That Belongs in a Museum collection????

This is getting old. I don't mind the collections for achievements, but so many are just not able to be sold even to the vendor while others you can. Why on earth only some collections are able to be sold but not others? Makes no sense to be so haphazard about these collections items. I really would like to know why.

Would someone from Anet pop in here and explain this disparity?

:/

> @"Neutra.6857" said:

> Since the collection is stuff that belongs in a museum, maybe they can add an npc to the priory so you can turn these into them for a small gold cost or karma or whatever.

It would be cool if this was implemented, and stuff you gave them actually appeared in the priory instance, so you could still interact with them or see them again.

I have a real hard time w/ collections. One of the ways they where presented was as a treasure hunt. That sounds fun....hmmm - not. IMO they are nothing more than "Kill Ten Rats" on steroids. Go grind out a Boss that appears during a bugged event; kill it 40 times and RNG decides you still don't get the drop. Nope not doing collections any more.

> @"Neutra.6857" said:

> Since the collection is stuff that belongs in a museum, maybe they can add an npc to the priory so you can turn these into them for a small gold cost or karma or whatever.

So what, they're locked in inventory until you pay an NPC to take them off your hands? That would be kinda funny. :)

> @"CedarDog.9723" said:

> > @"Neutra.6857" said:

> > Since the collection is stuff that belongs in a museum, maybe they can add an npc to the priory so you can turn these into them for a small gold cost or karma or whatever.

>

> So what, they're locked in inventory until you pay an NPC to take them off your hands? That would be kinda funny. :)

I can see how you would read it that way, but not what I meant. I meant the NPC would pay you for the stuff that belongs in a museum. That would be kinda funny though where you have to pay them to get rid of it.