Leather/cloth gathering glyphs are common-sense defiling.

Dressed humanoids and beasts already drop gear(aka cloth and leather)or bags containing mats. I'm fine with the change and I'm curious on what will happen to the prices of leather and cloth.

On the other hand...

1/10 totally immersion breaking. Would not buy.

If I, wearing my quaggan-bff(who is also my shield), cat-ears and sparkly fractal backipiece, shoot my harvesting laser cannon at some seaweed, I want it to gather additional unbound magic, just like in real life. Gathering leather, cloth or sprockets from plants, rocks or trees makes no sense.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"lady.2106" said:

> > Wool, flax and cotton are from plants, so at least harvesting makes sense.

>

> Wool is from *sheep*.

Ups morning coffee time alert. I was reading about wool-plant "alloys" like hemp which I forgot to edit/ add properly. Basically, the point I was intending to make then lost the article was that as plants were sometimes used to "subsidize" wool it would make sense to farm wool from plants.

Thanks though; I'm well aware that wool comes from sheep :) and goats aka cashmere.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> There has been someone going around hiding stashes in every tree in the world. You choose now to start talking about common sense?

>

> Also animals do drop hides and humanoids drop bags with crafting materials.

Sure, but I can make a cheeseburger and keep it in my backpack for months, and at the end, it's still edible, rather than a source of food poisoning.

And I can cast a fireball on that group of enemies and my ally who's standing in the middle of them will be unharmed.

Summary: best not to look too closely at what goes on in MMORPGs.

You know how ancient trees grow every 2hrs? And how ore nodes extrude from the earth in the same way? Glyphs are a way to communicate with mother tyria to unlock her bounty. Why complain about her helping her children fight against those wicked elder dragons. It makes perfect sense once you attune yourself better to our world, and stop measuring things by alternate realities.

Every gathering node in the world has a corresponding node of the same or different type an alternate universe. The glyphs allow you a chance to gather across dimensional barriers. The type of glyph used determines whether you reach into a dimension with the same type of node or into one with a different node. Of course this is based on asura magitech so it works only about a third of the time.

Those crazy asura and their amazing inventions will get us all killed by attracting interdimensional horrors one of these days...but at least Ive got a little extra leather on hand now.