Scourge Gearing [Help needed - Returning player]

XenoOw.7280

Hi everyone,

Returning player here playing a power reaper but wanting to try and transit over to a condi scourge.

Looking for advice on how to gear my character now. =)

Thinking if i should go pure Viper Stats accross all weps/armor/trinkets or viper on weps/armor while going trailblazer on trinkets.

Will be doing mainly open world content/Fracs and alittle of WvW if i ever get the time.

Also looking for advice on runes/sigils to use as well as any tips to gear my character

--Xeno--

Well Vipergear is still the thing for Condi and Berserk + Marauder Mix for Reaper.

For WvW I would go for some Trailblazer since its also about not beeing fodder and surviving.

In open World Reaper on Berserk is quite nice.

For Fracs Condi Viper Scourge is still one of the best combos.

I played Weaver and Mirage in Fracs after the nerfs recently, but after measuring Dps I saw that my scourge dealt about the same Dmg in t4s with some nice (still not enough) support, while beeing more fun and easier to play.

So Id start with getting a berserk and tralblazer set in WvW which is quite fast.

Then Id start to get some Ascended Viper Accs to combine with the Trailblazor armor quite easy to get through T1 Fracs, Living story Vendors and Laurels.

Next either craft or get it through WvW start to get Ascended armor get the cheapest and throw it in the Mystic Forge to change it to Viper Stats.

For this you need at least Tailor on 400 since the Viper stuff is account bound.

The good thing about Ascended is you can trade it to other Chars of your account, so if the class gets nerfed you can easily switch to another light armor class.

Have fun exploring ;)