Start giving transmutation charges from raids, fractals and more

kinomori.1456

So I'm struggling to get transmutation charges, I'm constantly running out and having to do things that I generally just don't enjoy. The problem being that the only things I run are my daily metas, do all my weekly raids, and do my daily fractals. None of these things generate transmutation charges, but my question is why not?

My buddy runs WvW pretty often and has about 300 transmutation charges that he doubts he'll use in the entire time he plays GW2. WvW is cool and all, but it's not my style, not really fast paced for my liking along with not liking huge group pvp all too much. I'm sure I'm not alone in this thinking.

So why does WvW crap out charges, but nothing else really does? The only other thing I can think of is world completion, which to me just seems like a tedious grind and I have no real plans to make a legendary that requires it. I mean I'd LIKE to have more charges, not necessarily need them so much that I'm willing to go through that long grind.

What is the harm in adding a transmutation charge chance from killing a boss alongside your random exotic, and whatnot? What about a random chance to get one out of the blue fractal boxes that need a key? Or out of the daily fractals chests? How about a random chance out of the map chest things, like the chests after AB, or the pods in dragon stand, or the things that require chak acid? I've not done much other content like dungeons and whatnot, so not sure what to suggest for content like that. The chance for any of these don't have to be high, just a small one, enough that someone can get them about the same rate as someone doing all their pips in WvW.

This game really does seem like it lets you do whatever you want and not be required to worry about much else, you can do only your weekly raids, you can do just daily fractals, you can wvw, or pvp... All of these things are self-sustaining, but it's small stuff like this that makes it seem like you're forced to do other content for very minor things.

Sorry if this seemed more like a demand and not just a suggestion.

> @"borgs.6103" said:

> Convert your PvE-earned gold to gems and then buy transmutation charges.

> PvP/WvW "crap out" transmutation charges because there's no other way to get them on those modes. In PvE, as you have said, has map completion for them.

Lumping together world completion with raids and fractals is not a fair comparison. Raiders don't like world completion as much as WvWers don't like world completion.

> @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> They are in the gem store if u need them :bleep_bloop:

> I have 1k charges and I don't even do much wvw or pvp nowadays.

>

>

165 gold for 25 charges? Doesn't really seem fair considering WvW can get 25 for a couple hours of work. Like I said, I don't NEED transmutation charges, I'm throwing out ideas that would even out what kind of items you can get depending on what kind of content you prefer to play. Is it not a bit weird that transmutation charges is easily obtainable just from doing WvW, while like the other guy said, as a PvE player if I want them, I have to do something that has nothing to do with the content that I usually do.

I don't get the point of it in WvW, but in PvP it is extremely important to give players tonnes of transmutation charges. What you have to understand is that fashion wars is just as much a part of PvP as actually playing PvP. That's because queuing for PvP matches takes time, you can't swap characters or leave the instance, and you don't really have anything else to do while you wait.

I get that it's important to everyone, but it's just more important to dedicated PvP'rs.

I wish we could sell them on the TP. I keep seeing these stories about people who can't get enough which is totally baffling to me. I've got over 600 atm, and I gain them at such a vastly higher rate than I use them that I will never use them up. Thus, there's an unnecessary market imbalance between the have's and have not's which is artificially imposed because ANet has opted to not allow them to be traded.

As for getting more, I get a lot of them (way too many!) from doing reward tracks in PvP and WvW advanced via ez PvP/WvW dailies such as PvP rank, PvP reward, PvP kills, WvW Monument, WvW big spender, WvW land claimer, WvW caravan, WvW camps, WvW guards. I'm a PvE player, but it just takes a few minutes each day for doing whichever of those are the current dailies.

I don't think this is necessary. I think it is good that certain content has certain rewards. It encourages you to branch out and try it (you might just like it). If that isn't acceptable you can always just create new characters, map complete the fast cities such as the grove, then delete them and repeat.

Or just do what I do, buy transmutation charges because Anet is a pretty solid company nowadays and you wish to support them financially.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> Do wvw or PvP .. I go there to get free boxes that gives charge.. Trust me.. I spend those charges more than anyone here... But I don't need to purchase it bcos I have been stocking it up from wvw and hv a lot if skirmish chests stocking up in bank

This. Spvp (unrated if just farming charges pls) and wvw. You’ll have 100s of free charges in no time.