Feedback on the State of the Mesmer [merged]

Why was is thread resurrected. it's pretty out of date. There has already been a big nerf to all Mes builds. Anyone who thinks Mes in general is worse than Scourge who can easily kill your character with an OP passive aura, and whose most complex moves are whether to W, S, D, or A has go to be kidding. At least Mes requires active play. Or how about immortal Spell Breakers who can't be killed by 2 players because they have a perfect immortal skill rotation and helped by bugs that make them even more OP than before (which the Devs obviously think is more acceptable than skills working as intended). What about Holosmith with their ridiculous damage and massive CC radii on about every skill. Insta downing 2-3 people every time they join a team fight. Are you guys for real???

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Vague Memory.2817" said:

> Why was is thread resurrected. it's pretty out of date. There has already been a big nerf to all Mes builds. Anyone who thinks Mes in general is worse than Scourge who can easily kill your character with an OP passive aura, and whose most complex moves are whether to W, S, D, or A has go to be kidding. At least Mes requires active play. Or how about immortal Spell Breakers who can't be killed by 2 players because they have a perfect immortal skill rotation and helped by bugs that make them even more OP than before (which the Devs obviously think is more acceptable than skills working as intended). What about Holosmith with their ridiculous damage and massive CC radii on about every skill. Insta downing 2-3 people every time they join a team fight. Are you guys for real???

Nah mesmer is in a totally good spot. Being able to create visual clutter, and spam clones that follow you for what seems like miles. While having access to mobility.

Mesmers can literally do everything well.

> @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> > @"Vague Memory.2817" said:

> > Why was is thread resurrected. it's pretty out of date. There has already been a big nerf to all Mes builds. Anyone who thinks Mes in general is worse than Scourge who can easily kill your character with an OP passive aura, and whose most complex moves are whether to W, S, D, or A has go to be kidding. At least Mes requires active play. Or how about immortal Spell Breakers who can't be killed by 2 players because they have a perfect immortal skill rotation and helped by bugs that make them even more OP than before (which the Devs obviously think is more acceptable than skills working as intended). What about Holosmith with their ridiculous damage and massive CC radii on about every skill. Insta downing 2-3 people every time they join a team fight. Are you guys for real???

>

> Nah mesmer is in a totally good spot. Being able to create visual clutter, and spam clones that follow you for what seems like miles. While having access to mobility.

>

> Mesmers can literally do everything well.

Equal skilled players, who wins:

Mes Vs Spellbreaker?

Mes Vs Scourge?

Mes Vs Holomith?

Mirage Vs Chrono?

> > @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> > > @"Vague Memory.2817" said:

> > > Why was is thread resurrected. it's pretty out of date. There has already been a big nerf to all Mes builds. Anyone who thinks Mes in general is worse than Scourge who can easily kill your character with an OP passive aura, and whose most complex moves are whether to W, S, D, or A has go to be kidding. At least Mes requires active play. Or how about immortal Spell Breakers who can't be killed by 2 players because they have a perfect immortal skill rotation and helped by bugs that make them even more OP than before (which the Devs obviously think is more acceptable than skills working as intended). What about Holosmith with their ridiculous damage and massive CC radii on about every skill. Insta downing 2-3 people every time they join a team fight. Are you guys for real???

> >

> > Nah mesmer is in a totally good spot. Being able to create visual clutter, and spam clones that follow you for what seems like miles. While having access to mobility.

> >

> > Mesmers can literally do everything well.

>

> Equal skilled players, who wins:

>

> Mes Vs Spellbreaker?

> Mes Vs Scourge?

> Mes Vs Holomith?

> Mirage Vs Chrono?

Mesmer. I think you really underestimate how well a mesmer can both not directly engage targets and how much mobility they have. While dealing consistent damage.

> > > Why was is thread resurrected. it's pretty out of date. There has already been a big nerf to all Mes builds. Anyone who thinks Mes in general is worse than Scourge who can easily kill your character with an OP passive aura, and whose most complex moves are whether to W, S, D, or A has go to be kidding. At least Mes requires active play. Or how about immortal Spell Breakers who can't be killed by 2 players because they have a perfect immortal skill rotation and helped by bugs that make them even more OP than before (which the Devs obviously think is more acceptable than skills working as intended). What about Holosmith with their ridiculous damage and massive CC radii on about every skill. Insta downing 2-3 people every time they join a team fight. Are you guys for real???

> >

> > Nah mesmer is in a totally good spot. Being able to create visual clutter, and spam clones that follow you for what seems like miles. While having access to mobility.

> >

>

>

> Mes Vs Spellbreaker?

> Mes Vs Scourge?

> Mes Vs Holomith?

> Mirage Vs Chrono?

If we score them;

Mesmer 50 - 50 Spellbreaker

Mesmer 85 - 15 Scourge

Mesmer 70 - 30 Holosmith

Mirage 35 - 65 Chrono at the moment.

Edit : Bad maths

> @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> > > @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> > > > @"Vague Memory.2817" said:

> > > > Why was is thread resurrected. it's pretty out of date. There has already been a big nerf to all Mes builds. Anyone who thinks Mes in general is worse than Scourge who can easily kill your character with an OP passive aura, and whose most complex moves are whether to W, S, D, or A has go to be kidding. At least Mes requires active play. Or how about immortal Spell Breakers who can't be killed by 2 players because they have a perfect immortal skill rotation and helped by bugs that make them even more OP than before (which the Devs obviously think is more acceptable than skills working as intended). What about Holosmith with their ridiculous damage and massive CC radii on about every skill. Insta downing 2-3 people every time they join a team fight. Are you guys for real???

> > >

> > > Nah mesmer is in a totally good spot. Being able to create visual clutter, and spam clones that follow you for what seems like miles. While having access to mobility.

> > >

> > > Mesmers can literally do everything well.

> >

> > Equal skilled players, who wins:

> >

> > Mes Vs Spellbreaker?

> > Mes Vs Scourge?

> > Mes Vs Holomith?

> > Mirage Vs Chrono?

>

> Mesmer. I think you really underestimate how well a mesmer can both not directly engage targets and how much mobility they have. While dealing consistent damage.

Lol , been playing Mes as my main for 6 years. I don't underestimate Mes. The issue some people have with Mesmers has always been the combination of stealth, clones and Phants. No matter what they do to Mes there are people who just won't like fighting them. Also I played when Mes was weak, but Mes players were very skillful if they stuck with the class, and people still complained back then. Thing is if you have a high skill ceiling for a long time on on any class and then lower it dramatically, those players become gods, because they fought and won with virtually nothing, and now they have something good, they are much better.

Oh and you didn't answer any of my 4 questions.

> > > > @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Vague Memory.2817" said:

> > > > > Why was is thread resurrected. it's pretty out of date. There has already been a big nerf to all Mes builds. Anyone who thinks Mes in general is worse than Scourge who can easily kill your character with an OP passive aura, and whose most complex moves are whether to W, S, D, or A has go to be kidding. At least Mes requires active play. Or how about immortal Spell Breakers who can't be killed by 2 players because they have a perfect immortal skill rotation and helped by bugs that make them even more OP than before (which the Devs obviously think is more acceptable than skills working as intended). What about Holosmith with their ridiculous damage and massive CC radii on about every skill. Insta downing 2-3 people every time they join a team fight. Are you guys for real???

> > > >

> > > > Nah mesmer is in a totally good spot. Being able to create visual clutter, and spam clones that follow you for what seems like miles. While having access to mobility.

> > > >

> > > > Mesmers can literally do everything well.

> > >

> > > Equal skilled players, who wins:

> > >

> > > Mes Vs Spellbreaker?

> > > Mes Vs Scourge?

> > > Mes Vs Holomith?

> > > Mirage Vs Chrono?

> >

> > Mesmer. I think you really underestimate how well a mesmer can both not directly engage targets and how much mobility they have. While dealing consistent damage.

>

> Lol , been playing Mes as my main for 6 years. I don't underestimate Mes. The issue some people have with Mesmers has always been the combination of stealth, clones and Phants. No matter what they do to Mes there are people who just won't like fighting them. Also I played when Mes was weak, but Mes players were very skillful if they stuck with the class, and people still complained back then. Thing is if you have a high skill ceiling for a long time on on any class and then lower it dramatically, those players become gods, because they fought and won with virtually nothing, and now they have something good, they are much better.

>

> Oh and you didn't answer any of my 4 questions.

But I did. I simply answered with "Mesmer". You clearly do. Or you are failing to see how easily they could win the majority of those matchups easily.

> >

> >

>

>

> Mes Vs Spellbreaker?

> Mes Vs Scourge?

> Mes Vs Holomith?

> Mirage Vs Chrono?

Mes

Mes

Mes

Chrono

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> > > > @"Vague Memory.2817" said:

> > > > Why was is thread resurrected. it's pretty out of date. There has already been a big nerf to all Mes builds. Anyone who thinks Mes in general is worse than Scourge who can easily kill your character with an OP passive aura, and whose most complex moves are whether to W, S, D, or A has go to be kidding. At least Mes requires active play. Or how about immortal Spell Breakers who can't be killed by 2 players because they have a perfect immortal skill rotation and helped by bugs that make them even more OP than before (which the Devs obviously think is more acceptable than skills working as intended). What about Holosmith with their ridiculous damage and massive CC radii on about every skill. Insta downing 2-3 people every time they join a team fight. Are you guys for real???

> > >

> > > Nah mesmer is in a totally good spot. Being able to create visual clutter, and spam clones that follow you for what seems like miles. While having access to mobility.

> > >

> > > Mesmers can literally do everything well.

> >

> > Equal skilled players, who wins:

> >

> > Mes Vs Spellbreaker?

> > Mes Vs Scourge?

> > Mes Vs Holomith?

> > Mirage Vs Chrono?

>

> Mes

> Mes

> Mes

> Chrono

>

-shrugs- I definitely win most mesmers I run into on Holo.

> @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Vague Memory.2817" said:

> > > > > Why was is thread resurrected. it's pretty out of date. There has already been a big nerf to all Mes builds. Anyone who thinks Mes in general is worse than Scourge who can easily kill your character with an OP passive aura, and whose most complex moves are whether to W, S, D, or A has go to be kidding. At least Mes requires active play. Or how about immortal Spell Breakers who can't be killed by 2 players because they have a perfect immortal skill rotation and helped by bugs that make them even more OP than before (which the Devs obviously think is more acceptable than skills working as intended). What about Holosmith with their ridiculous damage and massive CC radii on about every skill. Insta downing 2-3 people every time they join a team fight. Are you guys for real???

> > > >

> > > > Nah mesmer is in a totally good spot. Being able to create visual clutter, and spam clones that follow you for what seems like miles. While having access to mobility.

> > > >

> > > > Mesmers can literally do everything well.

> > >

> > > Equal skilled players, who wins:

> > >

> > > Mes Vs Spellbreaker?

> > > Mes Vs Scourge?

> > > Mes Vs Holomith?

> > > Mirage Vs Chrono?

> >

> > Mes

> > Mes

> > Mes

> > Chrono

> >

>

> -shrugs- I definitely win most mesmers I run into on Holo.

And I win most holos I run into on mesmer.

You guys are delusional. I'm playing matches everyday and 1v1 the mes will get killed by a spell breaker 95% of time. Mirage runs away most of the time. I don't see many classes that can stand toe to toe with Spell breaker at the moment, they are broken. Obviously there are no serious people in this thread. It's just bash Mes because you don't like fighting them. Au revoir.

> You guys are delusional. I'm playing matches everyday and 1v1 the mes will get killed by a spell breaker 95% of time. Mirage runs away most of the time. I don't see many classes that can stand toe to toe with Spell breaker at the moment, they are broken. Obviously there are no serious people in this thread. It's just bash Mes because you don't like fighting them. Au revoir.

Lol this is me for sure. I play mirage and i get rekt by spell breakers. But I've just assumed it was a l2p issue for me which it is BUT its nice to hear im not the only one struggling :)

> Obviously there are no serious people in this thread. It's just bash Mes because you don't like fighting them. Au revoir.

You do realize that half the people requesting nerfs to Mesmer (even Odik.) are Mesmer players right? Oh wait, you don't.

> @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > Obviously there are no serious people in this thread. It's just bash Mes because you don't like fighting them. Au revoir.

>

> You do realize that half the people requesting nerfs to Mesmer (even Odik.) are Mesmer players right? Oh wait, you don't.

What you mean **EVEN** me ? I'm not Itchwlen xD

> You guys are delusional. I'm playing matches everyday and 1v1 the mes will get killed by a spell breaker 95% of time. Mirage runs away most of the time. I don't see many classes that can stand toe to toe with Spell breaker at the moment, they are broken. Obviously there are no serious people in this thread. It's just bash Mes because you don't like fighting them. Au revoir.

You don't stand toe to toe to Spell breakers. You kite them and abuse Phase retreat until they've wasted their active defenses and then you go in for the kill.

Most of the time it's not a matter of whether a mesmer can kill a Spellbreaker, but whether it's time efficient to do so and if you can do it before the Spellbreaker gets reinforcements. It's usually not.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > You guys are delusional. I'm playing matches everyday and 1v1 the mes will get killed by a spell breaker 95% of time. Mirage runs away most of the time. I don't see many classes that can stand toe to toe with Spell breaker at the moment, they are broken. Obviously there are no serious people in this thread. It's just bash Mes because you don't like fighting them. Au revoir.

>

> You don't stand toe to toe to Spell breakers. You kite them and abuse Phase retreat until they've wasted their active defenses and then you go in for the kill.

>

> Most of the time it's not a matter of whether a mesmer can kill a Spellbreaker, but whether it's time efficient to do so and if you can do it before the Spellbreaker gets reinforcements. It's usually not.

Yes but by kiting them don't you lose the node?

> @"Sampson.2403" said:

> > > You guys are delusional. I'm playing matches everyday and 1v1 the mes will get killed by a spell breaker 95% of time. Mirage runs away most of the time. I don't see many classes that can stand toe to toe with Spell breaker at the moment, they are broken. Obviously there are no serious people in this thread. It's just bash Mes because you don't like fighting them. Au revoir.

> >

> > You don't stand toe to toe to Spell breakers. You kite them and abuse Phase retreat until they've wasted their active defenses and then you go in for the kill.

> >

> > Most of the time it's not a matter of whether a mesmer can kill a Spellbreaker, but whether it's time efficient to do so and if you can do it before the Spellbreaker gets reinforcements. It's usually not.

>

> Yes but by kiting them don't you lose the node?

Winning the fight is what matters. Dead enemies cannot hold nodes.

> @"Sampson.2403" said:

> > > You guys are delusional. I'm playing matches everyday and 1v1 the mes will get killed by a spell breaker 95% of time. Mirage runs away most of the time. I don't see many classes that can stand toe to toe with Spell breaker at the moment, they are broken. Obviously there are no serious people in this thread. It's just bash Mes because you don't like fighting them. Au revoir.

> >

> > You don't stand toe to toe to Spell breakers. You kite them and abuse Phase retreat until they've wasted their active defenses and then you go in for the kill.

> >

> > Most of the time it's not a matter of whether a mesmer can kill a Spellbreaker, but whether it's time efficient to do so and if you can do it before the Spellbreaker gets reinforcements. It's usually not.

>

> Yes but by kiting them don't you lose the node?

It's generally why picking a fight with a spellbreaker isn't worth it in terms of time management unless you're bunker chrono. But at the end of the day it's more important lose the node in a 1v1 but win the fight and pick up the node in your leisure than just run onto the node and lose the fight.

And if you can bait them off the point and decap then drop a portal and run away you've already made a good play anyway.

> Why was is thread resurrected. it's pretty out of date. There has already been a big nerf to all Mes builds. Anyone who thinks Mes in general is worse than Scourge who can easily kill your character with an OP passive aura, and whose most complex moves are whether to W, S, D, or A has go to be kidding. At least Mes requires active play. Or how about immortal Spell Breakers who can't be killed by 2 players because they have a perfect immortal skill rotation and helped by bugs that make them even more OP than before (which the Devs obviously think is more acceptable than skills working as intended). What about Holosmith with their ridiculous damage and massive CC radii on about every skill. Insta downing 2-3 people every time they join a team fight. Are you guys for real???

?? The only nerf to mesmer since this thread went live was changing SotE to only refunding 50% of the phantasm skill CDs in PvP instead of the full CD. So what part of this thread is out of date exactly?

[Tomorrow there is a huge fan run tournament with a $2,000 cash reward being hosted by WoodenPotatoes and Roy](

"Tomorrow there is a huge fan run tournament with a $2,000 cash reward being hosted by WoodenPotatoes and Roy").

**Chronomancer is banned from this tournament.**

Chronomancer is Brawl Metaknight levels of overpowered.