New Forum Avatars

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all artists. I've just gone over all of them, and they are absolutely gorgeous. I'm in absolute awe. So many iconic symbols from the franchise. From the well known Apple in the Paw over big Characters to our beloved God-Emperor Palawa Joko. Praise be to him for bestowing such talent among our community.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"isvoc.3065" said:

> > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > Also there are like... three dragons on the 4th row from the bottom, who's the one that has more of a beard?

>

> I made that one! :)

> It's Glint, based on her GW1 model.

>

OHhhhhh! Of course it is. I really adore that one. Thanks for participating in the project, Isvoc. I'm a fan of you. :)

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"isvoc.3065" said:

> > > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > > Also there are like... three dragons on the 4th row from the bottom, who's the one that has more of a beard?

> >

> > I made that one! :)

> > It's Glint, based on her GW1 model.

> >

> OHhhhhh! Of course it is. I really adore that one. Thanks for participating in the project, Isvoc. I'm a fan of you. :)

>

>

You are too kind! <3 Thank you so much! It was a lot of fun!

I wonder if all of the avatars featuring a playable race represent NPCs in the game.

I believe Casondra Logan's pieces obviously depict Countess Anise and Livia.

Kedemel's pieces are Magister Sieran and Lord Faren.

Kinixuki's pieces are pretty obviously Malyck and Palawa Joko.

Landylachs' gorgeous pieces are, I think, Riannoc, Malomedies and Cadeyrn.

Sarianne's given us renditions of the Avatar of the Tree and Laranthir of the Wild.

Sayerra's got Almorra Soulkeeper and a Branded member of her former warband (sad).

Shuuzar has Trahearne and... I actually don't know who the spiky sylvari is.

Tealful Eyes has a giggle-worthy and very accurate rendition of Warmaster Efut.

I can't figure out who either of Idaida's pieces are, nor who Shuuzar's second piece or either of Zellk's pieces are supposed to represent, if anyone. Does anyone recognize 'em?

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > Awesome!

> > <-------------------------- Question tho? What is this thing?

> >

> > It looks pretty neat so I'll use it. Looks kinda like a Charr, but also kinda like a dragon? Is it someone we're supposed to know, it's kinda familiar but I just can't pin it.

> > Not partiality fond of Charr but it's cool enough so meh.

> >

> > Also there are like... three dragons on the 4th row from the bottom, who's the one that has more of a beard?

> >

> > Suggestion for avatar system: tab over tooltip thingy and include a name, so I can just wiki any I don't know and be like "oh yeah! cool."

>

> Branded Charr would be my guess.

>

Bloodstone-crazed Aurene?

Avatars are fabulous! I'm not tired of this lovely Zojja yet, though the new Skritt tempted me...

Damn, stop playing GW2 for a year to pursue career in art and come back to this gem!

This might be a silly question but is there a way to join the Creative Partners program as an independent? Or do you have to be part of a larger community?

P.S., - The Mursaat avatar is sick :) Reminds me of Naomi Baker's mursaat for PoF

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> Nice to see the collection growing, and they're all outstanding! However, I'm a bit disappointed to not see any new, obviously female asura. (I think I see one with blue bows, but the face is...hmm).

One is obviously Warmaster Efut... But maybe doesn't mean she is obviously a female asura.

Oh this set also has Larnthir and Almorra. So all of the important vigil characters now have an avatar? Nice...

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > kitten Anet, why you guys are so racist towards Norns lol? Only Norn avatar is Eir and Braham, we need a few more

>

>

> Yes. Forgal Kernsson please! He’s the Norniest of Norns.

Who?

> @"PseudoNewb.5468" said:

> > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > Nice to see the collection growing, and they're all outstanding! However, I'm a bit disappointed to not see any new, obviously female asura. (I think I see one with blue bows, but the face is...hmm).

>

> One is obviously Warmaster Efut... But maybe doesn't mean she is obviously a female asura.

>

> Oh this set also has Larnthir and Almorra. So all of the important vigil characters now have an avatar? Nice...

>

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > kitten Anet, why you guys are so racist towards Norns lol? Only Norn avatar is Eir and Braham, we need a few more

> >

> >

> > Yes. Forgal Kernsson please! He’s the Norniest of Norns.

>

> Who?

lol you just said about all the important vigils characters having avatars, but you are missing THE most important of all, your mentor Forgal...but he is a Norn, and I guess Anet dosent like norns or something...