One Day for Permanent Mistlock Pass????

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > @"mcarswell.3768" said:

> > > > > > So apparently the permanent mistlock pass returned for yesterday's sale, which I just found out about today browsing reddit. Been waiting for it for months and they only put it out for one day?? I'd gladly pay the full 1k gems...why not just have it available all the time?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It was discounted for one day. I'm sure it will appear again.

> > > > > Artificial scarcity is commonly used by ANet (among many, many other companies) to help drive demand.

> > > > >

> > > > > You have two options for keeping track, without depending on Reddit:

> > > > > * Visit [this page](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales/) daily; it will always include whatever has been added/removed/discounted

> > > > > * Use GW2 timer to "set an alarm": http://gw2timer.com/?page=Account&section=Gem

> > > > >

> > > > > The first link is usually updated shortly after 9 am Pacific time, which is shortly after the gem shop offering change. I'm not sure when gw2timer is updated, but it's also refreshed 1x/day.

> > > >

> > > > Yes. And after you have this OP, you only have to wait about year or two until it comes back. By which you probably won't have interest in it anymore or something better will have come along and replaced it. It's almost as respectful to the players as loot boxes and falsely advertising mount skins as actual mounts :)

> >

> >

> > ` "who advertised mount skins as mounts?"`

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14711/might-want-to-clarify-mount-skins#latest

> >

> > ` "cause all Anets advertisements have said Skins and the items themself say that you do need to unlock the mounts first"`

> >

> > This is incorrect.

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/happy-wintersday-from-the-black-lion-trading-company/

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/page/6/

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dress-up-your-mounts-for-halloween/

>

> Oh boy they say SKINS or or COSTUMES

>

> yup sure is incorrect on my part to Read that as false and i really thing it just gave me the mounts themself

>

> poor me for not able to read right.... OH WAIT i did read that right .

>

> oh and did you read the time stamps? they predate your topic.

>

> so you can't say they where changed afterwards.

>

>

> if you try to be a smart kitten

> be smart and not an kitten

So a player needs to read an outside newsletter to get accurate information on an item instead of the title of the item in the game where they are purchasing it?

Why blame the customer, when the title has not been written accurately like it's supposed to be. Both legally and ethically.

I managed to get it by pure chance, the sticky on gem store sales is only updated by one person who is also a player he or she should not be the only source of this type of information in the first week of the March sales in News there was a breakdown of which items were coming in on each day.

This as far as im concerned in the absolute MINIMUM a company should do to inform its players when its got such a unhealthy obsession with flash sales and scarcity - yet those weekly updates? they were only done twice. Its ridiculous.

By the time the sticky had been updated and I notices it 5 hours after ( because I am not going to keep logging into the forum several times a day) another item I had been waiting for all year had gone - it was literally made know to players for a few hours only not even 24.

Its stupid and ineffectual.

I think Anets Sale Strategy is a bad one

What if you sometimes you cant log in for 2 days an then you miss a once y ear sale?

You cant ever go on vaction because you might miss that super rare sale?

**The sale should be DISCOUNT ONLY

But the items should always be available for normal price tbh**

I think Anet would maybe even make more profit then because the sales can still be rare and drive people to buy it

But anyone who buys it while there is no sale active actually gives Anet more money!

**Players would be happier and Anet wouldnt even lose out on any money**

> @"Rococo.8347" said:

> I managed to get it by pure chance, the sticky on gem store sales is only updated by one person who is also a player he or she should not be the only source of this type of information in the first week of the March sales in News there was a breakdown of which items were coming in on each day.

>

> This as far as im concerned in the absolute MINIMUM a company should do to inform its players when its got such a unhealthy obsession with flash sales and scarcity - yet those weekly updates? they were only done twice. Its ridiculous.

>

> By the time the sticky had been updated and I notices it 5 hours after ( because I am not going to keep logging into the forum several times a day) another item I had been waiting for all year had gone - it was literally made know to players for a few hours only not even 24.

>

> Its stupid and ineffectual.

Not, in fact, true. No items are only available 'for a few hours'.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Rococo.8347" said:

> I managed to get it by pure chance, the sticky on gem store sales is only updated by one person who is also a player he or she should not be the only source of this type of information.... ~snip~

This information is available in the game. There's no lack of communication, even while I understand you prefer communication to come through a different medium. We make it known there is a March Madness series of sales. It's clear that some have been, and presumably will be, one-day sales. Beyond that, logging in for a quick look at the Gem Store is what you do, just as you'd have to do something to open and read an e-mail, or click through a link for a listing.

Having said the above, I understand and will relay the concerns about short-term sales and the requests for a broader range of communications. I should say here, though, that I understand the company's perspective about such offerings. However, you can be assured I'll relay your comments.

Closing thread (and the moderators will do a clean-up of some off topic comments). Thanks for understanding.