42:1000:7006:1232 Can't login to client

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Nayaru.4716" said:

> Again: Free workaround for this problem: Windscribe VPN, download and install in a matter of minutes. Set the location as "USA East" then close and reopen your launcher if you had it open. Then you'll be able to login as usual. Some EU people said setting the VPN to Germany worked too.

>

> It's 7am at arenanet office, let them wake up before being annoyed at them for not paying someone to be up all night making sure there's no server issues! Patience is a virtue.

I'm a gamer, I don't understand patience, only rage! :)

> @"Andy Rymz.7518" said:

> Come on Arenanet, things are getting desperate here in Norfolk, I've taken to watching Come Dine with me. HELP!

Think I'll join you, in a min.

I love Come Dine With Me.

ATM, I'm watching Donald Trump joking about his combover. xD

Always knew it wasn't a wig...

What kind of wig shop sells combover style wigs?

I'm in Australia, getting the error "42:1000:7006:1232".

I ran guildwars with "-diag" , which gave me the following result:

cligate.101.NCPlatform.net. 61.9.226.43:6112 - connect failed

All other results were successful.

When I put "cligate.101.NCPlatform.net" into a browser my ISP is showing it as "Malicious Content".

I don't know why but I've put a security report in so it can be looked into.

I changed my DNS to use google "8.8.8.8" and using a browser "cligate.101.NCPlatform.net" now returns a different IP and works.

reran the guildwars 2 diag and all results are now successful.

Guildwars 2 authenticates and works for me and I am happily playing now.

> @"Aspire Talon.6054" said:

> for those using Virgin Media in the UK if you have Web Safe enabled in your account settings it is currently blocking http://cligate.101.ncplatform.net/, you can report it as a valid address and wait for them to fix it or turn off Web Safe , i turned it off and can now login (i use a better form of protection anyway).

Had this problem all day. This solution worked for me. Well, turning Websafe off worked, now I should report it as a valid address.

> for those using Virgin Media in the UK if you have Web Safe enabled in your account settings it is currently blocking http://cligate.101.ncplatform.net/, you can report it as a valid address and wait for them to fix it or turn off Web Safe , i turned it off and can now login (i use a better form of protection anyway).

This also seems to be a solution if you are on BT, I logged in to my BT account and turned off the BT Web Protect and I can now login. Now I'll just have to remember to go and turn it back on once this is fixed!

This fixed it thanks, I mean how do people even think about these solutions, I dropped my vape pen 45 minutes ago at my desk and I still can't find it.

Be careful turning off your "Web Safe" browsing. If your DNS is compromised you will be sending data to an unknown destination.

From my Australia computer, cligate.101.NCPlatform.net seems to resolves to a personal address in Australia, not ANET. If I turn off safe browsing, I would be sending my data to that persons computer.

Not saying that is the case for people in UK. Just raising security awareness.

This worked for me. Thanks :)

> @"Tigaseye.2047" said:

> > @"Andy Rymz.7518" said:

> > Come on Arenanet, things are getting desperate here in Norfolk, I've taken to watching Come Dine with me. HELP!

>

> Think I'll join you, in a min.

>

> I love Come Dine With Me.

>

> ATM, I'm watching Donald Trump joking about his combover. xD

>

> Always knew it wasn't a wig...

>

> What kind of wig shop sells combover style wigs?

He clearly has a problem with his bald spot seeing as he's mentioning it rather often, he should just bite the bullet and shave his head.

TY Fixed my issue ^^

> @"Gotenks Jr.3752" said:

> > @"Aspire Talon.6054" said:

> > for those using Virgin Media in the UK if you have Web Safe enabled in your account settings it is currently blocking http://cligate.101.ncplatform.net/, you can report it as a valid address and wait for them to fix it or turn off Web Safe , i turned it off and can now login (i use a better form of protection anyway).

>

> TY Fixed my issue ^^

fixed my issue too... thanks

> @"Kalemar.4873" said:

> Be careful turning off your "Web Safe" browsing. If your DNS is compromised you will be sending data to an unknown destination.

> From my Australia computer, cligate.101.NCPlatform.net seems to resolves to a personal address in Australia, not ANET. If I turn off safe browsing, I would be sending my data to that persons computer.

>

> Not saying that is the case for people in UK. Just raising security awareness.

Yeah, I'm not going to mess around with security settings. For all we know ANets been hacked.

Kalemar.4873Kalemar.4873

3:35PM

I'm in Australia, getting the error "42:1000:7006:1232".

I ran guildwars with "-diag" , which gave me the following result:

cligate.101.NCPlatform.net. 61.9.226.43:6112 - connect failed

All other results were successful.

When I put "cligate.101.NCPlatform.net" into a browser my ISP is showing it as "Malicious Content".

I don't know why but I've put a security report in so it can be looked into.

I changed my DNS to use google "8.8.8.8" and using a browser "cligate.101.NCPlatform.net" now returns a different IP and works.

reran the guildwars 2 diag and all results are now successful.

Guildwars 2 authenticates and works for me and I am happily playing now.

worked for me. UK based

Confirming turning off my BT web protect allows me to login without a VPN.

It seems sky users are able to login fine!

Edit: Does someone happen to know how to report these things to BT? I couldn't find an obvious way so tried a live chat and got someone who may aswell have been an automation. They confirmed there is nothing wrong with my internet. Well done whoever that was.

> @"Little Leaver.9513" said:

> > @"Speedy.2579" said:

> > This virgin media customer is safely logged in now... it took a little while after turning off the web safe, but finally it's time to do some dailies...

>

> If only that was for me... Not virgin media customer. Stuck at log in. *Currently crying of bordem*

If you turn off whatever web safety addon your provider has, it should work. BT Web protect for me. UK Sky users seems to be ok from what I've heard.

Or failing that you can use a VPN, there's some free ones around, I used "Windscribe" earlier before someone worked out what the problem was.