Resurrection in living world s4e2

Hi Devs, first off I am so glad you decided to do this on the forums :D.

SPOILERS DOWN BELOW

I had a question in the second instance of living world season 2 at the boss fight the entire arena is shielded off by the elders and every time you go down you get instantly resurrected. My question is how did this choice came to be to be resurrected by the elders instead of any other force or a retry from checkpoint screen.. During other fights you also get instantly resurrected by things beyond your control. But here it felt out of place for me because they did not resurrect there own leader but where willing to use this power for the benefit of a stranger (and indirectly there tribe). And after the fight we got a scene which for me lost all of its importance because for me it felt like they choose not to resurrect there elder instead of being inflicted a grave lose by the inquest.

• ArenaNet Staff

This mechanic and narrative was specifically created to build off the supportive nature of the Olmakhan, and generally try to make the boss encounter a bit less difficult since it was not intended to be the climax of the episode. It isn't ressurection, as you never "die", it's a healing and protection spell granted by the Olmakhan Lifebinders to renew your vitality on the brink of death. They cannot bring back the dead.

SPOILERS!

In general, when a player "dies", it is canonically explained that the character was knocked out, not killed (exceptions being specific story moments) This doesn't usually apply to NPCs (though we have been inconsistent with this in game, this is the rule of thumb we try to stick to.)

Narn was struck head on by a full power exterminator golem execution beam. There was nothing the Lifebinders could have done, especially considering they arrived late to the battle.