a bit silly question :S

Heimao.7503

hello all necros,

could someone tell me please what these skills are? the first one looks like a huge pulsating red circle emanating from a player. it seems to be one of scourge's skills, but which one? looks impressive, hurts like hell. the other one is allowing a player to leave a trail of small red circles behind. I pulled my necro from the closet and played with builds a bit - but I cannot figure these skills out. some education would be greatly appreciated.

> @"Heimao.7503" said:

> Thank you very much for your replies. That was kinda sorta my guess too, but I thought I couldnt be right as I didn't see the effects myself. So is it the same for desert shroud? I pop it on and see yellow and enemy players see pulsating red?

Yup, you will turn blackish (as per normal shroud) with flashing yellow and the enemies will see pulsating red.

> @"Heimao.7503" said:

> I find it a bit confusing actually. i always learn my tricks observing other players, and so when what i see and they see differ significantly, it kinda messes me up.

> Thank you all for your kind responses!

This actually prompts me to think why that is, why is it that scourge has a very different view of his shades compared to the opposing team? I mean I can't even see the radius of my sand shroud but that's probably just a culling issue I have on.

maybe beca some ppl complained Scourge's visual effects were overwhelming? i remember reading threads about it. maybe they changed something. my bad for never reading patch notes properly. I dont remember effects being altered at the very beginning, when the spec came live. then i decided to have a look at the new mesmer's spec and liked it so much that i forgot about my necro entirely. Anyways, thanks guys. always nice to learn something new:)