[Video]Core/DH WvW Roaming

Lynnie.7213

I'll be honest, I never got the feel for roaming as a Firebrand, even though your videos were very impressive. But I still get good results as a DH every now and then. I definitely have to give core another try. When you run the scepter/focus build is it the same set-up that you used with the FB roaming build? (Honor 3-2-2)

It's interesting that you solve the movement speed issue with runes of speed, I have to try that. I've been running either durability or traveler, and even though durability feels a bit safer it definitely makes me feel like a grandpa hobbling around trying to keep up with everyone.

> @"Traveller.7496" said:

> I'll be honest, I never got the feel for roaming as a Firebrand, even though your videos were very impressive. But I still get good results as a DH every now and then. I definitely have to give core another try. When you run the scepter/focus build is it the same set-up that you used with the FB roaming build? (Honor 3-2-2)

>

> It's interesting that you solve the movement speed issue with runes of speed, I have to try that. I've been running either durability or traveler, and even though durability feels a bit safer it definitely makes me feel like a grandpa hobbling around trying to keep up with everyone.

I run Valor out of firebrand, i don't see the point there since i don't have any healing power. Yeah i was running durability but the extra toughness wasn't make much difference, at least i wasn't feeling it, then swap to traveler but the stats are just ... ew, but the boon duration. Then i looked up and found the speed runes, never looking back. :)

> @"Lynnie.7213" said:

> > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > I'll be honest, I never got the feel for roaming as a Firebrand, even though your videos were very impressive. But I still get good results as a DH every now and then. I definitely have to give core another try. When you run the scepter/focus build is it the same set-up that you used with the FB roaming build? (Honor 3-2-2)

> >

> > It's interesting that you solve the movement speed issue with runes of speed, I have to try that. I've been running either durability or traveler, and even though durability feels a bit safer it definitely makes me feel like a grandpa hobbling around trying to keep up with everyone.

>

> I run Valor out of firebrand, i don't see the point there since i don't have any healing power. Yeah i was running durability but the extra toughness wasn't make much difference, at least i wasn't feeling it, then swap to traveler but the stats are just ... ew, but the boon duration. Then i looked up and found the speed runes, never looking back. :)

How do you deal with heavy ranged pressure when running core, or when you'd want ranged damage? I sometimes feel really inefficient in closing the gap on some classes than seem to be able to keep the distance from me easily. You have a few teleports, yes, but only Judge's with a 1200 range.

> @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > @"Lynnie.7213" said:

> > > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > I'll be honest, I never got the feel for roaming as a Firebrand, even though your videos were very impressive. But I still get good results as a DH every now and then. I definitely have to give core another try. When you run the scepter/focus build is it the same set-up that you used with the FB roaming build? (Honor 3-2-2)

> > >

> > > It's interesting that you solve the movement speed issue with runes of speed, I have to try that. I've been running either durability or traveler, and even though durability feels a bit safer it definitely makes me feel like a grandpa hobbling around trying to keep up with everyone.

> >

> > I run Valor out of firebrand, i don't see the point there since i don't have any healing power. Yeah i was running durability but the extra toughness wasn't make much difference, at least i wasn't feeling it, then swap to traveler but the stats are just ... ew, but the boon duration. Then i looked up and found the speed runes, never looking back. :)

>

> How do you deal with heavy ranged pressure when running core, or when you'd want ranged damage? I sometimes feel really inefficient in closing the gap on some classes than seem to be able to keep the distance from me easily. You have a few teleports, yes, but only Judge's with a 1200 range.

When fighting a strong ranged class like LB soulbeast you gotta use your gap closers and GS#5 in a smart way. Sometimes i land the GS#5 and don't trigger it, just leave it there ticking for ages until the moment i need to pull him back or maybe sometimes the effect just run off and i didn't even needed. ITs a matter of get used, i guess.

Why Speed runes and not traveler runes? Speed will give you a little over 1k health... Traveler will give you the same movement speed, 10 % boon duration and boost all your stats (except health), is this not better than just vitality and speed?

Don't get me wrong, not criticising, I'm just asking to understand the concept behind this and learn from it. Ty

> @"Dano.2408" said:

> Why Speed runes and not traveler runes? Speed will give you a little over 1k health... Traveler will give you the same movement speed, 10 % boon duration and boost all your stats (except health), is this not better than just vitality and speed?

>

> Don't get me wrong, not criticising, I'm just asking to understand the concept behind this and learn from it. Ty

I was using travelers before but +36 in all stats won't do much for me, i was getting wasted stats like condition damage and precision and 360 health won't save me from anything, while speed runes gives me 1750 health. I thought was a better choice for my build, but not saying its better than the other run at all.