Arenanet; I was just thinking.... And thank you.

I was just now thinking of how awesome it would be to play my piano along side playing some of my favorite Path of Fire music and then I remembered that I lost my only piano when Hurricane Harvey tore through my city; Houston. It's been 6 months since the hurricane came and left us with extensive damage and there are still times I say to myself "I'm going to go jam out on my piano!" then it takes me a few minutes to remember.. I don't have one anymore.

It sucks so bad. But the music of the GW2 composers is truly an inspiration to me and so far Path of Fire has given me a ton of new favorite tracks to add onto some of my already favorite pieces of Guild Wars 2. Being an original GW2 Ultimate Edition buyer with the ginormous Rytlock statue, I even went all out and bought the original GW2 soundtrack and it arrived being signed by Jeremy Soule! I still remember the day I went to pick up my Ultimate Edition of GW2 at a game stop down from where I worked. Me thinking it was just a standard sized box with a tiny statue, I was not prepared for the looks on the game stop employees faces when they looked at me, my bag, and then to each other with one of them saying, "Go get the box." Then he asked me "Is someone outside waiting for you? Or do you have someone who can help you?" I was soooo puzzled and I replied that I had just worked down the street on the other side of the freeway. "It has it's own shipping box" the employee replied and then out came the brown shipping box with my Guild Wars 2 Ultimate Edition inside snug as a bug in a rug. I was shocked!

A few Christmas's ago I even got a Christmas card from you guys! I still have it because it was so cool to know that the team appreciates their players. Arenanet and the whole Guild Wars squad have never failed me yet. You have a great support and Dev team and It's always made me feel like I was actually a part of the team.

After Harvey hit, this game was there for me to relieve post-storm stress. I couldn't afford to pay for the subscription based games I played and with Path of Fire to be released a month later I had something to look forward to amid the destruction of so much in my life. I was staying with my Uncle; as repairs were ongoing, the day Path of Fire came out and I spent so much time getting all the mounts and leveling them before I even did much of the story! But when I did get into the story I fell in love. I loved the desert themed flare to everything, I loved it so much. I waited in anticipation for the soundtrack to be released, every day I checked the main website for a release and once it was I bought it as soon as I could.

While we're still struggling to pay for costs our insurance won't cover and while I may not get a new piano in the near future, I can always count on GW2 to be there, waiting for me to dive in and do something different everyday.

Thank you Arenanet. And Thank you Guild Wars 2!

This Forums really needed honest positivity and gratitude for Anet, ...and for you.

It takes a real Spirit to find courage and positive thinking in times like the ones you are going through, which I can't even Imagine.

I truly hope and wish only the best for you.

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> This Forums really needed honest positivity and gratitude for Anet, ...and for you.

> It takes a real Spirit to find courage and positive thinking in times like the ones you are going through, which I can't even Imagine.

>

> I truly hope and wish only the best for you.

There really is too much negativity on the forums towards Anet, and I've seen even more from long time players or returning players who haven't even given the game a chance since they returned. Admittedly I did take about a 3 year hiatus and came back a year before the storm, I was excited to jump into Heart of Thorns and finally finish the Zhaitan fight which was a very fun fight!

I get excited with every announcement they make that pertains to the game and it's future and I only wish other games could instill this type of excitement in their players. Arenanet has absolutely, hands down, the best developers and customer service I have ever experienced in any game I've ever played.

Thank you for the well wishes. I believe I'm not the only one playing this game who suffered through last years chaotic and devastating Hurricane Season and I'd like to extend the hope that everyone is able to fully recover as soon as possible.