Invariant Lab Door Controls (portals puzzle)

Alright, so on the first platform there’s the red button and blue button. The Blue is pointed straight down and indicates that it will make a blue portal spawn on that platform.

The red button is two quarter turns and will spawn a red portal at whatever direction ends up after.

These controls are enough to get to the platform on the opposite side. And that platform has a White Quarter turn button which spawns no portal and makes the portal turret make a quarter turn instead of a half turn.

Use the white button to get the turret facing the left or right platform the jump off the back platform and got back to the first.

Once there hitting the red button will make the turret spawn red portals either left or right.

• 1 month later...

> @"Dual.8953" said:

> Alright, so on the first platform there’s the red button and blue button. The Blue is pointed straight down and indicates that it will make a blue portal spawn on that platform.

> The red button is two quarter turns and will spawn a red portal at whatever direction ends up after.

> These controls are enough to get to the platform on the opposite side. And that platform has a White Quarter turn button which spawns no portal and makes the portal turret make a quarter turn instead of a half turn.

> Use the white button to get the turret facing the left or right platform the jump off the back platform and got back to the first.

> Once there hitting the red button will make the turret spawn red portals either left or right.

I'm having trouble with this, because the platform on the opposite side (East) does NOT have a White Quarter turn button, it has a BLUE Quarter turn button. I tried logging out overnight, logged back in this morning, the green stars were back over the door buttons, but the Quarter turn button was still BLUE.

All that does is make an entrance portal on the platforms I already can't get to.

What did I do wrong? How do I reset this?

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Vethaera.6319" said:

> > @"Dual.8953" said:

> > Alright, so on the first platform there’s the red button and blue button. The Blue is pointed straight down and indicates that it will make a blue portal spawn on that platform.

> > The red button is two quarter turns and will spawn a red portal at whatever direction ends up after.

> > These controls are enough to get to the platform on the opposite side. And that platform has a White Quarter turn button which spawns no portal and makes the portal turret make a quarter turn instead of a half turn.

> > Use the white button to get the turret facing the left or right platform the jump off the back platform and got back to the first.

> > Once there hitting the red button will make the turret spawn red portals either left or right.

>

> I'm having trouble with this, because the platform on the opposite side (East) does NOT have a White Quarter turn button, it has a BLUE Quarter turn button. I tried logging out overnight, logged back in this morning, the green stars were back over the door buttons, but the Quarter turn button was still BLUE.

>

> All that does is make an entrance portal on the platforms I already can't get to.

>

> What did I do wrong? How do I reset this?

I'm having the same issue and cannot figure it out.

It's a mini game puzzle :smile: with the following rules :

> **1)** The red portal(exit)will always spawn opposite of the blue portal(entrance)

> **2)** The red controller at the **point of origin** will only spawn red opposite of blue.

> **3)** The blue controller at the **point of origin** will only reset blue position/spawn the blue portal to it.

> **4)** There are functioning blue controllers (undamaged) at other points.

First, place the red portal to the opposite using rule (1) and enter the portal for the objective.

Now use the controller (4) and create a blue portal with rule (1) in mind.

Jump down to the starting platform. Use the damaged red controller to create the **red opposite of blue** (2) then use the blue damaged controller to **reset the blue portal** (3) to you. Rinse and repeat.