What to do after max lvl boost for WvW?

I am **only** interested in WvW zerg fights. I can also do some other things too if it will make my character better for WvW.

**Question:** What to do after the character boost to make my character better for WvW? Do I have to grind something or collect something?

_I have played core version of gw2 several years ago. I have also played wow several years ago.

I have already read lots of threads that are suggesting not to use boost. But I am not interested in questing, exploration, storyline and etc. I understand that people might like all this but people are different and have different tastes and interests. My only interest in this game is massive zerg WvW. Please don't suggest to not to use boost._

Boost usage has nothing to do with exploration etc. It has to do with knowing your class. That being said, WvW requires more than average knowledge of class, traits and build usage. Now, about that WvW question, it depends on which class you have chosen. Metabattle has some general tips on "Meta" builds, I would try there first.

> @"Annihilator.2617" said:

> > @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > Get full ascended Gear, runes, sigils and infusions. Thats about it

>

> Where and how?

In WvW, there are reward tracks. Use them to earn things. I don't think you can get ascended but you can get mats. or ascended as a random lucky drop? I think that happens lok.

And through WvW tokens (can't remember what they're called), you can buy ascended recipes. (Have to unlock some of them through certain tracks).

Then you have to craft ascended.

I guarantuee getting your crafting skill up via WvW rewards only, is a fair amount of grind.

There are also WvW levels to earn which give upgrades useable in WvW.

Keep in mind, a good player in exotics will always beat a bad player in ascended. Player skill matters more than gear level in this game.

Tho gear stat sets do matter.

The only thing you "have" to do, is get the right build in exotics for your class and play style. This can be done gradually vua reward tracks.

After that, just play. Have fun.

Just play and Have fun.

Try also to drop any wowlike approach ( more equipment, farm, lvling, etc... ).

Gw2 is meant for exotic equipment, and some consumables could easy fill the gap between ascended and exotics, so if you get killed inside wvw or find hard to play, it's probably not because equipment.

Indeed you could also work toward ascended equipment, but I suggest you to try to do this as "passive stuff".

Your top priority should be to log in in order to have fun, or else you will find yourself farming for nothing, which is skin, meaningless better stats and so on.

Seeing as it sounds like your a little new to the mode it may be in your best interest to find a WvW guild on your server. Not sure which server your on but most every server has a few good ones floating around who are always recruiting. They can help show you the ropes like where your class fits best and how to play it, what you should be running and how to get it, where and when to use siege, what different things on the map are, and the finer things of WvW and you'll learn more through playing with them than you will as a random pug on your own.

> @"Annihilator.2617" said:

> > @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > Get full ascended Gear, runes, sigils and infusions. Thats about it

>

> Where and how?

Many methods. You can do it in wvw when you find a squad and go with them. And just farm the thing till you get enough currency to get those. If you never spent the laurels you can buy ascended trinkets there off the bat.

There’s fractals. Same thing. Doing the dailies and you get the currency to buy trinkets.

Ranked pvp gives you ascended shards each time you finish a chest. You buy them in pvp lobby. Good thing is winning or losing you still get rewarded. However winning gives you more experience then losing.

If you have living world season 3, every map in there can give a back pack I think. But bitterfrost is far easier between all maps. If your not worrying about vipers. And your getting berserkers, it should be way easier to get.

Then there is crafting. Crafting is always a good way. It’s not as fast however it’s a medium speed to get the gear. But you still have to get trinkets.

In order by speed of getting ascended

Fractals and wvw are kinda even. Or atleast wvw goes ahead by just a little.

Then there’s crafting gear. Only thing is if you like to farm go ahead. If not, fractal the dang thing, get gold from t1s, then buy mats and make your crafting tiers go higher.

Last is pvp. People will say it’s fast.... not really. If you have a good team? Ok. But that’s rarely happening. You most likely will get a bad team, then rarely get an evenly matched team. So it’s will vary 6-12 mins per match. Then depending how long to finish the chest because it’s by match. Let’s say 2-3 hours on finishing the first chest. But when you complete them the chests get longer to get.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> Boost usage has nothing to do with exploration etc. It has to do with knowing your class. That being said, WvW requires more than average knowledge of class, traits and build usage. Now, about that WvW question, it depends on which class you have chosen. Metabattle has some general tips on "Meta" builds, I would try there first.

WvW used to require a little more understanding of your build/class.. these days players just hide in a mass and play scourgezergwars.

Copycatting a metabattle build does not make you better or more aware of your class.. that comes from actually playing it and learning what works for you and what doesn't.. you also need to learn how to counter stuff, about cleanses, boons etc.. - copycatting doesn't teach you that especially if your playstyle is doesn't suit the build

If you're looking to maximize your character, as far as gear, then understand that you will not be able to without crafting, or doing PvE stuff. WvW has ascended gear but it requires you to have make the grandmaster marks, which requires the ability to make ascended gear. If you don't want to craft then you will only be able to get ascended trinkets, and you will have to wear exotics for armor/weapons.

If you decide to venture out and do other things, other than WvW, to acquire ascended gear, then I'll have to tell you to go look at the wiki, and other sources, cuz there's way too many ways in PvE to get that stuff for me to list everything.