42:1000:7006:1232 Can't login to client

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a reply to my ticket :)

We are currently aware of this issue and working diligently on resolving this matter for all in the United Kingdom. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue from the time you receive this reply.

Regards,

GM Ultra Viper

I replied with a yes still having the problem

> @"Aspire Talon.6054" said:

> for those using Virgin Media in the UK if you have Web Safe enabled in your account settings it is currently blocking http://cligate.101.ncplatform.net/, you can report it as a valid address and wait for them to fix it or turn off Web Safe , i turned it off and can now login (i use a better form of protection anyway).

Turning it off didnt work for me

I'd be interested to know which protection method you use.

Cheers

> @"Cheeky Git.4632" said:

> > @"Heimao.7503" said:

> > turning off web safety tools should not be used without caution. nor should it be presented as a solution. please be mindful of risks. I know I sound boring, but...

>

> Being mindful, I turned off Web Safe

> Still didnt work

try practicing choiceless awareness, mate ;P

mindfully,

H

> @"Heimao.7503" said:

> turning off web safety tools should not be used without caution. nor should it be presented as a solution. please be mindful of risks. I know I sound boring, but...

There should be an exception list for the apps, but if not, and assuming they're just blocking the DNS query, you could manually set the IP instead. Just don't forget it, since the IP will eventually change. Open notepad as an administrator and open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. At the bottom, add the line:

34.205.103.240 cligate.101.ncplatform.net

> @"BrotherBelial.3094" said:

> Yeah, I'm not going to mess around with security settings. For all we know ANets been hacked.

This is just a different way to attack the game, like a DDoS. Spam phishing reports on a domain and hope they don't actually check it. NCSoft has had this happen a few times.

> @"Cheeky Git.4632" said:

> > @"Aspire Talon.6054" said:

> > for those using Virgin Media in the UK if you have Web Safe enabled in your account settings it is currently blocking http://cligate.101.ncplatform.net/, you can report it as a valid address and wait for them to fix it or turn off Web Safe , i turned it off and can now login (i use a better form of protection anyway).

>

> Turning it off didnt work for me

> I'd be interested to know which protection method you use.

> Cheers

>

Apart from having the full Sophos suite (which i think is now free for up to 10 devices) on all the devises that connect to my LAN / WLAN I own a physical WatchGuard firewall which has more features than i will ever need but helps monitor everything inbound and outbound ., its probably a bit OTT for home use but I work in IT so picked up a firewall that was used to protect a large business with 500+ employees for peanuts!

I also run a build check on the PC's regularly to check my kids have not installed anything dodgy their friend told them to try!

> @"Aspire Talon.6054" said:

> > @"Cheeky Git.4632" said:

> > > @"Aspire Talon.6054" said:

> > > for those using Virgin Media in the UK if you have Web Safe enabled in your account settings it is currently blocking http://cligate.101.ncplatform.net/, you can report it as a valid address and wait for them to fix it or turn off Web Safe , i turned it off and can now login (i use a better form of protection anyway).

> >

> > Turning it off didnt work for me

> > I'd be interested to know which protection method you use.

> > Cheers

> >

>

> Apart from having the full Sophos suite (which i think is now free for up to 10 devices) on all the devises that connect to my LAN / WLAN I own a physical WatchGuard firewall which has more features than i will ever need but helps monitor everything inbound and outbound ., its probably a bit OTT for home use but I work in IT so picked up a firewall that was used to protect a large business with 500+ employees for peanuts!

>

> I also run a build check on the PC's regularly to check my kids have not installed anything dodgy their friend told them to try!

Thanks

I've toyed with the idea of using Anonabox Pro

Just wondered which one you were using

Cheers for the prompt response

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all, we're continuing to work on this. I know it's irritating and I'm really sorry. :( It's not fun for us either–we'd rather have you logged in and playing. It's kinda why we're all here.

The teams working on this have asked for some information from you. Those of you who are having login issues, can you [submit a support ticket](https://help.guildwars2.com "submit a support ticket") with your location, if you're playing on NA or EU worlds, ISP, client log, and -diag log. That will help us sort this out more quickly.

Again, I'm sorry you guys are having login issues, and thanks in advance for helping us sort them out!

ETA some instructions:

* First, run Guild Wars 2 using the -log command below. This will generate a log file of what is happening when you attempt to run the game. To do this:

1. Locate your Guild Wars 2 shortcut

2. Right-click and select "Properties."

3. In the "Target" line, add a space and “-log” (without the quotation marks) to the end of the string. Note: Please make sure that “-log” is outside of the quotes -- Correctly Formatted Example: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -log | Incorrectly Formatted Example: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe -log"

4. Run Guild Wars 2. If you're experiencing errors or crashes please run until the error or crash occurs.

* Then, in order to run the Guild Wars 2 network diagnostic:

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder.

2. Right-click on "Gw2.exe" and select "Create Shortcut."

3. Right-click on "Gw2.exe - Shortcut" and select "Rename."

4. Rename this file to "Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic."

5. Right-click on "Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic" and select "Properties."

6. Locate the "Target" line and add the following to the end " -diag" Your target line should look like this: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -diag

7. Click OK to save your changes.

8. Open "Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic" to start the test.

9. Once completed, please click "View Results" and save the results to a text file on your Desktop.

> @"Andy Rymz.7518" said:

> > @"Tigaseye.2047" said:

> > > @"Andy Rymz.7518" said:

> > > Come on Arenanet, things are getting desperate here in Norfolk, I've taken to watching Come Dine with me. HELP!

> >

> > Think I'll join you, in a min.

> >

> > I love Come Dine With Me.

> >

> > ATM, I'm watching Donald Trump joking about his combover. xD

> >

> > Always knew it wasn't a wig...

> >

> > What kind of wig shop sells combover style wigs?

>

> He clearly has a problem with his bald spot seeing as he's mentioning it rather often, he should just bite the bullet and shave his head.

IDK, I think I might actually miss the sleeping, golden squirrel, at this point, lol.

> @"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

> Hi all, we're continuing to work on this. I know it's irritating and I'm really sorry. :( It's not fun for us either–we'd rather have you logged in and playing. It's kinda why we're all here.

>

> The teams working on this have asked for some information from you. Those of you who are having login issues, can you [submit a support ticket](https://help.guildwars2.com "submit a support ticket") with your location, if you're playing on NA or EU worlds, ISP, client log, and -diag log. That will help us sort this out more quickly.

>

> Again, I'm sorry you guys are having login issues, and thanks in advance for helping us sort them out!

>

How do you get the client log and the -diag log? I've no idea what any of that is