Might & Fury Generation Traits on Rangers

InsaneQR.7412

Recently had a discussion with other forum members about might generating traits and how they interact and which of them are better and which one should be changed.

In addition we discussed the fury generation of the GS trait because it leads to uncontrolled OS instead of tactical use.

So:

We have to inherent might traits on the adept level.

One in MM and one in BM.

Hunters Gaze in MM has more stacks of might, but an internal restriction to health threshholds.

Companions Might has steady might generation for your pet and lackluster generation for you because pets dont crit that often. Advantage of this is though that you can WhaO to fast gain might from your pet.

Personally it feels like these traits are redundant and not really creative.

Some suggestions on my side:

Companions Might is changed to

Companions Fury:

You and your pet gain fury when using a weaponskill that involves your pet.

This includes:

Hunters Shot

Crippling Shot

Precision Swipe

Maul

Wintersbite

Double Arc

Dart

Feeding Frenzy

This could lead to more tactical OS interaction and more controlled use overall.

Hunterz Gaze: Main part i dislike about this trait is that its might generation feels unsteady and it only gives might to the ranger and not the pet.

So i suggest a change to exactly that. Hunterz Gaze gives might to you and your pet when hitting under the thresshold.

This way it can give might fast to the ranger if comboed right and removes the uncertainty of companions might crit factor.

So now we have a controlled fury generation in BM, thus i want to replace the fury on two handed training with might so you still can have a standalone dmg improvement on this trait.

Any feedback is welcome about this ideas.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> Recently had a discussion with other forum members about might generating traits and how they interact and which of them are better and which one should be changed.

> In addition we discussed the fury generation of the GS trait because it leads to uncontrolled OS instead of tactical use.

>

> So:

> We have to inherent might traits on the adept level.

> One in MM and one in BM.

>

> Hunters Gaze in MM has more stacks of might, but an internal restriction to health threshholds.

>

> Companions Might has steady might generation for your pet and lackluster generation for you because pets dont crit that often. Advantage of this is though that you can WhaO to fast gain might from your pet.

>

> Personally it feels like these traits are redundant and not really creative.

>

> Some suggestions on my side:

>

> Companions Might is changed to

>

> Companions Fury:

> You and your pet gain fury when using a weaponskill that involves your pet.

> This includes:

> Hunters Shot

> Crippling Shot

> Precision Swipe

> Maul

> Wintersbite

> Double Arc

> Dart

> Feeding Frenzy

>

> This could lead to more tactical OS interaction and more controlled use overall.

>

> Hunterz Gaze: Main part i dislike about this trait is that its might generation feels unsteady and it only gives might to the ranger and not the pet.

> So i suggest a change to exactly that. Hunterz Gaze gives might to you and your pet when hitting under the thresshold.

> This way it can give might fast to the ranger if comboed right and removes the uncertainty of companions might crit factor.

>

> So now we have a controlled fury generation in BM, thus i want to replace the fury on two handed training with might so you still can have a standalone dmg improvement on this trait.

>

> Any feedback is welcome about this ideas.

These are solid ideas. I'd welcome seeing them implemented. I agree with needing to control the fury generation especially with opening strike refresh trait in marksmanship.

@"Zuko.7132"

Also i want to mention that the idea if the weaponskills involving your pet are never traitable even though they are kinda unique.

Trait interactions regarding them similar to zeal traits or phantasm traits would be awesome so i made the suggestion with fury.

This would give fury for all weapons and thus the possibility to intwract with MM OS.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> @"Zuko.7132"

>

> Also i want to mention that the idea if the weaponskills involving your pet are never traitable even though they are kinda unique.

> Trait interactions regarding them similar to zeal traits or phantasm traits would be awesome so i made the suggestion with fury.

> This would give fury for all weapons and thus the possibility to intwract with MM OS.

>

Ya i like that. Gives them more flavor.