The state of PvP (after the 27/3/2018 balance patch)

Dostymen.1269

> @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

> If a ranger's pet solos you, you have serious L2P problems. Pet AI is a well-documented joke. Literally running in a circle severely reduces the pet's ability to hit you.

Let me give you an example. Last season, if you played a fresh air ele and you fought a druid and the druid pressed F1 on you the pet put so much pressure on you so that you had to disengage. Pet literally made that build so much worse. When I say "kills your opponent" I don't mean that literally, it means it makes some builds unusable just because the pet can put out so much pressure that the player has to bail out and heal, wait for cooldowns and go to another node because you have no chance fighting with that ranger around.

I know you might not feel that way but fresh air eles know how hard it is to fight a druid.

> @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > @"Dostymen.1269" said:

> > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > There are other good soulbeast builds.

> >

> > Nope, not even the sniper build is good. Maybe you saw some builds running around but druid is just better.

> Nope. I play soulbeast and my build is good.

>

You saying your build is good doesn't make it good. You have to look at it from all angles. What does that build offer to your team and what does it do better than other builds? Then you can say, this build is good because ______. And sadly soulbeast isn't really good at anything right now.

> @"CaldaRaric.6305" said:

> >

> > Nope, not even the sniper build is good. Maybe you saw some builds running around but druid is just better.

>

> I have been able to 1v1 every Druid I have met as a Soulbeast with almost perfect success. I can’t hold a point as good as a Druid, but Soulbeast is not useless.

Nice, I am happy you do. And I am not saying it is useless, it can be played to some success just like any build although the class is not good. It doesn't do anything better than other builds.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> I play pvp for farming purposes only. This mode is absolutely impossible to be enjoyed in current state.

Oh, if you think that you haven't played in season 2 my friend. :smiley:

Believe me, the balance is not that bad. You can counter practically anything. And yes there are some spammy builds like thiefs, broken things like mesmer, annoyning things like warrior, scourge and druid but it is way better than it ever was. The game is fast, there ain't too much bunker stuff, if it gets more refined we will see some really fucking good balance.

The devs are looking at the PvP scene, help them see better.

> @"Dostymen.1269" said:

> > @"CaldaRaric.6305" said:

> > > @"Dostymen.1269" said:

> > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > There are other good soulbeast builds.

> > >

> > > Nope, not even the sniper build is good. Maybe you saw some builds running around but druid is just better.

> >

> > I have been able to 1v1 every Druid I have met as a Soulbeast with almost perfect success. I can’t hold a point as good as a Druid, but Soulbeast is not useless.

>

> Nice, I am happy you do. And I am not saying it is useless, it can be played to some success just like any build although the class is not good. It doesn't do anything better than other builds.

Shouldn’t all builds to be doing about the same as other builds as far as performance goes? Isn’t that what balance is?

> @"CaldaRaric.6305" said:

> > > @"CaldaRaric.6305" said:

> > > > @"Dostymen.1269" said:

> > > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > There are other good soulbeast builds.

> > > >

> > > > Nope, not even the sniper build is good. Maybe you saw some builds running around but druid is just better.

> > >

> > > I have been able to 1v1 every Druid I have met as a Soulbeast with almost perfect success. I can’t hold a point as good as a Druid, but Soulbeast is not useless.

> >

> > Nice, I am happy you do. And I am not saying it is useless, it can be played to some success just like any build although the class is not good. It doesn't do anything better than other builds.

>

> Shouldn’t all builds to be doing about the same as other builds as far as performance goes? Isn’t that what balance is?

That is what balance should be. But that is, as you know for sure, unachievable. You will never have every build on the same power level, that is just not possible. All they can do is try to balance around the sweet spot.

> @"Poelala.2830" said:

> >

> Nope. I play soulbeast and my build is good.

>

Your build is either soulbeast, or good.

> @"Dostymen.1269" said:

> > @"CaldaRaric.6305" said:

> > > @"Dostymen.1269" said:

> > > > @"CaldaRaric.6305" said:

> > > > > @"Dostymen.1269" said:

> > > > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > > There are other good soulbeast builds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nope, not even the sniper build is good. Maybe you saw some builds running around but druid is just better.

> > > >

> > > > I have been able to 1v1 every Druid I have met as a Soulbeast with almost perfect success. I can’t hold a point as good as a Druid, but Soulbeast is not useless.

> > >

> > > Nice, I am happy you do. And I am not saying it is useless, it can be played to some success just like any build although the class is not good. It doesn't do anything better than other builds.

> >

> > Shouldn’t all builds to be doing about the same as other builds as far as performance goes? Isn’t that what balance is?

>

> That is what balance should be. But that is, as you know for sure, unachievable. You will never have every build on the same power level, that is just not possible. All they can do is try to balance around the sweet spot.

Not when you have a class that can do everything. You know what I’m talking about.