42:1000:7006:1232 Can't login to client

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having the same issue here in uk. been like it now for more than 4 hours(since i tried logging the first time today) Tried all the tips on the forums with regards to firewall(never a problem before) and made sure it has access (which it had already) but still unable to log in. Tries looking at the login server status and all i see are ? nest to each server

> @"Tikolosh.9036" said:

> BT - Greater London.

>

> cligate.101.NCPlatform.net.

> 213.120.234.106:6112 - connect failed

> 213.120.234.122:6112 - connect failed

>

> I have tried using VPN as well via US, Canada, French and German Servers and not working

In short, your ISP is hijacking your DNS. It's failing to connect since those aren't GW2's servers, they're your ISP. You can fix the problem by switching DNS providers, for example, Google.

Since the problem is the DNS providers, ArenaNet won't be able to fix the problem themselves. They could, but it'd require changing the domain name, which may or may not be an option. If it's not, they can only complain to these ISPs, and it could take them a while to fix it.

Thanks for the info. thats more help than arenanet have been the past few hours .so do we know how LONG this is going to be going on for (a few more hours,days,weeks etc) .i'm kinda new to this game but i believe it's been out for a while so why are they still having these problems? You'de have thought they'de have sorted it months/years ago

= Tracing network paths (about 10 mins)

==============================================================================

*--> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 206.127.158.1 <--*

Tracing route to 206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

0 MyComputer [192.168.1.101]

1 192.168.1.1

2 192.168.0.1

3 * * *

Computing statistics for 25 seconds...

Source to Here This Node/Link

Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address

0/ 50 = 0% |

1 0ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 192.168.1.1

0/ 50 = 0% |

2 3ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 192.168.0.1

Trace complete.

*--> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 64.25.39.1 <--*

Tracing route to 64.25.33-1.ncsoft.com [64.25.39.1]

1 192.168.1.1

2 192.168.0.1

3 * * *

0/ 50 = 0% |

0/ 50 = 0% |

Trace complete.

*--> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 54.230.0.59 <--*

Tracing route to server-54-230-0-59.lhr5.r.cloudfront.net [54.230.0.59]

1 192.168.1.1

2 192.168.0.1

3 * * *

0/ 50 = 0% |

0/ 50 = 0% |

Trace complete.

Section completed in 56.19 seconds

sorry for the wall-o-text but i feel it is important directly from the -diag report

> @"pbraintheoracle not.9071" said:

> Thanks for the info. thats more help than arenanet have been the past few hours .so do we know how LONG this is going to be going on for (a few more hours,days,weeks etc) .i'm kinda new to this game but i believe it's been out for a while so why are they still having these problems? You'de have thought they'de have sorted it months/years ago

Every MMO can have unforseen connection issues. DDOS attacks, sudden bugs appearing. It is the side effect of an always evolving online game and happens to all such companies. Absolutely 100% impossible to iron out all issues, especially when dealing with the internet.

As for ETA, well unless they know the source and have a fix identified, it would be impossible to give one. Experience suggests it will be fixed within hours, but that is no guarantee. Such problems do not have a "this will last x amount of time".

We know they are working on it and it will go quicker if everyone submits the ticket with the requested info they asked for in this thread.

I'm sure we will all find other things to do with our time for one night in the meantime

have logged a ticket with requested diagnostic page of 'e-numbers', long distance phone numbers, and possibly ET's dna sequence

even though the instructions tail off with save a copy on your desktop? I don't see how you can see it on my desktop even if I follow the random advice to put down my firewall, I'll be throwing the laptop against the wall next.

having done all this do I need to delete the dialog shortcut an rename my usual one to remove the -log bit, or do I just leave it there?

> @"Ben Lothian.8243" said:

> For those using BT as an ISP - A quick fix is to switch off "BT Protect" via BT's webpage. However you do need to be the account holder (and remember your password!!) and it does remove a layer of protection on your internet connection.

This worked for me thank you. I wonder if this will help my ping issues too, wishful thinking xd

Anyone else desperate to get on, I was using a free trial of Nordvpn earlier, don't need to put your bank details or anything, 3 days free.

> @"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

> Hi all, we're continuing to work on this. I know it's irritating and I'm really sorry. :( It's not fun for us either–we'd rather have you logged in and playing. It's kinda why we're all here.

>

> The teams working on this have asked for some information from you. Those of you who are having login issues, can you [submit a support ticket](https://help.guildwars2.com "submit a support ticket") with your location, if you're playing on NA or EU worlds, ISP, client log, and -diag log. That will help us sort this out more quickly.

>

> Again, I'm sorry you guys are having login issues, and thanks in advance for helping us sort them out!

>

> ETA some instructions:

> * First, run Guild Wars 2 using the -log command below. This will generate a log file of what is happening when you attempt to run the game. To do this:

> 1. Locate your Guild Wars 2 shortcut

> 2. Right-click and select "Properties."

> 3. In the "Target" line, add a space and “-log” (without the quotation marks) to the end of the string. Note: Please make sure that “-log” is outside of the quotes -- Correctly Formatted Example: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -log | Incorrectly Formatted Example: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe -log"

> 4. Run Guild Wars 2. If you're experiencing errors or crashes please run until the error or crash occurs.

>

>

> * Then, in order to run the Guild Wars 2 network diagnostic:

> 1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder.

> 2. Right-click on "Gw2.exe" and select "Create Shortcut."

> 3. Right-click on "Gw2.exe - Shortcut" and select "Rename."

> 4. Rename this file to "Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic."

> 5. Right-click on "Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic" and select "Properties."

> 6. Locate the "Target" line and add the following to the end " -diag" Your target line should look like this: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -diag

> 7. Click OK to save your changes.

> 8. Open "Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic" to start the test.

> 9. Once completed, please click "View Results" and save the results to a text file on your Desktop.

>

Reposting for anyone coming here and not looking at previous posts. Going to do the -log bit myself now and update my ticket.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"pbraintheoracle not.9071" said:

> > Thanks for the info. thats more help than arenanet have been the past few hours .so do we know how LONG this is going to be going on for (a few more hours,days,weeks etc) .i'm kinda new to this game but i believe it's been out for a while so why are they still having these problems? You'de have thought they'de have sorted it months/years ago

>

> Every MMO can have unforseen connection issues. DDOS attacks, sudden bugs appearing. It is the side effect of an always evolving online game and happens to all such companies. Absolutely 100% impossible to iron out all issues, especially when dealing with the internet.

>

> As for ETA, well unless they know the source and have a fix identified, it would be impossible to give one. Experience suggests it will be fixed within hours, but that is no guarantee. Such problems do not have a "this will last x amount of time".

>

> We know they are working on it and it will go quicker if everyone submits the ticket with the requested info they asked for in this thread.

> I'm sure we will all find other things to do with our time for one night in the meantime

arenanet do not make it easy to submit a ticket with the amount of information they require before you even get to list the problem,way too complex. With the amount of people submitting the same error code and problems it should be relitivly easy to identify the problem and address it.

My error code is the same as the otheres:

UE server playing from england error code:42:1000:7006:1232

i acknowledge the fact that MMO's always evolve but having played many during my years (the original gw(several years incl. expansions,WoW (more than 5 years ) i find the lack of information from arenanet to it's customerbase a little frustrating. Of course there are more important things to do in IRL but i do like to unwind after a long day just chilling.

> @"Ben Lothian.8243" said:

> For those using BT as an ISP - A quick fix is to switch off "BT Protect" via BT's webpage. However you do need to be the account holder (and remember your password!!) and it does remove a layer of protection on your internet connection.

Why do I have a mental image of a bunch of hackers smiling gleefully? :o

So, 22:50 here in the UK and GW2 is still unable to connect. :( Thankfully I got my daily stuff done for today just after midnight so I think I'll just leave it for tonight and hopefully this will be fixed tomorrow. Seems like a good excuse to go get some sleep! =)

> @"pbraintheoracle not.9071" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"pbraintheoracle not.9071" said:

> > > Thanks for the info. thats more help than arenanet have been the past few hours .so do we know how LONG this is going to be going on for (a few more hours,days,weeks etc) .i'm kinda new to this game but i believe it's been out for a while so why are they still having these problems? You'de have thought they'de have sorted it months/years ago

> >

> > Every MMO can have unforseen connection issues. DDOS attacks, sudden bugs appearing. It is the side effect of an always evolving online game and happens to all such companies. Absolutely 100% impossible to iron out all issues, especially when dealing with the internet.

> >

> > As for ETA, well unless they know the source and have a fix identified, it would be impossible to give one. Experience suggests it will be fixed within hours, but that is no guarantee. Such problems do not have a "this will last x amount of time".

> >

> > We know they are working on it and it will go quicker if everyone submits the ticket with the requested info they asked for in this thread.

> > I'm sure we will all find other things to do with our time for one night in the meantime

>

> arenanet do not make it easy to submit a ticket with the amount of information they require before you even get to list the problem,way too complex. With the amount of people submitting the same error code and problems it should be relitivly easy to identify the problem and address it.

> My error code is the same as the otheres:

> UE server playing from england error code:42:1000:7006:1232

> i acknowledge the fact that MMO's always evolve but having played many during my years (the original gw(several years incl. expansions,WoW (more than 5 years ) i find the lack of information from arenanet to it's customerbase a little frustrating. Of course there are more important things to do in IRL but i do like to unwind after a long day just chilling.

also my isp is talk talk