[Feedback] Spying Over Stream + Packet Sniffing [Merged]

> @"The Light In The Darkness.7364" said:

> > @"Nokomis.5076" said:

> > I'm sorry, but this is utter nonsense.

> >

> > "Not to mention all those hackers trying to breach through my motherboard / BIOS / client / antivirus."

> > Please show any proof, that something like this is happening on your computer AND is related to guild wars

> >

> > "I have run both of them and the results are extremely surprising."

> > Why? What do you see? A long list of processes you do not know because they are Microsoft processes?

> >

> > "YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO UPDATE REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME TO THE FOLLOWING :"

> > The complete list is stupid.

> >

> > Yes, there are cheaters in the game. But that doesn't automatically mean they are trying to hack your computer or anything.

>

> The fact that you deny the existence of such exploit automatically demonstrates you are supporting this kind of behavior which is against the terms of service.

Posting nonsensical accusations like this falls under harassment, which is against the terms of service.

Okay, first off...yes there is a such thing as Hardware spyware...however, it works absolutely nothing like what you are describing. It records hardware access records in binary formatting and memory logs. IE: Memory block XXXXX accessed X amount of Megabytes for X period of time, transferred X instruction to CPU at X interval etc etc. In short, I can't tell someone where you are in PVP or WvW.

However, as for Hackers - it isn't a secret that there is a wide influx of players and bots using hacking programs to allow them to do things such as track players, move faster, and fly. Some players have even reported the exact programs being used yet the number of hackers hasn't decreased that much. Outside of that, if you are live streaming and show everyone what world and map you are on in WvW, someone from an opposing world can easily monitor your actions and help direct their teams to intercept yours or to hit locations that are poorly defended. Like others have said, set for a delay.

Other than that...my suggestion is that if you do see someone you think is hacking, ie: flying etc, report them.

> @"Orimidu.9604" said:

> Hardware-based spyware is virtually undetectable and unless you have a masters in information security, which I'm assuming you don't, it's tantamount to paranoia to suspect it. More than likely there's a spy in the zerg or, as others said, you're streaming in real time.

Not to mention it's pretty hard to remote install such spyware on a specific person's PC based only on a Arena Net account.