September Monthly Automated Tournament Delayed to 9/24

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang I was going to win but I can't make it tomorrow. Even tho I wont be able to make it and I'm being kittened out of my sure thing win I still think it should be tomorrow. Next week is too far off and would completely ruin the scheduled ATs for next month. Tomorrow is 100% the better choice and I look forward to watching from work, because even tho I totally would have won I understand that in the end its just a game, so y u haff to be so mad buddy?

also how can you guarantee that the issues will be resolved tomorrow? it only keeps getting worse, instances don't work and loading screens take 5 minutes. just rescheulde it for next week so we are sure the clownfiesta won't happen. for example today in AT we had 1v5 becausae everyone else got kicked to hotm for some reason after loading screen crashed.

> @Thunderbird.4298 said:

>

> As a fulltime student, the majority of my income is made on the weekends. I asked off weeks in advance on this specific date and time, I understand that the quality of the tournament is at stake with impending bugs but more time is needed.

>

> Moving the tournament by one day changed this event into a lottery, my team which has spent the better half of this month meticulously gathering QP for proper placement has been split from five players to just two. Preparations have been made by all teams for today, tomorrow will ensure that only a lucky few will have the potential to play at the level they would have today. Steelrage, notoriousnaru, darek, xtrverz are all players posting responses in favor of have the tournament continue tomorrow. The lucky few with their full team while I, and many others won't even be able to participate.

>

> Without a doubt, this expansion is the best, it’s a shame that the first tournament will consist of only a fraction of the players that planned to be there. Moving it to next Saturday will give time for players to adjust to the new meta and ensure teams will be on an even playing field.

>

> Again, the individuals hoping to play tomorrow are on the same team and would hold an overwhelming advantage. Tomorrow would be a lottery and the tournament would be meaningless, today would of been perfect but next week is the only alternative.

> Zalpharx.8235, Xtrverz, and Helio.3054 are the same person trying to force a popular opinion, once again on the team mentioned above. This would allow his team to play and many others to not, if that’s not the definition of match manipulation I don’t know what is.

> Thank you for your time

>

this, literally all of this, summed up perfectly, thank you.

Next week plz.

As an Asian player, we have to play tournament at 3~7 a.m.(depend on different country) on Sunday. It is ok for me and my teammates.

But if you want to delay only one day, we have to do it at 3 a.m. on Monday!!

We have to work.... It is impossible for us that playing GW2 when we have to work... sigh

• ArenaNet Staff

Thanks for all your feedback everyone. After careful thought, we've decided we're going to continue with our original plan to have the tournament tomorrow.

Several teams are inconvenienced no matter which day we choose. Additionally, delaying the tournament a week would give people less time to gather QP for October's tournament.

As to the question on whether the connectivity issues will be resolved by tomorrow, I can only say that it's currently our top priority. If tomorrow comes and the problems have not been resolved, then we will likely have to move to next Saturday by necessity.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

hey guys can we delay it until 24hrs after next expac? without being able to abuse the chance of finding broken builds in the first 24hrs, before everyone else does, i cant make up for my lack in skill & rotationwise-knowledge. this is clearly unfair to lower skilled players who want to get the Best of the Best title.

Well this is not good. i did not read the forums till now, i had the old forums booked marked so i did not see these. And i think the times for the tournament about an hour till it started was for today. I am busy tomorrow and probably busy next week. I was wanting the easy money and stuff from the tournment and was exicited i was finally going to get the reward for once. Guess not. maybe anet will be nice and still send me the qualifying reward for this tournament for people who have the qualifying points and signed on during the time for the tournament. should get top 16 reward reward but qualifying is better then nothing.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> Thanks for all your feedback everyone. After careful thought, we've decided we're going to continue with our original plan to have the tournament tomorrow.

>

> Several teams are inconvenienced no matter which day we choose. Additionally, delaying the tournament a week would give people less time to gather QP for October's tournament.

>

> As to the question on whether the connectivity issues will be resolved by tomorrow, I can only say that it's currently our top priority. If tomorrow comes and the problems have not been resolved, then we will likely have to move to next Saturday by necessity.

>

> Again, sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

this is in such poor taste what a waste of an entire month of preparation to be called off a day before hand and given only a single day to realign peoples real life schedules, this is honestly a joke.

> Thanks for all your feedback everyone. After careful thought, we've decided we're going to continue with our original plan to have the tournament tomorrow.

>

> Several teams are inconvenienced no matter which day we choose. Additionally, delaying the tournament a week would give people less time to gather QP for October's tournament.

>

> As to the question on whether the connectivity issues will be resolved by tomorrow, I can only say that it's currently our top priority. If tomorrow comes and the problems have not been resolved, then we will likely have to move to next Saturday by necessity.

>

Great decision, and I do hope as many as possible that participates tomorrows streams it for tons of viewers, will be exciting!

>

>

>

Good decision. A big thanks from the cronies.