Dear Anet Team

Toron.4856

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > (b) The fact that there are 1.1k comments doesn't take into account that some people are rabid in their condemnation of the current state of mesmers ... and keep posting largely the same comment. And that some — equally rabid — supporters of the status quo do the same.

> >

> > That's exactly what it DOES take into account, lol.

> >

> > Btw, I've discussed this with the mesmer mains on that thread and overwhelmingly they agree mesmer is broke. What they don't agree on is people asking anet to gut the class entirely or how bad the nerf should be.

>

> As a mesmer main I can't even enter that thread anymore due to how little most people are willing to listen as to what is actually wrong with mesmer, and not being able to hold a real conversation as to where nerfs should be implemented.

That’s because mesmer mains like yourself mostly offer under nerfs that may make it more managable but still a must have in any team and decisively a part of the top 3 classes dominating the meta.

Just deal with it that maybe people are sick of mesmer dictating the meta since hot.

It’ll still have a meta spot due to portal.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > could we have any feedback on what your gonna do about mesmers?

> >

> > theres a mega threat with 1.1k comments and like 20 more posts about mesmers complains per forum page.

> >

> > isnt it obvious that everyone wants something to be done about it?

> >

> > its so unenjoyable facing 2 chronos everytime game you que.

> >

> > so yeah.. could we please have a statement on what your plans are?? please? anything would be appreciated... dont let us play this awful pvp season without knowing how long the mesmer train is gonna last.

> >

> > thx

>

> I can't say much right now, except that the Systems team (Skills & Balance + Competitive) are well aware that mesmers are a huge concern for the community right now. We're looking at them and discussing various ideas for changes.

Please reduce the visuals of mesmers so that the player character models can load. Can't fight against invisible players due to clone/phantasm spamming

> @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > could we have any feedback on what your gonna do about mesmers?

> > >

> > > theres a mega threat with 1.1k comments and like 20 more posts about mesmers complains per forum page.

> > >

> > > isnt it obvious that everyone wants something to be done about it?

> > >

> > > its so unenjoyable facing 2 chronos everytime game you que.

> > >

> > > so yeah.. could we please have a statement on what your plans are?? please? anything would be appreciated... dont let us play this awful pvp season without knowing how long the mesmer train is gonna last.

> > >

> > > thx

> >

> > I can't say much right now, except that the Systems team (Skills & Balance + Competitive) are well aware that mesmers are a huge concern for the community right now. We're looking at them and discussing various ideas for changes.

>

> bring back power meta plz

it's already a power meta....the hell have u been?

> @"Espada.2158" said:

> > @"bLind.6278" said:

> > > @"michelada.2947" said:

> > > League of Legends have a big patch every month and a minor patch every 2 weeks, why can't we have this?

> >

> > Because LoL has a dev team that gives a kitten about PvP.

> >

> > GW2 does not.

>

> You must be stupid. Did you forgot about PvE,WvW,Spvp they have 3 to focus and rework at the same time, obv ur brain don't give a kitten to what comes out ur mouth.

Smart enough to decipher the dumpster fire that you just tried your damndest to get out coherently, I guess.

And Anet has chosen to focus on the three different models in the manner they have. They just started doing splits between game modes, and what they did was a lip service at best. At this point, though, they've shown that they can split skills, and the fact that they haven't done anything in regard to follow up adjustments since the initial changes (like any dev team that actually cared would do given the near unanimous opinion of the playerbase) just shows that they don't value their PvP base at all.

Riot makes constant small adjustments to try and keep the game balanced for over 150 champions, and does a damned good job (from what I hear, I haven't played LoL in five years or so). Anet makes sweeping, heavy handed adjustments every 4-6 months and doesn't make any fixes for another 4-6 months after if something is over or under-tuned. The playerbase would be far more receptive to performance changes if Anet made them reliably. Instead if a 20% nerf, try a 10% nerf to start and then adjust it up or down from there depending on how it performs after.

After awhile, the game will be balanced and the devs can go back to making outfits and mount skins because the development cycle in an MMO is so long. Instead, there are two to three adjustments made TOTAL per year, possibly five or less over the entire length of an expansion. That's not okay, nor is defending that sort of behavior, especially with incoherent personal attacks from someone who likely needed permission from their parents to log onto the website.

> @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > could we have any feedback on what your gonna do about mesmers?

> > >

> > > theres a mega threat with 1.1k comments and like 20 more posts about mesmers complains per forum page.

> > >

> > > isnt it obvious that everyone wants something to be done about it?

> > >

> > > its so unenjoyable facing 2 chronos everytime game you que.

> > >

> > > so yeah.. could we please have a statement on what your plans are?? please? anything would be appreciated... dont let us play this awful pvp season without knowing how long the mesmer train is gonna last.

> > >

> > > thx

> >

> > I can't say much right now, except that the Systems team (Skills & Balance + Competitive) are well aware that mesmers are a huge concern for the community right now. We're looking at them and discussing various ideas for changes.

>

> It would probably be a good idea to give the community some kind of idea and drop the "i cant say" stuff. att his point people want some kind of answers/indication of what you guys are going to do. We are well past the point of be patient. Without action soon this game mode is going to die faster that you guys think. Already its a mess. Refuse to communicate much more and it'll become a dead mode. A ghost town.

>

The "I can't say" is because they actually can't say yet. Throwing ideas out willy-nilly could lead to the wrong impressions and result in hasty and shoddy work.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > > could we have any feedback on what your gonna do about mesmers?

> > > >

> > > > theres a mega threat with 1.1k comments and like 20 more posts about mesmers complains per forum page.

> > > >

> > > > isnt it obvious that everyone wants something to be done about it?

> > > >

> > > > its so unenjoyable facing 2 chronos everytime game you que.

> > > >

> > > > so yeah.. could we please have a statement on what your plans are?? please? anything would be appreciated... dont let us play this awful pvp season without knowing how long the mesmer train is gonna last.

> > > >

> > > > thx

> > >

> > > I can't say much right now, except that the Systems team (Skills & Balance + Competitive) are well aware that mesmers are a huge concern for the community right now. We're looking at them and discussing various ideas for changes.

> >

> > It would probably be a good idea to give the community some kind of idea and drop the "i cant say" stuff. att his point people want some kind of answers/indication of what you guys are going to do. We are well past the point of be patient. Without action soon this game mode is going to die faster that you guys think. Already its a mess. Refuse to communicate much more and it'll become a dead mode. A ghost town.

> >

>

> The "I can't say" is because they actually can't say yet. Throwing ideas out willy-nilly could lead to the wrong impressions and result in hasty and shoddy work.

The work and impressions couldn't get too much poorer than they already are. At this point its like just tell us what you have in mind before its time to give up the ghost.

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> >

> > theres a mega threat with 1.1k comments and like 20 more posts about mesmers complains per forum page.

> >

> >

> >

> > so yeah.. could we please have a statement on what your plans are?? please? anything would be appreciated... dont let us play this awful pvp season without knowing how long the mesmer train is gonna last.

> >

> > thx

>

> I can't say much right now, except that the Systems team (Skills & Balance + Competitive) are well aware that mesmers are a huge concern for the community right now. We're looking at them and discussing various ideas for changes.

PLEASE DO MORE often SMALLER BALANCE PATCH. If you guys see a class like Mesmer now that is doing to much damage tune down the numbers a bit and roll it out.

What I want to know is how in the world nothing was done in the last patch. We knew they were a problem since the phantasm changes were made. I play mesmer and I can't even stand contributing to the visual clutter and pure dumbness this class currently is.

My question is how in the world do they not fix things and continue to ignore known issues? We have already suffered through bad class balance patch after bad class balance patch. Eventually there comes a time when you need to actually suck it up and realize you made some bad decisions with balance and make some drastic changes. I'm sorry Anet but you need to let players test things and then actually LISTEN to them. It shouldn't take 1k comments about something for you to actually realize something needs to be changed.

In another MMO I played in the past there was a Public test server where all class changes were reviewed by the players (who actually volunteered to test) and commented on those changes beforehand. That way any adjustments were made before those changes going live and there were no major complaints from the community.

Another thing in their PvP system was that every class had its hard counter. So for example the tank should beat the thief, the thief had an advantage over the wizard who in turn had an advantage over the tank. Not that it was not possible to overcome the odds but this provided some balance and coordinated gameplay which was interesting.

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > thx

>

Please don't gut the class, this rework is the best thing you could have done and should be done to all classes but a lot of people are screaming for blanket nerfs to the whole class and I'm not keen on seeing another good class get gutted down like Ele was into Rev tier quality.

Some of us know the moment you nerf Mesmer, Holo and Thief will be the next thing people complain about because those are 2 classes that can be beaten by Mes and not really by other classes. (personal experience that opinion, I don't die on Holo unless its a Mes killing me, can't disengage on thief with a Mes chasing either.)

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > thx

>

I know you guys are thinking through for a good permanent fix, but I really do not think whatever fix you come up with can wait for a balance patch post season. Chronophantasma and Signet of the Ether are problematic enough to deserve an immediate emergency fix.

While I like how the reworked changed mesmer gameplay and made Phantasm skills more impactful, you can't have these skills be impactful while also having one trait and one healing skill literally quadruple their damage, on top of the visual noise it creates. It is problematic enough to deserve a hotfix of "Chronophantsma and Signet of the Ether are disabled for PvP only" hotfix until a permanent solution is made.

That's good to hear. I hope you're just going to go by internal testing instead of listening to the unreasonable suggestions all over the forums at present. It's just a couple of traits and utilities in combination with one another that are causing issues with mass illusion generation - namely Chronomancer stuff. A lot of the other complaints about stuff like Mirage Cloak are unwarranted.

A ranged/melee/AoE rework needs to be done entirely. With the build diversity available ANYTHING that can be considered Ranged HAS to be at a defensive cost, and therefore less dps due to the fact most melee skills cannot even touch the ranged player. Melee have to play against Ranged , Melee and AoE. You give ANY profession the ability to do all the above as dps threats well who in their right mind would think they could compete. I tried to make a melee , with no extra screen cluttering stuff Mesmer and you simply can't. Mes with greatsword melee type, not even possible lol. But a warrior has to pick a rifle or bow to have range to come close. IT's the age old DnD syndrome. YES range is deadly ( in the real world ) So why not do it. AoE IS deadly (scourge , and great Ele ) so why not do it. Melee is the last resort of any combat ( hence the shank ) Giving Melee type buffs to any ranged class means they will be in melee without any disadvantage. For PvP to be less one sided either the RnG algorithm needs to be looked at or the Game Type does. Conquest is HORRIBLE for any Player versus Player scenario. So is Deathmatch. Every competitive sport with 5 V 5 is essentially the same. Basketball ( not popular at all btw ) has no such mechanic. Hockey ( ikr ) Neither. There are tried and true games out there that have existed for almost a 100 years that don't use the conquest mechanic, SO why not try that ?

Furthermore. If balance in PvP is the goal the terrain itself needs a rework. Eternal Colosseum is the closest thing we have to a true playing field. Capture the flag or something else besides, conquest or stronghold. The goal of most points over time is great, as long as those points are not based off of having to make a build JUST to babysit a spot on the ground. Where is the fun in that ? Bunkers are cool. Better if they get to play with others except the ones that make a bunker buster, or another bunker, or an invisible guy with two pistols that just have to wait and snipe. Some may like the stealthy assassin type. To have a mechanic that promotes a TEAM loss due to not having a counter is just "kitten" . The Devs should play the ranked system they make , just like we do and actually see what their decisions provide the players.