Superior Sigil of Severance for Power Chronomancer (PvE)

Refia Montes.3205

Hi all! I just noticed that with the new Phantasmal Defender with Chronophantasma and Improved Alacrity we may be able to upkeep Severance's effect over a good amount of time. As for Phantasm builds for Mesmers, as before Phantasms don't get % modifiers, they do however get base stats. I have a feeling that going with more Berserker pieces and replacing Accuracy Sigil with Severance it might be a better option overall. Anyone can try it out?

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> Hi all! I just noticed that with the new Phantasmal Defender with Chronophantasma and Improved Alacrity we may be able to upkeep Severance's effect over a good amount of time. As for Phantasm builds for Mesmers, as before Phantasms don't get % modifiers, they do however get base stats. I have a feeling that going with more Berserker pieces and replacing Accuracy Sigil with Severance it might be a better option overall. Anyone can try it out?

Sadly the interrupt source is the phantasm and therefore the sigil on your weapon does not activate from it.

=(

> @"spiritualabyss.7016" said:

> > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > Hi all! I just noticed that with the new Phantasmal Defender with Chronophantasma and Improved Alacrity we may be able to upkeep Severance's effect over a good amount of time. As for Phantasm builds for Mesmers, as before Phantasms don't get % modifiers, they do however get base stats. I have a feeling that going with more Berserker pieces and replacing Accuracy Sigil with Severance it might be a better option overall. Anyone can try it out?

>

> Sadly the interrupt source is the phantasm and therefore the sigil on your weapon does not activate from it.

> =(

Haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure they fixed Illusion/interrupt interaction patches ago. It was a big part of my Power Block Infinite Horizon PvP build.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> There's next to zero chance you'll be able to interrupt an enemy anywhere close to every 4 seconds. The sigil is absolute garbage for PvE.

Defender interrupts 2 times spread between 4.5 seconds (due to Chronophantasma and 3 second taunt), 4 times with SoE, 6-8 times with CS, Diversion helps out, Gravity Well helps out. With IA these skills are on a really low cooldown, with Defender at 24 seconds, Diversion at 20 seconds, Gravity Well at 48 seconds. Though you can't time the second d Defender from Chronophantasma.

> > @"spiritualabyss.7016" said:

> > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > Hi all! I just noticed that with the new Phantasmal Defender with Chronophantasma and Improved Alacrity we may be able to upkeep Severance's effect over a good amount of time. As for Phantasm builds for Mesmers, as before Phantasms don't get % modifiers, they do however get base stats. I have a feeling that going with more Berserker pieces and replacing Accuracy Sigil with Severance it might be a better option overall. Anyone can try it out?

> >

> > Sadly the interrupt source is the phantasm and therefore the sigil on your weapon does not activate from it.

> > =(

>

> Haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure they fixed Illusion/interrupt interaction patches ago. It was a big part of my Power Block Infinite Horizon PvP build.

>

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > There's next to zero chance you'll be able to interrupt an enemy anywhere close to every 4 seconds. The sigil is absolute garbage for PvE.

>

> Defender interrupts 2 times spread between 4.5 seconds (due to Chronophantasma and 3 second taunt), 4 times with SoE, 6-8 times with CS, Diversion helps out, Gravity Well helps out. With IA these skills are on a really low cooldown, with Defender at 24 seconds, Diversion at 20 seconds, Gravity Well at 48 seconds. Though you can't time the second d Defender from Chronophantasma.

Illusions will not proc sigils or rune bonuses nor do they receive bonuses from something like sigil of Accuracy. Just like they don’t receive any bonus from our condition duration if they use taunt. I’d have to try and find the dev post but one recently responded to why the taunt on defender was only one second long even though the player had enough condi Duration to extend it. The reason being is the taunt is initiated by the phantasm. It goes to reason that if they don’t benefit from that then they won’t benefit from sigils.

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > @"spiritualabyss.7016" said:

> > > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > Hi all! I just noticed that with the new Phantasmal Defender with Chronophantasma and Improved Alacrity we may be able to upkeep Severance's effect over a good amount of time. As for Phantasm builds for Mesmers, as before Phantasms don't get % modifiers, they do however get base stats. I have a feeling that going with more Berserker pieces and replacing Accuracy Sigil with Severance it might be a better option overall. Anyone can try it out?

> > >

> > > Sadly the interrupt source is the phantasm and therefore the sigil on your weapon does not activate from it.

> > > =(

> >

> > Haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure they fixed Illusion/interrupt interaction patches ago. It was a big part of my Power Block Infinite Horizon PvP build.

> >

> > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > There's next to zero chance you'll be able to interrupt an enemy anywhere close to every 4 seconds. The sigil is absolute garbage for PvE.

> >

> > Defender interrupts 2 times spread between 4.5 seconds (due to Chronophantasma and 3 second taunt), 4 times with SoE, 6-8 times with CS, Diversion helps out, Gravity Well helps out. With IA these skills are on a really low cooldown, with Defender at 24 seconds, Diversion at 20 seconds, Gravity Well at 48 seconds. Though you can't time the second d Defender from Chronophantasma.

>

> Illusions will not proc sigils or rune bonuses nor do they receive bonuses from something like sigil of Accuracy. Just like they don’t receive any bonus from our condition duration if they use taunt. I’d have to try and find the dev post but one recently responded to why the taunt on defender was only one second long even though the player had enough condi Duration to extend it. The reason being is the taunt is initiated by the phantasm. It goes to reason that if they don’t benefit from that then they won’t benefit from sigils.

You are mistaken here. Phantasms don't benefit from most bonuses, but they do benefit from raw stat increases since they take your own stat in consideration for their damage. On this note, Bloodlust and Severance would increase your Phantasms damage since they increase your Power, Precision and Ferocity respectively, unlike Accuracy and Force Sigil which increases your damage through derived stats.

Condi Duration/Expertise is a different case, it is a bit confusing, but they do affect Phantasms as well. Duelists' bleeding are extended with Expertise and condi duration. The reason the taunt isn't affected is because how the game is coded.

> > @"spiritualabyss.7016" said:

> > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > Hi all! I just noticed that with the new Phantasmal Defender with Chronophantasma and Improved Alacrity we may be able to upkeep Severance's effect over a good amount of time. As for Phantasm builds for Mesmers, as before Phantasms don't get % modifiers, they do however get base stats. I have a feeling that going with more Berserker pieces and replacing Accuracy Sigil with Severance it might be a better option overall. Anyone can try it out?

> >

> > Sadly the interrupt source is the phantasm and therefore the sigil on your weapon does not activate from it.

> > =(

>

> Haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure they fixed Illusion/interrupt interaction patches ago. It was a big part of my Power Block Infinite Horizon PvP build.

>

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > There's next to zero chance you'll be able to interrupt an enemy anywhere close to every 4 seconds. The sigil is absolute garbage for PvE.

>

> Defender interrupts 2 times spread between 4.5 seconds (due to Chronophantasma and 3 second taunt), 4 times with SoE, 6-8 times with CS, Diversion helps out, Gravity Well helps out. With IA these skills are on a really low cooldown, with Defender at 24 seconds, Diversion at 20 seconds, Gravity Well at 48 seconds. Though you can't time the second d Defender from Chronophantasma.

Clarification: Defender **taunts** 2 times spread between 4.5 seconds. It's exceedingly unlikely that it will actually **interrupt**.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > @"spiritualabyss.7016" said:

> > > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > Hi all! I just noticed that with the new Phantasmal Defender with Chronophantasma and Improved Alacrity we may be able to upkeep Severance's effect over a good amount of time. As for Phantasm builds for Mesmers, as before Phantasms don't get % modifiers, they do however get base stats. I have a feeling that going with more Berserker pieces and replacing Accuracy Sigil with Severance it might be a better option overall. Anyone can try it out?

> > >

> > > Sadly the interrupt source is the phantasm and therefore the sigil on your weapon does not activate from it.

> > > =(

> >

> > Haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure they fixed Illusion/interrupt interaction patches ago. It was a big part of my Power Block Infinite Horizon PvP build.

> >

> > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > There's next to zero chance you'll be able to interrupt an enemy anywhere close to every 4 seconds. The sigil is absolute garbage for PvE.

> >

> > Defender interrupts 2 times spread between 4.5 seconds (due to Chronophantasma and 3 second taunt), 4 times with SoE, 6-8 times with CS, Diversion helps out, Gravity Well helps out. With IA these skills are on a really low cooldown, with Defender at 24 seconds, Diversion at 20 seconds, Gravity Well at 48 seconds. Though you can't time the second d Defender from Chronophantasma.

>

> Clarification: Defender **taunts** 2 times spread between 4.5 seconds. It's exceedingly unlikely that it will actually **interrupt**.

yeah that's why I actually noted that you can't actually time the second Defender to interrupt. The second one from it is interrupt rng. But in the end it wouldn't work... just tested it with mobs that are interruptable.