Cant get higher than 19k dps pls help

Hello I am a SB and I want to make my dps higher but I don't know where to start so would you guys help me?

Build -

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condition_Stance_Share (Changed Lotp to OS and vulture stance to Flame trap)

Benchmark -

(Super bad quality i get around 19.6k damage)

Benchmark I want -

What can I do? (I know my rotations are bad)

their are 5 things which jump out immediately

- Use food

- Stand behind the golem

- Start with you're pet in beastmode

- the part in dagger torch should start with 5-2-4 not 5-4-2

-In general you're rotation isn't really fluid (things are going a little slower then they should)

Hope it helps

> @"yann.1946" said:

> their are 5 things which jump out immediately

>

> - Use food

> - Stand behind the golem

> - Start with you're pet in beastmode

> - the part in dagger torch should start with 5-2-4 not 5-4-2

> -In general you're rotation isn't really fluid (things are going a little slower then they should)

>

> Hope it helps

So the food thing ty

I though I was

MB i will retry

Didn't know that ty

How do I become more fluid?

Reviewed your rotation to pick out some finer things.

Youre breaking your auto attack chain in dagger which is a pretty big dps loss. Your 4th hit does a ton of damage.

When you're swapping to dagger, you're not using your torch skills and dagger 2 fast enough. You can see this in your video because your character slips in an auto or 2 in between and prior to 5-2-4.

When in short bow, you should be getting three poison volleys off before swapping. A few times you swapped off short bow just as poison volley came up.

> @"Shikaru.7618" said:

> Reviewed your rotation to pick out some finer things.

>

> Youre breaking your auto attack chain in dagger which is a pretty big dps loss. Your 4th hit does a ton of damage.

>

> When you're swapping to dagger, you're not using your torch skills and dagger 2 fast enough. You can see this in your video because your character slips in an auto or 2 in between and prior to 5-2-4.

>

> When in short bow, you should be getting three poison volleys off before swapping. A few times you swapped off short bow just as poison volley came up.

Okay thanks Ill fix that up!

> @"atomic wolf.4701" said:

> Also got a better quality benchmark here -

>

You're using an exotic weapon aswell.

Ascended weapons don't just have higher stats on them, they have higher flat damage aswell, so the weapons are a big DPS increase compared to the armour and trinkets.

Remember some of these benchmarks, people are also using stat infusions with damage modifiers aswell, so you'll never achieve their rotations without those infusions. Sometimes you have rotations where stowing weapons increases dps as well, this is difficult to see in a video.

> @"Itz Jay.8941" said:

> > @"atomic wolf.4701" said:

> > Also got a better quality benchmark here -

> >

>

> You're using an exotic weapon aswell.

>

> Ascended weapons don't just have higher stats on them, they have higher flat damage aswell, so the weapons are a big DPS increase compared to the armour and trinkets.

>

> Remember some of these benchmarks, people are also using stat infusions with damage modifiers aswell, so you'll never achieve their rotations without those infusions. Sometimes you have rotations where stowing weapons increases dps as well, this is difficult to see in a video.

>

I no but trying to get better anyway possible and I am currently gunning for a ascended short bow

> @"RaidsAreEasyAF.8652" said:

> Get rid of the Glyph in your buff bar and add Pinpoint instead.

> If you want to reach the LN benchmark you should also precast SB4 and Sharpening Stones like they did.

> Out of curiosity, why did you change some of the utility skills?

What is it under?

Sb4?

Because they did

> > @"RaidsAreEasyAF.8652" said:

> > Get rid of the Glyph in your buff bar and add Pinpoint instead.

> > If you want to reach the LN benchmark you should also precast SB4 and Sharpening Stones like they did.

> > Out of curiosity, why did you change some of the utility skills?

>

> What is it under?

> Sb4?

> Because they did

Pinpoint is a Class Specific Buff available for engineers. It gives 150 Condition Damage to its party.

SB4 = Shortbow 4

Firstly, the way you're asking for help is perfect, I really appreciate you taking the time to record yourself because it makes it super easy to get feedback and give good advice. Double thumbs up from the entire raiding community.

Here are my pointers:

1. Like the others have said always do torch 5, then dagger 2 then torch 4. This is super important to get it right, let me explain why on the next point.

2. Don't weapon swap right away, do you see on your first d/t swap how dagger 2 and torch 4 are almost off cd. If you do 5 > 2 > 4 that way you will have it up sooner. It's also important because alacrity isn't as strong anymore, and if you don't get it off and you weapon swap off cd, there is a very good chance that bonfire will still be on cd when you swap back to dagger. Then you're forced to used dagger 2 or totally waste quickdraw.

3. Use vulture stance not flame trap, flame trap is still worse dps even if you're using oppressive superiority.

4. Start in beast mode, the pets burst dps is less than the additional damage from deadly on sharpening stone. Never leave beast mode lol.

5. Practice and practice and practice. Use food and the right buffs and debuffs, perfect practice makes perfect.

Man I want to see your cajones some day, they must be big if you are willing to make this thread. Anyhow, stuff that I notice:

1: if you are serious about getting top tier benchmarks, get the gear (infusions, quality)

2: disable auto attack for your skills: they are delaying your skill deployment by .2-.5 seconds, which is causing you to miss out on key skills

3: I am not sure if you have to deal with it, but if you have any atrocious aftercasts, get somebody to tell you how to cancel them

4: Shortbow 2, Dagger 2, Torch 4. You will want to get three casts of dagger 2 and two casts of torch 4 per d/t part of the rotation. Similarly you will want three casts of shortbow 2 per shb part of the rotation.

5: Use the engineer Pinpoint Distribution trait.

6: Apply 25 vulnerability and whatever other conditions are beneficial to add to your class/benchmark.

7: Just remember that it is better to have good dps on the boss and bad dps benchmark than it is bad dps on the boss and good dps benchmark.

happy hunting.

> @"miracleHat.2435" said:

> Man I want to see your cajones some day, they must be big if you are willing to make this thread. Anyhow, stuff that I notice:

> 1: if you are serious about getting top tier benchmarks, get the gear (infusions, quality)

> 2: disable auto attack for your skills: they are delaying your skill deployment by .2-.5 seconds, which is causing you to miss out on key skills

> 3: I am not sure if you have to deal with it, but if you have any atrocious aftercasts, get somebody to tell you how to cancel them

> 4: Shortbow 2, Dagger 2, Torch 4. You will want to get three casts of dagger 2 and two casts of torch 4 per d/t part of the rotation. Similarly you will want three casts of shortbow 2 per shb part of the rotation.

> 5: Use the engineer Pinpoint Distribution trait.

> 6: Apply 25 vulnerability and whatever other conditions are beneficial to add to your class/benchmark.

> 7: Just remember that it is better to have good dps on the boss and bad dps benchmark than it is bad dps on the boss and good dps benchmark.

>

> happy hunting.

1. Working on infusions and now I only have Short Bow left to get ascended

2. Okie will try that ty

3. Thats going to be hard

4. okie

5. Will do

6. Yup

7. Yeah I seem to be bad at actualy bosses and bad at benchmark ;-;

Also "Man I want to see your cajones some day, they must be big if you are willing to make this thread. Anyhow" what do you mean by this?

> > @"miracleHat.2435" said:

> > Man I want to see your cajones some day, they must be big if you are willing to make this thread. Anyhow, stuff that I notice:

> > 1: if you are serious about getting top tier benchmarks, get the gear (infusions, quality)

> > 2: disable auto attack for your skills: they are delaying your skill deployment by .2-.5 seconds, which is causing you to miss out on key skills

> > 3: I am not sure if you have to deal with it, but if you have any atrocious aftercasts, get somebody to tell you how to cancel them

> > 4: Shortbow 2, Dagger 2, Torch 4. You will want to get three casts of dagger 2 and two casts of torch 4 per d/t part of the rotation. Similarly you will want three casts of shortbow 2 per shb part of the rotation.

> > 5: Use the engineer Pinpoint Distribution trait.

> > 6: Apply 25 vulnerability and whatever other conditions are beneficial to add to your class/benchmark.

> > 7: Just remember that it is better to have good dps on the boss and bad dps benchmark than it is bad dps on the boss and good dps benchmark.

> >

> > happy hunting.

>

> 1. Working on infusions and now I only have Short Bow left to get ascended

> 2. Okie will try that ty

> 3. Thats going to be hard

> 4. okie

> 5. Will do

> 6. Yup

> 7. Yeah I seem to be bad at actualy bosses and bad at benchmark ;-;

>

> Also "**Man I want to see your cajones some day, they must be big if you are willing to make this thread. Anyhow**" what do you mean by this?

he means you must have balls of steel

golem dps is nice to learn rotation.

but boss dps is whats importan

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > @"atomic wolf.4701" said:

> > > @"miracleHat.2435" said:

> > > Man I want to see your cajones some day, they must be big if you are willing to make this thread. Anyhow, stuff that I notice:

> > > 1: if you are serious about getting top tier benchmarks, get the gear (infusions, quality)

> > > 2: disable auto attack for your skills: they are delaying your skill deployment by .2-.5 seconds, which is causing you to miss out on key skills

> > > 3: I am not sure if you have to deal with it, but if you have any atrocious aftercasts, get somebody to tell you how to cancel them

> > > 4: Shortbow 2, Dagger 2, Torch 4. You will want to get three casts of dagger 2 and two casts of torch 4 per d/t part of the rotation. Similarly you will want three casts of shortbow 2 per shb part of the rotation.

> > > 5: Use the engineer Pinpoint Distribution trait.

> > > 6: Apply 25 vulnerability and whatever other conditions are beneficial to add to your class/benchmark.

> > > 7: Just remember that it is better to have good dps on the boss and bad dps benchmark than it is bad dps on the boss and good dps benchmark.

> > >

> > > happy hunting.

> >

> > 1. Working on infusions and now I only have Short Bow left to get ascended

> > 2. Okie will try that ty

> > 3. Thats going to be hard

> > 4. okie

> > 5. Will do

> > 6. Yup

> > 7. Yeah I seem to be bad at actualy bosses and bad at benchmark ;-;

> >

> > Also "**Man I want to see your cajones some day, they must be big if you are willing to make this thread. Anyhow**" what do you mean by this?

> he means you must have balls of steel

>

> golem dps is nice to learn rotation.

>

> but boss dps is whats importan

>

>

Ah okie