After yesterday's PoF download characters can't exit areas, pc freeze using wp and portals (Mac).

Answering some questions, yes the 32bit client still has that beta heading! It was actually a very good client pre 2014, 2014 they made a massive game change by changing the trading post host, that in particular worsened the game, older players especially with less powerful setups will have noticed the game consumes far more memory since that awful coherent host came, also particularly for mac users using a browser when playing GW2 far more increases the chance of crashing and if not the game runs far slower than it did pre Coherent, I ran GW2 with a clogged safari with over 20tabs over a year well enough and had to stop that after coherent crashed my game over 100times, the staff also weren't able to troubleshoot the crash problem effectively, it was myself by chance figuring it out (Well 1 of the staff suggested I try to run the game from a guest/non admin acct and was from there I noticed no crashing without a browser open so part credit then…) It seemed we'd never get a true mac client but then couple of years back an Anet dev in my guild said he's working on a native client and is confident they'd have it ready soon (This was 2016!), then they sprung it on us last year and I've not heard good reviews from mac users I know in game so didn't bother with it.

Now this fiasco with this latest patch… Yes I'd feel robbed too if I spent $200, thankfully I buy the bare minimum (Not deluxe editions etc) as I don't feel the company deserves more than that. I do feel cheated still, a major reason I defected from SWTOR to this game was this game had a mac client even if it wasn't a true one at least I didn't need to bootcamp anymore to play a mmo. From 2014 the mac client just got worse though, 2014 had big optimisation for the client, though it optimised it for windows users the mac people were affected adversely. For the newer players, did you know the forums used to have separate threads for Windows and Mac users? Logical yes? They in their wisdom merged them all for some reason so if it was hard enough to get attention for mac specific issues before it's certainly harder since they merged it! So with HoT they released the 64bit client and sadly the 32bit client I imagine for windows users too became more unstable or just not attended to, the PoF beta client made things worse still, new crashes (My client never crashed at the login window in the past the way it does now repeatedly since the PoF client)

I don't know when they removed the 32bit client from download but it should have still been available at least till late last year.

I've mentioned it multiple threads but may I ask you guys if you haven't to try to go to your guild halls? While there's not a great deal you can do in the hall at the least it may help to know what we still can do and maybe somehow find an answer to beat this map loading bug? I have been able to go to my hall more than half the tries so far.

Let's see the bright side of life :-D I have five characters stucked in Divinity's Reach with nothing to do except change outfits... other two are stucked in Harathi Hinterlands and, well, not being able to do anything else they became quite skilled in making money farming the Tamini... only if I knew what to do with all that money. Sorry, just getting histerical.

To answer your question about Guild Hall.. My Game freezes even when loading up the Guild Hall. It's not just the core Tyria Maps that are an issue for me, it's loading any kind of zone or map that is different to the one i am on. So this includes things like coming out of a fractal, going to pvp lobby, loading WvW. It is suuuuuper lame! I have pretty much stopped playing for now until this is fixed.

I can't load the hall every time Mighty, at least before the latest small patch I was loading into it > half the time and so far that's still the only one with any chance of loading for me. I was wondering too if we use an acct without access to PoF if we'd be stuck with this problem, is a long shot but perhaps unlocking the latest story chapter could be the culprit? That's no solution anyhow as I don't want to be playing a f2p acct over one that's already paid for but more for the sake of troubleshooting and curiosity. No you wouldn't be able to load the game with an older build at all, very inflexible have been in long dungeon runs when a patch hits and that kills anyone from joining your instance…

> @"Feyd Rautha.7298" said:

> Hi, for those on the Mac machines, where the 64-bit client doesn't work as well, I'm going to have to side with ArenaNet on this one. The 32bit client, is, in itself a windows emulator running 32bit windows. It ran absolutely atrocious for me and I had to use the lowest settings and was on a pretty powerful machine at the time.

> It's only with the latest 64bit clients that the game is actually coming close to the 64bit windows client.

>

Feyd, you're saying the 32bit client ran terribly on a decent mac and somehow the 64bit runs very well counter to most feedback with people, often that have far greater specs than the game demands who have awful 64bit experiences so they stuck with the 32bit, which is stable or runs well. I am on a MBP 8.1 (Late 2011) still on OS X 10.7 and I still can play the game above min specs to some degree, I can play a combo of low-med settings not good fps but still playable so highly unusual your account is.

> @"Yifang.8260" said:

> I can't load the hall every time Mighty, at least before the latest small patch I was loading into it > half the time and so far that's still the only one with any chance of loading for me. I was wondering too if we use an acct without access to PoF if we'd be stuck with this problem, is a long shot but perhaps unlocking the latest story chapter could be the culprit? That's no solution anyhow as I don't want to be playing a f2p acct over one that's already paid for but more for the sake of troubleshooting and curiosity. No you wouldn't be able to load the game with an older build at all, very inflexible have been in long dungeon runs when a patch hits and that kills anyone from joining your instance…

Well there is no point for me using any kind of f2p acc. I've been playing 5 years... so i have no interest in a new acc. I check the MAC game every 2 days or so, but am not playing until its fixed. Wayyyy to frustrating

Im curious to know if:

- The devs know about this happening to us MAC users - Freezing leading to having to restart the game every map change.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a session after giving up for a week or 2 of trying, no crashes! No failed loading of maps or swapping characters, albeit it's a little slower now. I am guessing the SAB patch fixed the issue, while I am displeased how anet handled it (They did nothing at least for the 32bit client as they washed their hands of it ages ago) I am glad it's playable again and felt it's important to inform others about it. So if you're a mac user with a poor experience using the 64bit client and still have the old client, or you're a Windows user that had to stick with the 32bit client the good news is for now it's working again!

> @"Yifang.8260" said:

> Had a session after giving up for a week or 2 of trying, no crashes! No failed loading of maps or swapping characters, albeit it's a little slower now. I am guessing the SAB patch fixed the issue, while I am displeased how anet handled it (They did nothing at least for the 32bit client as they washed their hands of it ages ago) I am glad it's playable again and felt it's important to inform others about it. So if you're a mac user with a poor experience using the 64bit client and still have the old client, or you're a Windows user that had to stick with the 32bit client the good news is for now it's working again!

Thanks for the update!!