Additional Utility Menus to Help Players?

I know the devs don't want a lot of mods that aid in combat and things such as DPS meters, but perhaps there could be a few official ones in game for players to use, allowing players to not only understand what is the best for their style, but also perhaps even understand combos?

I have played Guild Wars 2 for a while now, but never really delved into the idea of combos until recently. The game has a difficult time showing you what the combos do, and how to use them, but what if we had a window that could show you combos your class can currently do

For instance, maybe when you put down a poison field as a necromancer, it would show you what abilities can be used next to finish the combo?

As for a DPS meter, it would help to know what is doing damage, and what isn't, as sometimes a skill set looks cool on paper, but when you go out on the field, you can only reach 600 damage per second (I actually did that).

I understand that Anet doesn't want to give anyone an unfair advantage through mods, but perhaps the solution could be to make official utilities that are a part of the game.