No Pet Charrs?

Mortifera.6138

> @"Fluffball.8307" said:

> Some humans used to wear the charr faces as clothing. Totes cute but very out of style. Try wearing an awakened face instead, your family will love to laugh at how bad it smells this Easter!

Maybe my charr is intelligent, but a roleplayer. He's a pet in his book!

The charr themselves might have something to say about being treated as pets. Some of them might be cute, but just as many are ferocious, and have a lot of sharp teeth and claws. They are very gruff and don't tend to appreciate condescension. They are also the biggest race, rivaling the norn for height. You'd just as likely lose a hand trying to pet one as hear one purr. Consider the difference between taming a house cat and taming a lion; it can be done, but you need the right one and many have died in the attempts.

Now, if a charr were to volunteer to be a pet, that would be another thing. But most humans still remember when the charr were the enemy, and would suspect foul play. Most times, they'd probably be right, too.

> @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> Some charr faces are actually cute (I named mine 'Charrmeanderer'), so I'm surprised no humans or any other race has adopted at least one as a pet yet?

Dont think on lore charrs have those creation kits "cute" faces, thats just a option Anet gave to players, like pink hair or any other nonsense like that. We have a norn, a Wolf shaman, who have adopted a charr(and many other child of other races), but no, nothing about pets.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> Rivaling the Norns for height? Sir, I’ll have what you’re smoking. Maybe if they could actually stand at an upright human posture. Maybe. And if you count the tail. Other than that, no they are not “rivaling” the Norn.

I was meaning if their spines were completely straight. Even hunched over, though, they are nearly as tall as many norn.

The charr are a species with free will and a fully formed well functioning society so to have them as "pets" might be seen more as kidnapping (catnapping, ha) or slavery? I mean it would just as weird if a Norn found a human or asura was like "Hey, you are smaller than me and cute, come live in my house where you can never leave and I will claim you as my own", or someone decided to pot a sylvari in the corner of their house because they are pretty plants. I'm pretty sure that would cause a lot of people a lot of upset and outrage.

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> You can make a football team and call it "The Tyrian Cats" or something equally feline. Then you hire a Charr to be the team's pet.

> Done.

Why should you limit yourself to that? Just a mascot? It would be far more prudent to hire 35% Norn 65% Charr and make that your football team. Hire an engineer for enhancing elixirs, a sylvari referee, (They bend, thus won't break when violence is used to overturn a ruling.) and an asura trainer, who hopefully will make the game plan only a genius can come up with.

"The Tyrian Cats" has to be rebranded, though. Let's strike a deal with Evon and call it "The Blacklions" he can get the marketing stuff, while you roll in cash due to profitable sponsorship. Natuarally you can sell a calendar with pictures showing Tyria's favourite athletes in their victory poses.

Eventually your roster is chosen to represent the Free City of Lion's Arch in international tournaments. You will go against the teams of: The Kingdom of Kryta, the Duchy of Ebonhawke, the Legions of Blood, Ash, Iron and maybe even Flame (IRL not even totalitarian states can resist the allure of competitive sports), several Shiverpeak rosters (Because Norn don't unify easily and are just that amazing at sports), the Grove, and, yes, Rata Sum. (Unless they field golems, they'll be a joke opponent.)