/GG in fractals needs to be nerfed

> @"Rasta.2371" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > Oh, decent rewards alone would be enough for dungeons to come back to life.

>

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > Oh, decent rewards alone would be enough for dungeons to come back to life.

> >

> > But they would have to completly rework dungeons first to warrant better rewards. They are like T1/2 fractal difficulty for the most part

>

> I used to do CoF p2 and then CoF p1 back in the day.. Fractals are superior, there is somewhat interesting content and bosses like CoF P3, Arah P4 ( a long slog), etc etc. Once you complete your dungeoneer title, what is the point of dungeons other than getting your monk runes? If Anet seriously revisited dungeons people would demand lots of QoL stuff like not waiting on NPC's, skipping dialogue, and possibly even /gg.

Anet basically killed dungeons when they allowed dungeon skins to be faster aquired via PvP and WvW reward tracks.

Also dungeon runes are easier to get via mystic forge. About one hour of mystic forging yellow runes will give a set of each dungeon runes

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Rasta.2371" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > Oh, decent rewards alone would be enough for dungeons to come back to life.

> >

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > Oh, decent rewards alone would be enough for dungeons to come back to life.

> > >

> > > But they would have to completly rework dungeons first to warrant better rewards. They are like T1/2 fractal difficulty for the most part

> >

> > I used to do CoF p2 and then CoF p1 back in the day.. Fractals are superior, there is somewhat interesting content and bosses like CoF P3, Arah P4 ( a long slog), etc etc. Once you complete your dungeoneer title, what is the point of dungeons other than getting your monk runes? If Anet seriously revisited dungeons people would demand lots of QoL stuff like not waiting on NPC's, skipping dialogue, and possibly even /gg.

>

> Anet basically killed dungeons when they allowed dungeon skins to be faster aquired via PvP and WvW reward tracks.

> Also dungeon runes are easier to get via mystic forge. About one hour of mystic forging yellow runes will give a set of each dungeon runes

Wow I never thought about mystic forging runes! I coincidentally had enough monk runes for my druid but now this will be even easier. GG dungeons

I'm one of the people who gets annoyed working with people who go out of their way to skip areas and/or reset creature or cooldowns. One of the many reasons I stopped playing WoW was due to people getting so carried away skipping areas that they'd actually take longer attempting to wall jump into an area that wasn't really supposed to be climbable than it would have taken just to kill the things they were skipping. I understand though that not everyone shares that opinion and for some people, fast and efficient are far more important. I'll usually just make a group with people I know share my opinion, or sometimes I'll just solo/duo instead.

That being said, I'd love to see a small bonus offered for reaching the end of a fractal/dungeon/raid with less than a certain number of total deaths (maybe something like 3 or less).

Or, if you really want to play some content without having the need to run with known people you could easily declare "no skips" in your lfg. But I guess that's too much of an effort. And it's also a reason why people are so frustrated about some runs - they either took a bad lfg description and getting the deserved results during the journey or they join lfgs they do not fulfill or at worst play against.

It's amazing how many people aren't setting up own groups and rather wait for the right to pop up or either just don't play althhough they would like to.

> Anet basically killed dungeons when they allowed dungeon skins to be faster aquired via PvP and WvW reward tracks.

When they did that, it did not impact dungeon popularity in even the slightest. In fact, the peak of their popularity came _after_ reward tracks were in, and they were still very popular up until anet killed them around HoT launch.

But yeah, blame it all on skin non-exclusivity [/sarcasm]

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > Anet basically killed dungeons when they allowed dungeon skins to be faster aquired via PvP and WvW reward tracks.

> When they did that, it did not impact dungeon popularity in even the slightest. In fact, the peak of their popularity came _after_ reward tracks were in, and they were still very popular up until anet killed them around HoT launch.

> But yeah, blame it all on skin non-exclusivity [/sarcasm]

>

>

So imagine how the peak popularity would have been without those reward tracks. These reward tracks are nothing short of idiocy.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > If a loophole exists in Fractals that allows people to cheese the cooldowns for their most powerful abilities, why have cooldowns at all?

> > > If cooldowns are an important mechanic for the more powerful abilities, why allow a loophole to exist that circumvents the design?

> > >

> > > So either remove the CD reset from /GG all together and call it a day, or remove / lower the cooldowns.

> >

> > The cooldowns matter for the duration of the fight. Once you finish, you could just sit out and wait them to expire. There's no point in that, hence resetting them between the fights is OK.

>

> Oh I agree completely, and I know what you mean. That's kind of my point though. For example, there is no cooldown on weapon swap outside of combat, it only applies during combat. So, if the cooldown only matters during combat situations, have all abilities come off cooldown once combat ends, just as your health quickly regenerates.

>

> If however, the designers feel that a 30 sec or 180 sec or whatever cooldown is important to the game, whether its in fractals, WvW / PvP or open world, then they should enforce their design and remove any workarounds that exist. Yes of course, players can just sit and wait until the CD is up, but that's a choice they can make.

Weapon swap doesn't have lingering effects in game. Instant reset out of combat can be abused *hard* by spawning minions from racial elites for instance.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> Or, if you really want to play some content without having the need to run with known people you could easily declare "no skips" in your lfg. But I guess that's too much of an effort. And it's also a reason why people are so frustrated about some runs - they either took a bad lfg description and getting the deserved results during the journey or they join lfgs they do not fulfill or at worst play against.

> It's amazing how many people aren't setting up own groups and rather wait for the right to pop up or either just don't play althhough they would like to.

I imagine there are quite a few people who don't describe their groups properly or who wait for groups with what they want rather than make their own, and that's probably an issue that could be addressed to improve the situation. Personally, I just avoid lfg all together with the exception of meta events that need organization to succeed. I've played a lot of games in the past where pug groups were stressful for one reason or another, and I'm simply not interested in adding stress to my games anymore, which is why I play with people I know what to expect from or just by myself.

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > Anet basically killed dungeons when they allowed dungeon skins to be faster aquired via PvP and WvW reward tracks.

> > When they did that, it did not impact dungeon popularity in even the slightest. In fact, the peak of their popularity came _after_ reward tracks were in, and they were still very popular up until anet killed them around HoT launch.

> > But yeah, blame it all on skin non-exclusivity [/sarcasm]

> >

> >

>

> So imagine how the peak popularity would have been without those reward tracks.

Easy to do, since (as i have already explained), when they introduced those tracks, the popularity _didn't change_. Or, even if it did in some way, it had no visible impact whatsoever.

> @"Rasta.2371" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > If a loophole exists in Fractals that allows people to cheese the cooldowns for their most powerful abilities, why have cooldowns at all?

> > > > If cooldowns are an important mechanic for the more powerful abilities, why allow a loophole to exist that circumvents the design?

> > > >

> > > > So either remove the CD reset from /GG all together and call it a day, or remove / lower the cooldowns.

> > >

> > > The cooldowns matter for the duration of the fight. Once you finish, you could just sit out and wait them to expire. There's no point in that, hence resetting them between the fights is OK.

> >

> > Oh I agree completely, and I know what you mean. That's kind of my point though. For example, there is no cooldown on weapon swap outside of combat, it only applies during combat. So, if the cooldown only matters during combat situations, have all abilities come off cooldown once combat ends, just as your health quickly regenerates.

> >

> > If however, the designers feel that a 30 sec or 180 sec or whatever cooldown is important to the game, whether its in fractals, WvW / PvP or open world, then they should enforce their design and remove any workarounds that exist. Yes of course, players can just sit and wait until the CD is up, but that's a choice they can make.

>

> If bullscharge or lightning flash had no cooldown out of combat you would see players teleporting/charging around the worldmap. It would be funny for a day, a good april fool's joke. But otherwise break immersion and be completely broken

Ride the lightning used to be a thing for mobility for elementalists until PvP killed the skill as it was "too OP when carrying the orbs" so yes, it used to be like that :) Plus with all the mounts and stuff and all cosmetic items "immersion" seems to be a very selective complaint. What, magic is strong enough to provide player with a whole freaking mount materializing out of thin air and jackal teleporting around in fraction of a second, but you can't lightning flash away too often? Who decides what is "too powerful and broken" if it's not in combat anyway.

But yeah, if people want to place artificial restrictions on the way their group wants to play ("no /gg, don't use mistlock singularities, we don't have healer and chrono is a non-boonshare condi version") then it's totally fine. It might take a bit longer to fill though.

> @"sarkysek.1085" said:

> > @"Grogba.6204" said:

> > This is the most asinine idea I have read on these boards in a while for particularly no reason than to spite players that value efficiency

>

> I don't play GW2 to be efficient but to have fun. Having to suicide myself on demand is not it.

And some players find fun in efficiency. Who are you to tell them they're having fun wrong?

So surely this has been mentioned already, but you can now prestack boons near any mistlock and reset your cd's without a /gg. Not effectively usable everywhere, but in many boss fights it's possible. And it's more broken than the /gg we had before.

All they did was add an insufferable 5-10 sec downtime near every other singularity bc of this new kitten OOC KITTEN. W H Y !

> @"Incurve Giidis.7829" said:

> So surely this has been mentioned already, but you can now prestack boons near any mistlock and reset your cd's without a /gg. Not effectively usable everywhere, but in many boss fights it's possible. And it's more broken than the /gg we had before.

>

> All they did was add an insufferable 5-10 sec downtime near every other singularity bc of this new kitten OOC KITTEN. W H Y !

Many people at Anet barely play their own game. Havent heared of any dev yet who played at more than a very casual level