Spirit Weapons - proposed ammo cooldown reduction

Ezrael.6859

When it comes to Sword of Justice and Hammer of Wisdom, you can reduce the ammo cooldowns all you want, but for PvP and WvW that's not the problem, the issue is that the attacks are so slow that they can't hit a moving target. PvP and WvW is all about moving, unlike the stationary punching bags in PvE.

Sword needs to attack much faster and deal its damage strikes as quickly as something like the Illusionary Berserker.

Hammer needs to animate either twice as quickly or have the knockdown as an area effect like Drop the Hammer, but smaller at 180 radius.

Spirit Weapons are the new Necromancer axe. I like the idea suggestion of making them act like the Illusionary Berserker.

My suggestion is to make them instant (to avoid a break in rotating through skills), latch on the target (similar to Ranger's Hunter's call), and tweak the power coefficients. Until they seriously make a decent change to them, they'll continue to be an extremely poor option.

As a side note - I remember seeing an ArenaNet employee run around in WvW with full spirit weapons, back when they were summons, with the Sylvan Hound racial elite. I should've had the foresight then and there to know that Spirit Weapons would be perpetually doomed.

I want spirit weapons completely reworked that make them function like a cross between kits and the original GW1 version.

Make spirit weapons not be utility skills anymore, just completely remove them, turn them into a single grandmaster trait that buffs the function of sword, shield, hammer, longbow (all weapons guardian can use)

The GM trait can grant a slight damage buff to all weapons and also enhance specific skills.

For example, sword 2 also applies burning and 1 second of immob, hammer 3 becomes unblockable and applies knockdown, shield 5 grants resistance and reflects projectiles, longbow 5 removes all condis from any allies.

Having spirit weapons complete with utility slots with meditations or mantras will never happen unless they also gut meditations and/or mantras to the point of unplayable.

> @"Darknicrofia.2604" said:

> I want spirit weapons completely reworked that make them function like a cross between kits and the original GW1 version.

>

> Make spirit weapons not be utility skills anymore, just completely remove them, turn them into a single grandmaster trait that buffs the function of sword, shield, hammer, longbow (all weapons guardian can use)

>

> The GM trait can grant a slight damage buff to all weapons and also enhance specific skills.

>

> For example, sword 2 also applies burning and 1 second of immob, hammer 3 becomes unblockable and applies knockdown, shield 5 grants resistance and reflects projectiles, longbow 5 removes all condis from any allies.

>

> Having spirit weapons complete with utility slots with meditations or mantras will never happen unless they also gut meditations and/or mantras to the point of unplayable.

That's an interesting idea. What if they kept it a utility, once you cast that spirit weapon, it replaces your bar with those different skills? For example, Sword of Justice could deploy a lot of condition, where hammer could be cc/dmg, bow would of course be healing. This would fill in the gaps for the virtue downtimes.