Revert The Supportive Pet Soulbeast Change

Zuko.7132

They could have at least shortened the cooldown on _Spiritual Reprieve_. There is a significant loss of healing from all other sources and they're treating it like it's intended to support those around, so why is the F3 still a double-gated 40 second cd. As everyone else has stated, **Soulbeast** seems to be more damage oriented with benefits assisting the ranger aside from this new odd-man-out change. **Druid** is the true supportive class we've had already, why would anyone want or spec through the supportive pet line to act as a joke healer? **Strangely, the druid's outgoing healing is modified by a max of 20 (10x2% Natural Mender) percent whereas the "fixed" outgoing Spiritual Reprieve is 25 percent**. I find this confusing.

> @"Kilrik.6320" said:

> They could have at least shortened the cooldown on _Spiritual Reprieve_. There is a significant loss of healing from all other sources and they're treating it like it's intended to support those around, so why is the F3 still a double-gated 40 second cd. As everyone else has stated, **Soulbeast** seems to be more damage oriented with benefits assisting the ranger aside from this new odd-man-out change. **Druid** is the true supportive class we've had already, why would anyone want or spec through the supportive pet line to act as a joke healer? **Strangely, the druid's outgoing healing is modified by a max of 20 (10x2% Natural Mender) percent whereas the "fixed" outgoing Spiritual Reprieve is 25 percent**. I find this confusing.

Ya it doesn't fit the theme of the elite spec at all. Like you said it seems like it belongs with druid.

Why not give us **healing power** instead of the **percentage stat**. I propose having the _Supportive_ stats be **200 healing power and 100 vitality**. It would then fit the stat trend of the other archetypes. For example _Stout_ pets give 200 toughness and 100 vitality. I still find the change confusing, because there are no other percent increases in the stats of the various archetypes, even _Versatile_ pets use 225 concentration vs. saying 15 percent. Increasing healing power is the method by which most healers support others with their heals, plus I'm obviously looking for a way to where it would slightly benefit us as well, since that seems to be the point of **Soulbeast**. 200 healing power is still a reduction of self healing by a decent margin, so that should satisfy anet's intent. I can't imagine anyone taking _Supportive pets_ for the sake of benefiting other's with no perk for themselves. Don't all the **Druid** heals benefit the **Druid** as well or even more so given the trait _Live Vicariously_?

• 1 month later...

> @"Kilrik.6320" said:

> Why not give us **healing power** instead of the **percentage stat**. I propose having the _Supportive_ stats be **200 healing power and 100 vitality**. It would then fit the stat trend of the other archetypes. For example _Stout_ pets give 200 toughness and 100 vitality. I still find the change confusing, because there are no other percent increases in the stats of the various archetypes, even _Versatile_ pets use 225 concentration vs. saying 15 percent. Increasing healing power is the method by which most healers support others with their heals, plus I'm obviously looking for a way to where it would slightly benefit us as well, since that seems to be the point of **Soulbeast**. 200 healing power is still a reduction of self healing by a decent margin, so that should satisfy anet's intent. I can't imagine anyone taking _Supportive pets_ for the sake of benefiting other's with no perk for themselves. Don't all the **Druid** heals benefit the **Druid** as well or even more so given the trait _Live Vicariously_?

Healing power instead of a buff to outgoing healing would make far more sense on soulbeast and would bring the supportive pet buff in line with the buffs of the other pet families.

> @"Kilrik.6320" said:

> Why not give us **healing power** instead of the **percentage stat**. I propose having the _Supportive_ stats be **200 healing power and 100 vitality**. It would then fit the stat trend of the other archetypes. For example _Stout_ pets give 200 toughness and 100 vitality. I still find the change confusing, because there are no other percent increases in the stats of the various archetypes, even _Versatile_ pets use 225 concentration vs. saying 15 percent. Increasing healing power is the method by which most healers support others with their heals, plus I'm obviously looking for a way to where it would slightly benefit us as well, since that seems to be the point of **Soulbeast**. 200 healing power is still a reduction of self healing by a decent margin, so that should satisfy anet's intent. I can't imagine anyone taking _Supportive pets_ for the sake of benefiting other's with no perk for themselves. Don't all the **Druid** heals benefit the **Druid** as well or even more so given the trait _Live Vicariously_?

Its rather that soulbeast had sick regen, personally i think druid was worse and a healing power increase instead if straight up outgoing healing is way better.

I also wish they would revert how the Supportive Beast Ability back to the way it was. But at least my Stance/Boon Share + Emergency Heals still is beneficial to allies. Gotta love 20K Heal times however many Allies it heals at the time. Invigorating Bond & Beast Ability @ 82.9% Healing Effectiveness is fun. It's also awesome to pop right after you rez someone.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> Man . . . they really hate healing lately. Have to admit, this one really surprised me, but I guess it shouldn't.

A lot of game developers nerf healing regularly because they have no idea how to build in ways to counter it without making the healer utterly worthless to bring in the first place, and a majority of players don’t play healers, and find healers very unfun in a PvP environment.

So naturally, this results in healers either ending up extremely overpowered where they can keep themselves and allies alive through the legions of hell while fighting on the sun, or so meh that you may as well not even allow healing in the PvP environment in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Ikr...

I feel like I get alot less healing post patch, and I was right.

Like seriously, wth Anet? How is this op in any way?

You want to make supportive pet even worse than before?

I have Jacaranda as my stable pet due to good dps, but now the merging with him is next to useless...

(I often merge just to pop a heal skill)