Suggestion for next elite spec: Savant (working title)

Headcase.4618

(Disclaimer: The following is a repost from another Revenant thread plus some additional text I have added)

Here's my idea for the next elite spec for the revenant; The Savant

What I'd like is for the next elite spec legend to be an asura golemancer (mainly cuz my only rev, so far, is an asura) but I couldn't decide if it should Oola or Zinn that they channel. But recently, I decided why not both? Your rev would would channel two golemancers at once who, given their shared history, would occasionally bicker at each other while the rev tries to play mediator and gets them to try to work together. The weapon I'm considering would be either a scepter, a focus, or both and their utility skills will involve controlling a golem hologram that hovers above the player when active. Also, the elite skill would summon a old model golem to attack enemies and drain the upkeep overtime until deactivated or until the energy meter reaches zero.

For the Savant's mechanics, I want to incorporate something that would play to the two golemancers' strengths. So I am thinking there would be two additional skills (similar to Herald's Facet of Nature, and Renegade's Orders from the Citadel) that allow you to (maybe momentarily) enhance the players weapon skills (just enough to be useful and not OP) by either adding an additional boon/power boost to them (Zinn), or an additional condition/lifesteal (Oola).

Just so we're clear, none of what I suggested is final. So if you have any thoughts and/or criticisms, feel free to let me know.

How does one summon a mechanical robot-like golem from the mists? Just something that bothers me a bit. I'm not into all the tech stuff on my favorite prof personally. I would hope for something Norn based personally, with or without GS, that's marginally unimportant to me. I'd be more interested in making it use animal spirits, huge ghost bear rears up above and roars and aoe fears. Pack of ghost wolves swarm target similar to sword 3 animation, ranged. Just spitballin here, I'm not attached to any of these. I just would prefer it over anything tech related. Sry to derail there. I'm sure many others feel different than I.

Tbh I don't like the techno-revenant idea at all. I think it doesn't fit and it's contradictory to overall rev's theme "shaman/mystic warrior" .

Gameplay wise, I also don't see this working out for rev - since rev seems to aim at place between thief and warrior with bit of ele's flexibility.

I advocate the recent poll result (for next elite-s weapon) - greatsword.

I think what we currently need is a brawler/blademaster legend focused on fighting in the front line - being able to survive by wise and ACTIVE skill use (no passives plz!)

Legend ? Hmmm... Jora naturally comes to mind... However, no one said it has to be Tyrian legend known to players! Considering we are probably heading to Cantha next expansion it could be a local legend, not currently known to northern Tyria (Tyria as a planet, not land). So imagine Canthan swordmaster; a legendary user of two handed blades - wandering swordmaster / ronin archetype as next legend. Ohhh... that would be so cool! Meybe some additional lore to collect/search about him ? That would enhance the immersion in new location and RPG experiance.

For the mechanics, intially i thought about some kind of adrenaline bar, however, it doesn't seem a good idea since rev already handle few types of resources: CD, energy and upkeep. Instead, we could use:

for F skill mechanic - skill which alters mainhand/twohand weapon skill 3 (similar to thief's dual wielding). Activating F2 skill change the weapon skill 3. The altered skills emphasis on blocking and then punishing or dashing attack, depending on weapon used. Skill's CD would be decreased by successfully blocking and dodging attacks via regular skills. That would promote active play, and reinforce focus on brawling/frontline maneuvering gameplay.

Greatsword skills:

1.) autohit ("mist dance") fluid 3 hit combo, with last cut sending out projectile wave in narrow cone (since we already have too much aoe's) - all attacks obviously mist-flavored, with this pretty black-red-white esthetics;

2.) dashing cut ("dashing mists") - traveling 900 distance, dmg everything on it's way - long distance compensated by the narrow width of the travel vector, 1/2 sec execution time, no target skill, invisibility frames during dash (smiliar to hammer 3, but wayyy faster, and foward move only);

3.) thrust ("frigid thrust") - thrust type skill, causing short chill or/and slow, short distance, short execution time - skill meant to be a set up for a bigger hit sort of natural combo set up;

4.) Uppercut slash ("arcing mists") - big hit, another one aside of "dashing mists", cuts upward, 2/3 sec execution, big hit, one target, quite big hitbox / distance for a malee hit, strip 2 boons, and additionally remove stability, if target affected by either slow or chill;

5.) block hit ("black reversal") - blocks all attacks for 1.2 sec. The opponent who dealt the most dmg in the meantime is marked. After successfully blocked skills 5 alters to "back implosion" - For next 10 sec, Revenant can cause marked target to "implode" dealing 150% dmg blocked by the target (equals the biggest hit, not overall dmg dealt) and dazing target for 1,5 sec, if health below 50% stunning; works for 1200 distance; - this is the only hard cc for this weapon;

Heal, ultimate, utilities - stances, physical skills or shouts. All the above having mist theme, to further add flavor to revenant profession; black-red-white misty-wormhole esthetics.

> @"Bart.5296" said:

> Tbh I don't like the techno-revenant idea at all. I think it doesn't fit and it's contradictory to overall rev's theme "shaman/mystic warrior" .

> Gameplay wise, I also don't see this working out for rev - since rev seems to aim at place between thief and warrior with bit of ele's flexibility.

>

> I advocate the recent poll result (for next elite-s weapon) - greatsword.

>

> I think what we currently need is a brawler/blademaster legend focused on fighting in the front line - being able to survive by wise and ACTIVE skill use (no passives plz!)

> Legend ? Hmmm... Jora naturally comes to mind... However, no one said it has to be Tyrian legend known to players! Considering we are probably heading to Cantha next expansion it could be a local legend, not currently known to northern Tyria (Tyria as a planet, not land). So imagine Canthan swordmaster; a legendary user of two handed blades - wandering swordmaster / ronin archetype as next legend. Ohhh... that would be so cool! Meybe some additional lore to collect/search about him ? That would enhance the immersion in new location and RPG experiance.

>

> For the mechanics, intially i thought about some kind of adrenaline bar, however, it doesn't seem a good idea since rev already handle few types of resources: CD, energy and upkeep. Instead, we could use:

>

> for F skill mechanic - skill which alters mainhand/twohand weapon skill 3 (similar to thief's dual wielding). Activating F2 skill change the weapon skill 3. The altered skills emphasis on blocking and then punishing or dashing attack, depending on weapon used. Skill's CD would be decreased by successfully blocking and dodging attacks via regular skills. That would promote active play, and reinforce focus on brawling/frontline maneuvering gameplay.

>

> Greatsword skills:

>

> 1.) autohit ("mist dance") fluid 3 hit combo, with last cut sending out projectile wave in narrow cone (since we already have too much aoe's) - all attacks obviously mist-flavored, with this pretty black-red-white esthetics;

> 2.) dashing cut ("dashing mists") - traveling 900 distance, dmg everything on it's way - long distance compensated by the narrow width of the travel vector, 1/2 sec execution time, no target skill, invisibility frames during dash (smiliar to hammer 3, but wayyy faster, and foward move only);

> 3.) thrust ("frigid thrust") - thrust type skill, causing short chill or/and slow, short distance, short execution time - skill meant to be a set up for a bigger hit sort of natural combo set up;

> 4.) Uppercut slash ("arcing mists") - big hit, another one aside of "dashing mists", cuts upward, 2/3 sec execution, big hit, one target, quite big hitbox / distance for a malee hit, strip 2 boons, and additionally remove stability, if target affected by either slow or chill;

> 5.) block hit ("black reversal") - blocks all attacks for 1.2 sec. The opponent who dealt the most dmg in the meantime is marked. After successfully blocked skills 5 alters to "back implosion" - For next 10 sec, Revenant can cause marked target to "implode" dealing 150% dmg blocked by the target (equals the biggest hit, not overall dmg dealt) and dazing target for 1,5 sec, if health below 50% stunning; works for 1200 distance; - this is the only hard cc for this weapon;

>

> Heal, ultimate, utilities - stances, physical skills or shouts. All the above having mist theme, to further add flavor to revenant profession; black-red-white misty-wormhole esthetics.

>

>

>

>

Did you just describe Shiro with a greatsword?

> @"Headcase.4618" said:

> > @"Bart.5296" said:

> > Tbh I don't like the techno-revenant idea at all. I think it doesn't fit and it's contradictory to overall rev's theme "shaman/mystic warrior" .

> > Gameplay wise, I also don't see this working out for rev - since rev seems to aim at place between thief and warrior with bit of ele's flexibility.

> >

> > I advocate the recent poll result (for next elite-s weapon) - greatsword.

> >

> > I think what we currently need is a brawler/blademaster legend focused on fighting in the front line - being able to survive by wise and ACTIVE skill use (no passives plz!)

> > Legend ? Hmmm... Jora naturally comes to mind... However, no one said it has to be Tyrian legend known to players! Considering we are probably heading to Cantha next expansion it could be a local legend, not currently known to northern Tyria (Tyria as a planet, not land). So imagine Canthan swordmaster; a legendary user of two handed blades - wandering swordmaster / ronin archetype as next legend. Ohhh... that would be so cool! Meybe some additional lore to collect/search about him ? That would enhance the immersion in new location and RPG experiance.

> >

> > For the mechanics, intially i thought about some kind of adrenaline bar, however, it doesn't seem a good idea since rev already handle few types of resources: CD, energy and upkeep. Instead, we could use:

> >

> > for F skill mechanic - skill which alters mainhand/twohand weapon skill 3 (similar to thief's dual wielding). Activating F2 skill change the weapon skill 3. The altered skills emphasis on blocking and then punishing or dashing attack, depending on weapon used. Skill's CD would be decreased by successfully blocking and dodging attacks via regular skills. That would promote active play, and reinforce focus on brawling/frontline maneuvering gameplay.

> >

> > Greatsword skills:

> >

> > 1.) autohit ("mist dance") fluid 3 hit combo, with last cut sending out projectile wave in narrow cone (since we already have too much aoe's) - all attacks obviously mist-flavored, with this pretty black-red-white esthetics;

> > 2.) dashing cut ("dashing mists") - traveling 900 distance, dmg everything on it's way - long distance compensated by the narrow width of the travel vector, 1/2 sec execution time, no target skill, invisibility frames during dash (smiliar to hammer 3, but wayyy faster, and foward move only);

> > 3.) thrust ("frigid thrust") - thrust type skill, causing short chill or/and slow, short distance, short execution time - skill meant to be a set up for a bigger hit sort of natural combo set up;

> > 4.) Uppercut slash ("arcing mists") - big hit, another one aside of "dashing mists", cuts upward, 2/3 sec execution, big hit, one target, quite big hitbox / distance for a malee hit, strip 2 boons, and additionally remove stability, if target affected by either slow or chill;

> > 5.) block hit ("black reversal") - blocks all attacks for 1.2 sec. The opponent who dealt the most dmg in the meantime is marked. After successfully blocked skills 5 alters to "back implosion" - For next 10 sec, Revenant can cause marked target to "implode" dealing 150% dmg blocked by the target (equals the biggest hit, not overall dmg dealt) and dazing target for 1,5 sec, if health below 50% stunning; works for 1200 distance; - this is the only hard cc for this weapon;

> >

> > Heal, ultimate, utilities - stances, physical skills or shouts. All the above having mist theme, to further add flavor to revenant profession; black-red-white misty-wormhole esthetics.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Did you just describe Shiro with a greatsword?

Not quite -

1.) shiro has no dash on weapon set while the utility blink needs target and don't deal any dmg per se;

2.) shiro/sword has no block...it once was, on sword offhand, but it isn't there anymore and certainly not with following mechanic like the one above;

It rather bring 'counter attack' to the mind - but with dual phase mechanics, one target, and "long distance detonation/cc" alter skill;

3.) gs 3 would rather reminds spellbreakers dagger 3 (quick interrupt, very close range) instead of slow homing missiles from sword 2. Especially take a look on it as a setup for gs 4. Or synergy: gs 3, weapon swap + quickness from "song of the mists", then sword 3... that's just ad hoc example....

4.) you consider sword + shiro legend as one unit, which is not always the case;