NPC Chromatics

Neural.1824

I came across a "Suspicious Bush" in Queensdale earlier. I investigated, and this bandit jumped out in the loudest most garishly colored outfit I've ever seen in game. Of course, being a bandit, I had to dispatch him. As my blade pierced him, he shouted "I'm dye-ing here!"

More...on topic: I like that while there are visual cues, NPC "factions" *aren't* defined visually in this game by over-use of bright colors. Bandits can be recognized by a few specific queues, but Iv'e seen some games where the devs go overboard with the colors. Where they might as well have the NPC just carry a sign that says "I'm a bandit faction member!".

I think the only exception that stands out in GW2 would be the Branded, but that really has more to do with the design of Kralk.

It's something that makes the game more immersive, I think, and is appreciated (hopefully not just by me)

> @"Neural.1824" said:

> I came across a "Suspicious Bush" in Queensdale earlier. I investigated, and this bandit jumped out in the loudest most garishly colored outfit I've ever seen in game. Of course, being a bandit, I had to dispatch him. As my blade pierced him, he shouted "I'm dye-ing here!"

>

Ok, that got a sensible chuckle from me. :)