Recipe: Giftbringer's Insignia

Ghanto.9784

Yes, the character I'm searching with is a Grandmaster Armorsmith. I see "Recipe: Ascended Inscription" for sale on the vendor (Master Armorsmith), but nothing else. And the Giftbringer's Insignia is not an option in the container if you buy that. So I'm assuming it's something sold separately...?

The wiki claims that all the Master Crafters sell it, but I notice that one of the vendors listed is that Winter's Day vendor, which leaves me with the nasty suspicion that it might be tied to that event. Even though this is nowhere explicitly stated. Apparently we're supposed to play Sherlock Holmes when looking for these things. Or maybe I'm just overlooking something. I confess to being new to this crafting stuff. ;)

That's what I was afraid of, Morgraine. Don't know why then the wiki shows all the master vendors as selling it and why no mention is made of Wintersday. For that matter, if you read the wiki entry on Wintersday, there's no mention of the inscription. I couldn't find any info anywhere, including Dulfy.net. And unfortunately I bought 20-something gold worth of ingredients to craft the insignia, because I had read on the wiki that the Master Crafters sold the recipe. Lesson learned: don't trust the wiki! Next time I'll make sure I actually have the recipe first. Thank you.

Do be aware, the Wiki is written and maintained by players, and almost exclusively so. If you find information that is no longer accurate, you can edit the article(s). Perhaps, at the time the article was created, the information was true. And, perhaps, the editor (or anyone else, save you) has yet to discover the discrepancy.

Good luck.

Yes, I'm aware that it's edited by players, but I was always under the impression, for some reason, that AN staff edited a lot of the entries there themselves. That might not be true. In any case, I do usually find most of the info there to be correct, which is why it just didn't occur to me that someone might have thrown in a whole page of vendors who are supposed to sell this recipe, without bothering, apparently, to look first to see if those vendors actually sold the item. As you say, it's possible that they might have at one point, but I'd bet money they never did. (Or maybe the Crafter vendors _do_ sell it to you after completing the Wintersday event, who knows.)

The real problem is AN not bothering themselves to include more information in the game. The Master Crafter vendors sell the individual Giftbringer armor piece recipes, so is it too much to ask that players would see a message when scrolling over those pieces that they require an insignia recipe that is only available to purchase during or after completing x-event? Apparently it is.