Dhuum's Soul Shackle

Hi guys. I've done a lot of dhuum normal mode with pugs and with my static group.

Dhuum's deadliest shackle happens when you get the soul shackle right before the big soul split (greater death mark). sometimes you get shackled milliseconds before the soul split. which is the worst. but if you get it like a second or two right before the big soul split, the way I usually break it or I tell people how to break it is by simply facing your partner, getting healed to full and letting the soul split pull you 2 apart, instantly breaking the shackle.

Just a few minutes ago, this deadliest shackle happened to me as a weaver. I faced my partner, but instead of getting pulled apart from him, I got instant downed. I looked at the combat log and I took 5k damage from the soul split instantly with a 10k damage soul shackle tick. I instantly died, didn't even get pulled. I was wondering what are some of the ways you guys deal with this deadliest shackle? I have about 20 dhuum kills under my belt and I find this mechanic to be really agitating if you get shackled milliseconds within the big soul split, leaving 0 reaction time to even see who you are shackled with....

yeh i find this combination of mechanics very annoying too

Especially since its RNG

On 1 Dhuum kill you never get a shackle close to the time before soul split during the whole fight... and on another weekly kill you play very good but still get rekt by that unlucky timing of the mechanics...

RNG timings shouldnt define the difficulty of Raid Bosses

the RNG of the orb spawns for people on Greens is stressing enough ... usually no problem ofc but you CAN get a very bad spawn if unlucky (todays patch mentioned "Improved consistency of collision detection for the orbs" though which should definitly make it easy enough to justify the RNG nature of spawns for orbs)

But I would like to have shackles temporarily removed on soul split _... until the players reconnect with their souls!_

**just saying: LOREWISE the soul shackles connect our souls ... so on soul split just the 2 lights (our souls) should be connected to each other and the players being knocked away from their souls sholdn't get any dmg until they reconnect with their souls

RIGHT ANET? :D**

This way the shackles at that timing would still be punishing & cant just be ignored since you can still get downed easily after you reconnect with your soul then

but you cant get downed and killed while being split from your soul which would basically just equal death (since you cant even be rezzed easily if soul shackles still damage you while downed)

_edit:_

> @"Beorn Raukar.4328" said:

> Just so you know soul shackle and soul split are totally non RNG mechanics. Soul Split occurs at fixed times roughly every 1m20s with the first one at 6m25s on the clock. The Soul Shackle happens every 5% starting at 60%.

> The way my group deals with it is we either push DPS or slow it down to make sure that the chains happen right before or right after the soul split.

Yeh i guess shackles are maybe not real rng... i still do like my lore interpretation of why it shouldnt hurt you during soul split :D

But that 5% rule is not as clear as you say

it doesnt happen exactly at 5% always... it happens delayed sometimes or when dhuum is doing other actions (just checked first youtube video i could find and saw multiple times where it didnt happen at 5% markers and instead at 31% or 23% for example...)

And I know that Soul Split is not RNG at all

but just shackles alone appearing in irregular intervals creates the possiblity of those 2 mechanics happening together

Here is that video i used to check quick:

Just so you know soul shackle and soul split are totally non RNG mechanics. Soul Split occurs at fixed times roughly every 1m20s with the first one at 6m25s on the clock. The Soul Shackle happens every 5% starting at 60%.

The way my group deals with it is we either push DPS or slow it down to make sure that the chains happen right before or right after the soul split.

> @"Beorn Raukar.4328" said:

> Just so you know soul shackle and soul split are totally non RNG mechanics. Soul Split occurs at fixed times roughly every 1m20s with the first one at 6m25s on the clock. The Soul Shackle happens every 5% starting at 60%.

> The way my group deals with it is we either push DPS or slow it down to make sure that the chains happen right before or right after the soul split.

No, the shackles happen every 30 seconds starting at 60% HP.

> @"Wall E.5349" said:

> Just a few minutes ago, this deadliest shackle happened to me as a weaver. I faced my partner, but instead of getting pulled apart from him, I got instant downed. I looked at the combat log and I took 5k damage from the soul split instantly with a 10k damage soul shackle tick. I instantly died, didn't even get pulled. I was wondering what are some of the ways you guys deal with this deadliest shackle?

What I noticed is, I'm always looking at my character when I'm in melee. I have my rotation memorized, so I can just focus on my character. As, soon as I see a hint of red text in my chat window. I know, I have shackle on me. I run immediately then. While I'm running the Reapers will say something like, your soul has been shackled! Or something. When they're saying that, I'm already breaking the chain. By the time they finish the sentence, the chain is broken.

So, in summary, my eyes are trained that if I see any red text in the chat window. I assume its a soul shackle, while i'm running, I read the chat message to confirm. Then the Reapers do their warning about Soul Shackles while the chain is already being broken. I hope this helps you.

thanks everyone for the reply. i guess the best way to deal with the soul split + shackle combo is just to control your DPS.... i have tried a few more times getting this combo and there is no way a weaver or a profession equally squishy can survive a 5k + 10k instant hit. When I mean instant, these 2 damages really do tick together.... I do believe anet designed it this way so people try to control their DPS so that this situation does not arise, but I also do feel that it is a very poor design choice.. because if the shackle doesn't tick together with the split, it can be handled in the manner I mentioned earlier. Otherwise you just pray to god it doesn't tick for 10k the same time the soul split hits

I like orangensaft's idea, where you don't take soul shackle damage when your soul has been split away from you, it gives the player more control of this mechanic and punishes equally for not satisfying the mechanic's condition.

> @"Dzjudz.9142" said:

> > @"Beorn Raukar.4328" said:

> > Just so you know soul shackle and soul split are totally non RNG mechanics. Soul Split occurs at fixed times roughly every 1m20s with the first one at 6m25s on the clock. The Soul Shackle happens every 5% starting at 60%.

> > The way my group deals with it is we either push DPS or slow it down to make sure that the chains happen right before or right after the soul split.

>

> No, the shackles happen every 30 seconds starting at 60% HP.

You are right

In that case the only way to avoid it is to control the DPS only 1x in the fight when you are close to bringing Dhuum to 60% so you hit the 60% mark at a time that wont line up shackles & soul split later

> @"reapex.8546" said:

> > @"Wall E.5349" said:

> > Just a few minutes ago, this deadliest shackle happened to me as a weaver. I faced my partner, but instead of getting pulled apart from him, I got instant downed. I looked at the combat log and I took 5k damage from the soul split instantly with a 10k damage soul shackle tick. I instantly died, didn't even get pulled. I was wondering what are some of the ways you guys deal with this deadliest shackle?

>

> What I noticed is, I'm always looking at my character when I'm in melee. I have my rotation memorized, so I can just focus on my character. As, soon as I see a hint of red text in my chat window. I know, I have shackle on me. I run immediately then. While I'm running the Reapers will say something like, your soul has been shackled! Or something. When they're saying that, I'm already breaking the chain. By the time they finish the sentence, the chain is broken.

> So, in summary, my eyes are trained that if I see any red text in the chat window. I assume its a soul shackle, while i'm running, I read the chat message to confirm. Then the Reapers do their warning about Soul Shackles while the chain is already being broken. I hope this helps you.

You will hear dhuum warning before the red text.. but dhuum voice is very very very low you need to lower environment and skill sound and increase dialog and UI volume so you can hear dhuum voice better. Dhuum says - Join one another in sacrifice.. you then see the red text if it's you are chosen. you should be ready to move before the red text appear already. It's too late if you only react after . And reaper says your soul are linked! separate! <-- that is toooo late already :o

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"reapex.8546" said:

> > > @"Wall E.5349" said:

> > > Just a few minutes ago, this deadliest shackle happened to me as a weaver. I faced my partner, but instead of getting pulled apart from him, I got instant downed. I looked at the combat log and I took 5k damage from the soul split instantly with a 10k damage soul shackle tick. I instantly died, didn't even get pulled. I was wondering what are some of the ways you guys deal with this deadliest shackle?

> >

> > What I noticed is, I'm always looking at my character when I'm in melee. I have my rotation memorized, so I can just focus on my character. As, soon as I see a hint of red text in my chat window. I know, I have shackle on me. I run immediately then. While I'm running the Reapers will say something like, your soul has been shackled! Or something. When they're saying that, I'm already breaking the chain. By the time they finish the sentence, the chain is broken.

> > So, in summary, my eyes are trained that if I see any red text in the chat window. I assume its a soul shackle, while i'm running, I read the chat message to confirm. Then the Reapers do their warning about Soul Shackles while the chain is already being broken. I hope this helps you.

>

> You will hear dhuum warning before the red text.. but dhuum voice is very very very low you need to lower environment and skill sound and increase dialog and UI volume so you can hear dhuum voice better. Dhuum says - Join one another in sacrifice.. you then see the red text if it's you are chosen. you should be ready to move before the red text appear already. It's too late if you only react after . And reaper says your soul are linked! separate! <-- that is toooo late already :o

>

>

Guess both ways work. Truly I see the chain first -> red text second -> then I hear the voice announcement from the reapers. I'll see, if i can hear dhuum beforehand. Ty

> @"reapex.8546" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"reapex.8546" said:

> > > > @"Wall E.5349" said:

> > > > Just a few minutes ago, this deadliest shackle happened to me as a weaver. I faced my partner, but instead of getting pulled apart from him, I got instant downed. I looked at the combat log and I took 5k damage from the soul split instantly with a 10k damage soul shackle tick. I instantly died, didn't even get pulled. I was wondering what are some of the ways you guys deal with this deadliest shackle?

> > >

> > > What I noticed is, I'm always looking at my character when I'm in melee. I have my rotation memorized, so I can just focus on my character. As, soon as I see a hint of red text in my chat window. I know, I have shackle on me. I run immediately then. While I'm running the Reapers will say something like, your soul has been shackled! Or something. When they're saying that, I'm already breaking the chain. By the time they finish the sentence, the chain is broken.

> > > So, in summary, my eyes are trained that if I see any red text in the chat window. I assume its a soul shackle, while i'm running, I read the chat message to confirm. Then the Reapers do their warning about Soul Shackles while the chain is already being broken. I hope this helps you.

> >

> > You will hear dhuum warning before the red text.. but dhuum voice is very very very low you need to lower environment and skill sound and increase dialog and UI volume so you can hear dhuum voice better. Dhuum says - Join one another in sacrifice.. you then see the red text if it's you are chosen. you should be ready to move before the red text appear already. It's too late if you only react after . And reaper says your soul are linked! separate! <-- that is toooo late already :o

> >

> >

>

> Guess both ways work. Truly I see the chain first -> red text second -> then I hear the voice announcement from the reapers. I'll see, if i can hear dhuum beforehand. Ty

i double check from my video. the red text and lightning chain and dhuum voice actually happen almost at the same time .. so either which you rely on.. will work xD

i find easier with dhuum's voice warning.