mAT selling is ON , would Anet take an action or stay silent ?

Odik.4587

> @"geist.9173" said:

> People never learn. Don't ban them, just take away all the stuff they got over the years (rare titles, skins, achievements) and cut off their e-peens. That hurts more than a ban.

You cant remove titles they said once HoT appeared ... Never heard they can or not for sure. And if you leave them just as it is , they would do it all over again. Just taking their stuff wont do it.They would sell another monthly for cash(sell titles, ruin game experience for others,wintrading etc,etc) and they wouldnt lose anything in this case,only gain money . So...you are completely wrong ,imo ;)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So im spending 100s of euros for gems to support the game and Anet push wintraders and accountsellers with that money? Can someone from Anet say something about this decadence? I expect this individuals instantly being removed from partnership without any questions!!

> @"Knopa.8460" said:

> So im spending 100s of euros for gems to support the game and Anet push wintraders and accountsellers with that money? Can someone from Anet say something about this decadence? I expect this individuals instantly being removed from partnership without any questions!!

Never gonna happen. If it was going to it would have long ago.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > @"AngelsShadow.7360" said:

> > > > > zan isnt partnered iirc

> > > >

> > > > :(

> > > > I thoughth he had it, he said something about partnership in VN discord long time ago...must be something else

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/ArenaNet_Partner_Program

> > >

> > > There’s the list of current partners. Sind is a partner and was involved.

> >

> > Yes, he was very busy banning everyone who dare to mention this fact in discord/twitch ,so far as i heard

> > Ty for link

>

> Np.

> It’s funny too that it’s 2pm EST and no word from the PvP team about taking steps to prevent this and how it will impact partners. @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

It's only 11:30 PDT, where the PvP team works!

But seriously, it's a complicated problem and we're talking about it. As Chris mentioned on reddit, I can't really speak to partner status things. I don't run the partner program. I have opened up a dialogue with the marketing team to make sure they are aware of the situation and the PvP team will work with them, should they require more information.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm home with a fever and a sick daughter, so please forgive me if I'm not too quick to respond to questions today!

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > > @"AngelsShadow.7360" said:

> > > > > > zan isnt partnered iirc

> > > > >

> > > > > :(

> > > > > I thoughth he had it, he said something about partnership in VN discord long time ago...must be something else

> > > >

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/ArenaNet_Partner_Program

> > > >

> > > > There’s the list of current partners. Sind is a partner and was involved.

> > >

> > > Yes, he was very busy banning everyone who dare to mention this fact in discord/twitch ,so far as i heard

> > > Ty for link

> >

> > Np.

> > It’s funny too that it’s 2pm EST and no word from the PvP team about taking steps to prevent this and how it will impact partners. @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

>

> It's only 11:30 PDT, where the PvP team works!

>

> But seriously, it's a complicated problem and we're talking about it. As Chris mentioned on reddit, I can't really speak to partner status things. I don't run the partner program. I have opened up a dialogue with the marketing team to make sure they are aware of the situation and the PvP team will work with them, should they require more information.

>

> Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm home with a fever and a sick daughter, so please forgive me if I'm not too quick to respond to questions today!

Get well soon !

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > I thoughth he had it, he said something about partnership in VN discord long time ago...must be something else

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > There’s the list of current partners. Sind is a partner and was involved.

> > >

> > > Yes, he was very busy banning everyone who dare to mention this fact in discord/twitch ,so far as i heard

> > > Ty for link

> >

> > Np.

> > It’s funny too that it’s 2pm EST and no word from the PvP team about taking steps to prevent this and how it will impact partners. @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

>

>

> But seriously, it's a complicated problem and we're talking about it. As Chris mentioned on reddit, I can't really speak to partner status things. I don't run the partner program. I have opened up a dialogue with the marketing team to make sure they are aware of the situation and the PvP team will work with them, should they require more information.

>

> Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm home with a fever and a sick daughter, so please forgive me if I'm not too quick to respond to questions today!

So the PvP teams work bankers hours? :P

I hope you and your daughter get to feeling better. Don’t spread the germs!

• ArenaNet Staff

Just giving an update to this situation and an overview of actions that have been handed out:

Due to account sharing, and a history of RMT purchases, one of the accounts on the winning team has been suspended for 3 months and had all rewards removed from it (for this mAT).. This includes any of the mAT rewards that would have been handed out as one of the winners of this mAT.

We have permanently blocked the main account of the player responsible for playing on the shared account during the mAT.

Today we also took action against another one of the accounts on the winning team as well for receiving high value goods from the account that was being shared above during the time it was under shared control. This account was also suspended for 3 months and had all mAT rewards removed from it (for this mAT).

Again, I would like to reiterate that, while the accounts in question were involved in sketchy practices, had the one player played on their own account, the mAT results would have been the same and there was no impact on in-game gameplay.

I can't comment on partner status or the partner program, but the partner team has been informed of this action.

Account boosting in this manner is not acceptable and we will continue to take action against accounts that we catch participating in this kind of behavior.

Yeah acount boosting busted for now....specially for people who got 30k+ ap already....keep up the good work..there alot to be done since the problem been ignored for 5 years...but better late then never...keep it up!!!

Although i like these people who brake the TOS actaually get baned/deleted 100% from the game. The fact that they do not just goes to show there lack of commitment to there own ideals and lack of authority.

Your punishement are kind of weird, one person has done multiple RMT purchases and account shared, and gets 3 month disohonor. And some other person just received items from that account and gets the same punishement.

Which is also the exact same punishement that people got from wintrading last season.

> @"Randomm.2470" said:

> > @"Scary.8034" said:

> > Which is also the exact same punishement that people got from wintrading last season.

>

> They got 3 months of dishonor, not game suspension

oh right i read that wrong, which makes it even worse, if you ask me, I see wintrading as a bigger offense than both of these things.

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ty for link

> >

> > Np.

>

>

>

As someone that literally sees this every day, hope you both get better soon and thanks for the update.

@"Chris Cleary.8017" thanks for the update.

> @"Chris Cleary.8017" said:

Chris, could you please elaborate as to why certain accounts from the previous ranked season have been only dishonoured (whilst account sharing, manipulating multiple games for both RMT & in-game reward) - But this instance has resulted in both a permanent ban (on one account) and a 3 month suspension on another?

These punishments seem very inconsistent and don't seem to follow any set of basic rules.

Can you please explain why your decisions vary so significantly here?

Thanks.

> @"Chris Cleary.8017" said:

> Just giving an update to this situation and an overview of actions that have been handed out:

>

> Due to account sharing, and a history of RMT purchases, one of the accounts on the winning team has been suspended for 3 months and had all rewards removed from it (for this mAT).. This includes any of the mAT rewards that would have been handed out as one of the winners of this mAT.

>

> We have permanently blocked the main account of the player responsible for playing on the shared account during the mAT.

>

> Today we also took action against another one of the accounts on the winning team as well for receiving high value goods from the account that was being shared above during the time it was under shared control. This account was also suspended for 3 months and had all mAT rewards removed from it (for this mAT).

>

> Again, I would like to reiterate that, while the accounts in question were involved in sketchy practices, had the one player played on their own account, the mAT results would have been the same and there was no impact on in-game gameplay.

>

> I can't comment on partner status or the partner program, but the partner team has been informed of this action.

>

> Account boosting in this manner is not acceptable and we will continue to take action against accounts that we catch participating in this kind of behavior.

This is great, really it is. But when an account is found to have participate din this, you need to be stripping **_ALL_** PvP rewards **_EVER_** earned by that account that can be stripped.

> @"kurfu.5623" said:

> I don't PVP, so I have no idea what mAT is... But I am curious as to why ANET is OK with other forms of paid-"carries" (raids, fractals, dungeons, etc...), but this is bannable? Was it because of the account-sharing?

Monthly Atoumated Tournement.

Bad- account sharing and reports US Dollars were traded to have “carry”.

Raids are paid with in game currency and at your own risk. This is different.