My Return to GW2 after 5 Years! What's Changed? Any Re-Starter Tips?

Last I played was on 2013 I liked GW2 but got bored after a while plus I was busy with my life, now that I have some time to spare I came across my Guidebook I bought back in 2012.

In your opinion Which Fun Class Should I Try to enjoy playing casualy GW2 the most? and What has Chanced (apart from the Expansions)

So much has changed, it's like a completely different game in some ways.

Basic changes are things like condition damage is different than it was (it stacks higher), healing is more of a thing, raids have been added (expansion content only), gliding and mounts have been added (expansion content only), you can now right click on salvage kits to salvage all blues and greens or all rares at one time (my favorite update), Fractals have changed significantly, new zones have been added, the defiance bar has been added to the game (really important to learn about), we have a new profession (expansion content only), we have elite specializations now, adding new weapons and skills to each class(expansion content only), collections have been added, side stories have been added (formly called current events), masteries have been added (expansion content only), dailies have changed since then...it's a different game. Much better with the expansion content if you ask me.

You've also missed living story Season 2 and 3...and the first episode of Living Story Season 4.

For my money, ranger is my favorite open world profession, though a lot of people like necro as well. Frankly any of the professions can do well in the open world.

Edit: I forgot to mention mega server, account bound dyes, the way the wardrobe works, the way minis work...really the game has been massively overhauled since you've played.

in pve i would use scourge, ranger,guardian or weaver for dps and survivability and solo most champs all condi damage. revenant is useless in anything. power eng is bottom end but ok. the rest of the classes including revenant, i deleted because of low dps and survivability.

Start a new character. So _much_ has changed it would take days to cover. Any pet class should make PvE quite casual and easy from the start. I recommend ranger, necromancer, or mesmer depending on your play style. Other than that, again, best to see for yourself from the start.

Welcome back. ?

• 1 month later...

> @"lukebrincat.8947" said:

> Thanks all for your Comments,

>

> Since then I chose the Ranger which always was my favourite class... just reached Lvl 55, and Im enjoying exploring this beauty of a game!

>

> I Joined a cool new growing guild with an active discord chat.

>

> I'm enjoying it so far :)

I’d recommend buying both expansions, but first you should do the game without the benefits - core without gliders and mounts, and HoT without mounts. It’s fun to go through with all those things, but it’s also fun to go through the first time with only the movement abilities that existed when the map came out