/GG in fractals needs to be nerfed

> @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> I didn't read this whole thread, but I will say we are considering removing cooldown reset from GG, and instead moving it to mistlock singularities, as /gg after every encounter/trash fight to reset is not what we had in mind with that feature. This would involve doing a pass on all the mistlock singularities to make sure they aren't in boss fights, as well as adding a fail safe buff that prevents you from resetting cooldowns in combat.

>

> If you grabbed a mistlock singularity in combat you would probably get a buff, with which your cooldowns will be reset the next time you exit combat.

Sounds good, thanks for the communication.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> I didn't read this whole thread, but I will say we are considering removing cooldown reset from GG, and instead moving it to mistlock singularities, as /gg after every encounter/trash fight to reset is not what we had in mind with that feature. This would involve doing a pass on all the mistlock singularities to make sure they aren't in boss fights, as well as adding a fail safe buff that prevents you from resetting cooldowns in combat.

>

> If you grabbed a mistlock singularity in combat you would probably get a buff, with which your cooldowns will be reset the next time you exit combat.

Please don't do this. I speak as someone who loves Fractals (Fractal God), lately almost exclusively as Chrono, and would like to say /gg is one of the best additions ever. Underground Facility, immediately after finishing the panel commune, is one common place for /gg, especially since many unusual skills with high cooldowns could be used to protect the interactor.

The /gg strat literally saves waiting around. Teams will do this even if they're voiding their chance at a Mistlock singularity, just to avoid waiting 90 seconds or 180 seconds, etc. for chrono or warrior giant cooldowns.

>

Sounds terrible. As always.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> Why always think about removing something...

>

> Why not add a reward when your team makes it through a fractal without anyone dying?

That is a really cool idea, getting a title or something cosmetic to prove you achieved something like 99cm or 100cm would be a nice goal for some people who have achieved clears on them already.

> @"icy.9250" said:

> > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > I didn't read this whole thread, but I will say we are considering removing cooldown reset from GG, and instead moving it to mistlock singularities, as /gg after every encounter/trash fight to reset is not what we had in mind with that feature. This would involve doing a pass on all the mistlock singularities to make sure they aren't in boss fights, as well as adding a fail safe buff that prevents you from resetting cooldowns in combat.

> >

> > If you grabbed a mistlock singularity in combat you would probably get a buff, with which your cooldowns will be reset the next time you exit combat.

>

> Please don't do this. I speak as someone who loves Fractals (Fractal God), lately almost exclusively as Chrono, and would like to say /gg is one of the best additions ever. Underground Facility, immediately after finishing the panel commune, is one common place for /gg, especially since many unusual skills with high cooldowns could be used to protect the interactor.

>

> The /gg strat literally saves waiting around. Teams will do this even if they're voiding their chance at a Mistlock singularity, just to avoid waiting 90 seconds or 180 seconds, etc. for chrono or warrior giant cooldowns.

Sounds good to me if people need to plan ahead their skills and cooldowns instead. If they cannot do that they need to spend the time penalty of waiting

Um... Maybe you should focus on adding skip button to that Samarog cinematic? /gg is good as it is, moving it's most useful aspect to mistlock won't do much since there are checkpoints next to them most of the time. And if it was to be pulled out of fractals... Well, that would create quite an uproar among people who are good enough to run high level fractals. And then we would just wait 40 seconds or so for that moa for mesmer.

For me this whole argument sounds like:

"I want for some reason to get players who only do cm's +t4 daily to get punished" (since those are the ones who profit most from the way it works right now)

Also where is there such a hard /gg "abuse". Pretty much the only level where you rly have multiple /gg is 99 cm?

Other than there you prob have 1 /gg or so per level where you mostly use it to reduce waiting time before you start a certain boss.

>

Thanks Arnold, if it could be done in a way that can benefit everyone that would be great.

I cant stand the /gg abuse and just how runs turn out to be a /gg fest. Yes, I understand that people want to do fractals quickly, but if the mistlock singularity would reset all skills and cool downs then most likely it could work.

>

Well, if you still can pick up singularity when everyone gg (even when already used) its basicaly the same. You finish fight, and either you contnue to next singularity (that is before boss) or you gg and pick up the one you already used for this one. If you cannot pick the one you already used it sucks because, as someone said, chrono wouldnt be able to swap spells for skiping. I think gg in fractals are like a featuer. Beginers dont need it but for those that played fractals many times and enjoy efficency it is great to give them options of creative skips. When you take away gg you cannot customize for next encounter.

For example volcanic fractal. Singularity is on the island before last boss and once you jump there you will get burning so you cannot swap spells. For this boss i want to swap to feedback and timewarp from moa and well of action. That means i either cannot use moa for second boss (if not in cs at the start) or when i use it and i didnt have cs at that time or i simply fail the cs i will have to w8 for minute on the bridge to swap my moa.

Also in reactor you want blink and mimic for cooling chamber but for final boss (or subject 6 ) you want wells. If i can gg and pick the middlle singularity again (like i can now) there is no change whatsoever. If i cant then i will be w8ing for half a minute to swap.

So either this change doesnt rly matter or it destroys diference between player that just folow build he found on some website and player who is swaping spells and traits for every encounter.

I think you dont want to drive away players that are playing fractals each day to please players that jump in there once a month. If there is someone who plays fractals every day and hate /gg i apologise for generlising but i think they are minority.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Remove /gg from raids aswell.

the /gg in raids works as expected: ie: it only resets cooldowns when an actual boss was started.

Ofcourse if they make it like this in fractals too, people will still abuse it the same way by starting the encounter and then gg'ing, so I don't see a need to change it.

It *is* definitely a significant power creep in cases where rapidly switching cooldowns is important. I also don't think it should really apply to things like the white mantle portal device.

Since generally every "boss" has a mistlock, moving the cooldown reset to the instability isn't that big a change.

> @"Serena Sedai.3064" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > Remove /gg from raids aswell.

>

> the /gg in raids works as expected: ie: it only resets cooldowns when an actual boss was started.

>

> Ofcourse if they make it like this in fractals too, people will still abuse it the same way by starting the encounter and then gg'ing, so I don't see a need to change it.

Exactly my point. Whatever they do, people are going to use it to reset cooldowns. Why making things tedious on purpose? Is it new approach from Anet? Tedious Wars 2?

Or are they going to sell fractal skill reset via gemstore?

> @"Minale.2963" said:

> As someone who runs fractals on a daily basis with a static group, including challenge modes, I honestly don't really like that idea. Our chronomancer swaps skills for almost every part of every fractal, usually changing things like blink, mimic and portal to wells for quickness and alacrity. Removing /gg will result in either a) us waiting until her skills are off cooldown or b) her going back to using one static build for all fractals, without using the variety of possibilities a class like mesmer can offer.

I'm fully with you on this one, but it looks like a handful of players have a problem when a majority of players do things that are efficient, so of course it will be nerfed. Let's not mention the unspeakable other things we do to save time...

Please no. This idea is just terrible.

Put this into the hand of the player base and change it so that people can reset their own cooldowns via gg and not be dependent on the others like we had some months ago for 1-2 weeks (or couple of days).

People will skip some parts anyways (like beginning of Chaos or at the end of Uncat) even though they won't reset their cooldowns with it.

Better start developing interesting intermediate content than wasting resources on reworking stuff over and over again. Maybe you need to hire new devs and fire the existent if they are not able to!

>

Something that instantly comes to mind after reading this Benjamin is: "If it's not broken, don't try and fix it."

The current iteration of /gg in fractals is fine, it saves tedious repetition and helps players who use high cooldown skills to quickly get back into the fray. I cannot believe you gave this..."complaint" even the slightest bit of serious thought. I find it mind boggling that among the myriad of actual issues still plaguing the game this is something that is getting even a tiny bit of attention, or even getting a free-pass to get first in line to get "fixed".

>

Don't... It's a waste of time, and there's nothing wrong with /gg as it is. People complain because the LW release was delayed and they're railing against the fences. You guys need to stop reacting to every complaint in the forums, seriously.

Shifting that to Mystlock Singularities is a mistake, especially because singularities are incoherently placed around all fractals.

A lot of fractals barely have any others have one before each encounter, Uncategorized still has it's only Singularity placed completely out of the way and before a spot that in a lot of cases can remove it instantly if someone else makes a mistake and gets you caught in the damage from the cascading projectiles.

So basically you're going to have to waste manpower and time shifting singularities around, coding the new behaviour all for something that is a non-issue.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > I didn't read this whole thread, but I will say we are considering removing cooldown reset from GG, and instead moving it to mistlock singularities, as /gg after every encounter/trash fight to reset is not what we had in mind with that feature. This would involve doing a pass on all the mistlock singularities to make sure they aren't in boss fights, as well as adding a fail safe buff that prevents you from resetting cooldowns in combat.

> >

> > If you grabbed a mistlock singularity in combat you would probably get a buff, with which your cooldowns will be reset the next time you exit combat.

>

> Don't... It's a waste of time, and there's nothing wrong with /gg as it is. People complain because the LW release was delayed and they're railing against the fences. You guys need to stop reacting to every complaint in the forums, seriously.

>

> Shifting that to Mystlock Singularities is a mistake, especially because singularities are incoherently placed around all fractals.

> A lot of fractals barely have any others have one before each encounter, Uncategorized still has it's only Singularity placed completely out of the way and before a spot that in a lot of cases can remove it instantly if someone else makes a mistake and gets you caught in the damage from the cascading projectiles.

> So basically you're going to have to waste manpower and time shifting singularities around, coding the new behaviour all for something that is a non-issue.

This isn't a reaction to comments on the forums, this is our own personal reaction to what we have been seeing in game. Many guide videos have you /gg after every checkpoint now. Mistlock singularities may not be the solution but surely we can come up with something better than requiring the entire party to die on purpose, thats just really weird game design.

A lot of the reactions here are overblown, calling for me to get fired is silly. We haven't committed to any change yet, and the reason we comment on posts like these is so we can have *constructive* dialogue. If you read my original post no where did I say we were committed, only that we are considering.