skills that you can active only if you have >15 energy and they give you another 40,50,60 energy(F2 type a skill) + some action

- With Legend Swap you change how you can play the class.you Cannot focus entirely on 1 thing but Elites kinda solved this

- only 6 core weapons

- Kalla cannot swim under water '\_o_/'

- If you roleplay, until you hit HoTs its kinda strange..like you are revenant and on start of Hots Rytlock is the "first" while you have done so much..you know.

- you cannot change utility slots, and you have only 4 core(hey I wanna fifth!)

- Without dmg modifiers and 25might, dps is kinda low

- Glint/Shiro for everything,PvE dmg ,PvP,WvW Roaming. You can get sick of it. Almost same build and same traitlines..dmg modifiers cuz dps

> @"Sinthose.2405" said:

> Saying "just level up" is idiotic, of course I'll have all my abilities at 80 kitten

>

> The problem is I'm a returning player who had forgotten all the mechanics after years of absence, and I just spent all my point in a talent tree and now I have none to spend on utility abilities to test this new class out, only the weapon abilities and kitten passives from the tree

>

> Of course I'll have all my abilities at 80, but that doesn't solve my current problem of wanting to test out EVEN JUST 1 utility ability because theres no respec option

>

> If it's obvious to "just level up" then it's also obvious to "just add a respec button" god kitten kitten

>

Go play it in the PvP lobby or an unranked game where all specs/skills/traits are unlocked.

I've always loved micromanaged factions in most games I play. I like having moving parts to think about. When I win it's because I know I outplayed someone with something that isn't inherently easy. When this game launched I bought it because of Engineer. It was a micromanage dream come true. Over time I've gravitated to Elementalist and now I play Revenant. In the grand list of professions I play regularly Revenant is my second main, with Engineer being my first and then Elementalist and Guardian rounding out my regular rotation. I'm actually very happy that each armor class has a micromanage, jack of all trades, answer for everything profession. In the short time that Rev's been out it has surpassed playtime hours of professions I've also been playing since launch, like my Necromancer, Ranger, and my first Thief.

There is something fun about complexity. I think it's the knowledge that it takes genuine skill to pull everything off (which is also the number one reason why Holosmith disappoints me, despite how much I love it. It makes Engineer far too easy). However Revenant has a lot of great flavor. It isn't just one thing. The personality of the profession changes with the Legend you're running. You go Glint and you spam boons which helps to aid your team in a fashion that Glint helps and aids Tyria against the Elder Dragons. You go Shiro and suddenly you are a fast and furious assassin. I like how the mechanics of each Legend captures the personality of that Legend.

I also enjoy a good challenge (again this is what draws me to Engineer and Elementalist). Revenant is one of the most challenging professions to play as you have to make the skills you are given work for you as opposed to fine tunning each and every utility in a min/max fashion (not that I'm saying that's a bad thing, just acknowledging it's a different approach to skill selection). The weapon animations are a thing of beauty. All of them. I wish the shield was viable as I actually love the look and feel of it when used.

I think Revenant is in a nice groove. It needs some QoL changes but I don't feel it is severely underpowered, Renegade being the exception (also .... why Charr? Being as how it was introduced in PoF a squad of Sunspears would have made **A LOT MORE SENSE** and been way more thematic for that expansion. Huge miss opportunity there ANet). I love the mechanics. I love Energy. I love how it makes you think about what you are doing. Yes, you can spam all your moves but then you find yourself not being able to defend or attack if you just mash buttons. It's one of the reasons I stand so opposed to most of these threads that try to reimagine Revenant. Very few of the new versions capture what is appealing about the profession we actually have and read more like peoples dream profession of ultimate tricks from other professions. I also feel most peoples cons with this profession kinda miss the point of the entire profession as a lot of the complaints I've seen about Revenant boil down to L2P issues that are easily solved if you adjust your playstyle to match what is being offered here.

Though I will never ever understand the obsession with greatsword. The current Legendary greatsword is as ugly as sin and yet it's one of the heavily pushed weapons.

> @"Sinthose.2405" said:

> Saying "just level up" is idiotic, of course I'll have all my abilities at 80 kitten

>

> The problem is I'm a returning player who had forgotten all the mechanics after years of absence, and I just spent all my point in a talent tree and now I have none to spend on utility abilities to test this new class out, only the weapon abilities and kitten passives from the tree

>

> Of course I'll have all my abilities at 80, but that doesn't solve my current problem of wanting to test out EVEN JUST 1 utility ability because theres no respec option

>

> If it's obvious to "just level up" then it's also obvious to "just add a respec button" god kitten kitten

>

I have to ask, in a discussion about what we love about Revenant what place does a complaint about not being able to try out specific skills have? This seems like a general issue with the game as a whole and not tied specifically to Revenant as you can't respec any profession and they all have to go through a careful selection process of what you think you want.