Account suspension discussion [merged]

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"fireanne.7682" said:

> > > > > > You know, the bottom line is - if you play GW2, you agreed to their ToS. They want to make a game fair, and that might, unfortunately, involve some effort on the user's side, such as turning off Cheat engine before playing. Is it really that difficult to understand? X:

> > > > >

> > > > > Even if you consider User Agreement, it forbids you from using hacks in GW2. It doesn't forbids you for having these tools. And anet acted on assumption that "if he has a knife, he can be guilty of a crime".

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Possessing the tool and running it alongside the GW2.exe are entirely different things.

> > > >

> > > > If you honestly believe that less than .1% of the people banned were running it alongside GW2.exe innocuously, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. The idea that even a tiny portion of these players were doing this is laughable, at the very best.

> > >

> > > They already lifted 50+ bans. So the % may be bigger. I believe most of bans are justified, but there must be false positives. Method they describe have too many room of giving not definite results. So back to my point - your claims that 100% of bans are justified were destroyed today by dev team today. As I expected it would happen. You put to much trust into Anet, they already have a history of unjustified bans and yesterday's case proves that we can't trust them their "careful investigations".

> > >

> >

> > I'm still holding to the fact that 100% of the bans were justified. The ONLY thing that has changed was that ANET wasn't strict enough and their detection method could be more precise via a client/launcher update to better detect even more threats.

> >

> > This is a case of "doth thou protest?" And clearly, many of these "innocents" doth... they doth a lot.

>

> Running app they don't like is not justifying suspending an account unless they know it was used to hack GW2. But all they did is ASSUME.

So I'll ask it again...

Which do you prefer?

1. ANET to have a more bloated, clientside/launcher-side detection system that aggressively polls system data and then looks at active and passive memory continuously for DLL injection and memory edits in return for catching cheaters at the expense of the performance of the everyone who plays GW2.

2. OR - ANET to use a less aggressive data collection method, that might nail 1 or 2 innocent players out of every 1000-2000 banned, but doesn't put much in the way of added stress into the client/launcher and collects very limited data.

3. OR - Collect no data and thus, do nothing and let the cheaters run rampant.

There are your choices. There is no in-between. So which shall it be? Option 1, 2, or 3? Your cake is here. You can have it. You may eat it. You cannot do both.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"fireanne.7682" said:

> > > > > > > You know, the bottom line is - if you play GW2, you agreed to their ToS. They want to make a game fair, and that might, unfortunately, involve some effort on the user's side, such as turning off Cheat engine before playing. Is it really that difficult to understand? X:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Even if you consider User Agreement, it forbids you from using hacks in GW2. It doesn't forbids you for having these tools. And anet acted on assumption that "if he has a knife, he can be guilty of a crime".

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Possessing the tool and running it alongside the GW2.exe are entirely different things.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you honestly believe that less than .1% of the people banned were running it alongside GW2.exe innocuously, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. The idea that even a tiny portion of these players were doing this is laughable, at the very best.

> > > >

> > > > They already lifted 50+ bans. So the % may be bigger. I believe most of bans are justified, but there must be false positives. Method they describe have too many room of giving not definite results. So back to my point - your claims that 100% of bans are justified were destroyed today by dev team today. As I expected it would happen. You put to much trust into Anet, they already have a history of unjustified bans and yesterday's case proves that we can't trust them their "careful investigations".

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm still holding to the fact that 100% of the bans were justified. The ONLY thing that has changed was that ANET wasn't strict enough and their detection method could be more precise via a client/launcher update to better detect even more threats.

> > >

> > > This is a case of "doth thou protest?" And clearly, many of these "innocents" doth... they doth a lot.

> >

> > Running app they don't like is not justifying suspending an account unless they know it was used to hack GW2. But all they did is ASSUME.

>

> So I'll ask it again...

>

> Which do you prefer?

> 1. ANET to have a more bloated, clientside/launcher-side detection system that aggressively polls system data and then looks at active and passive memory continuously for DLL injection and memory edits in return for catching cheaters at the expense of the performance of the everyone who plays GW2.

> 2. OR - ANET to use a less aggressive data collection method, that might nail 1 or 2 innocent players out of every 1000-2000 banned, but doesn't put much in the way of added stress into the client/launcher and collects very limited data.

> 3. OR - Collect no data and thus, do nothing and let the cheaters run rampant.

>

> There are your choices. There is no in-between. So which shall it be? Option 1, 2, or 3? Your cake is here. You can have it. You may eat it. You cannot do both.

>

>

I am thinking Khel will be asking for the 4th option.. pass cake to banned players in the hope their MMOminions don't starve while they speed, fly and tunnel undersurface of maps across the game on their alt accounts or new accounts.

NOTE - Be sure to use plastic knives when cutting the cake.. though we all know the cake is a lie!

> @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > > > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"fireanne.7682" said:

> > > > > > > You know, the bottom line is - if you play GW2, you agreed to their ToS. They want to make a game fair, and that might, unfortunately, involve some effort on the user's side, such as turning off Cheat engine before playing. Is it really that difficult to understand? X:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Even if you consider User Agreement, it forbids you from using hacks in GW2. It doesn't forbids you for having these tools. And anet acted on assumption that "if he has a knife, he can be guilty of a crime".

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Possessing the tool and running it alongside the GW2.exe are entirely different things.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you honestly believe that less than .1% of the people banned were running it alongside GW2.exe innocuously, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. The idea that even a tiny portion of these players were doing this is laughable, at the very best.

> > > >

> > > > They already lifted 50+ bans. So the % may be bigger. I believe most of bans are justified, but there must be false positives. Method they describe have too many room of giving not definite results. So back to my point - your claims that 100% of bans are justified were destroyed today by dev team today. As I expected it would happen. You put to much trust into Anet, they already have a history of unjustified bans and yesterday's case proves that we can't trust them their "careful investigations".

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm still holding to the fact that 100% of the bans were justified. The ONLY thing that has changed was that ANET wasn't strict enough and their detection method could be more precise via a client/launcher update to better detect even more threats.

> > >

> > > This is a case of "doth thou protest?" And clearly, many of these "innocents" doth... they doth a lot.

> >

> > Running app they don't like is not justifying suspending an account unless they know it was used to hack GW2. But all they did is ASSUME.

>

> So I'll ask it again...

>

> Which do you prefer?

> 1. ANET to have a more bloated, clientside/launcher-side detection system that aggressively polls system data and then looks at active and passive memory continuously for DLL injection and memory edits in return for catching cheaters at the expense of the performance of the everyone who plays GW2.

> 2. OR - ANET to use a less aggressive data collection method, that might nail 1 or 2 innocent players out of every 1000-2000 banned, but doesn't put much in the way of added stress into the client/launcher and collects very limited data.

> 3. OR - Collect no data and thus, do nothing and let the cheaters run rampant.

>

> There are your choices. There is no in-between. So which shall it be? Option 1, 2, or 3? Your cake is here. You can have it. You may eat it. You cannot do both.

>

>

I prefer them to stop making bans a PR flick and actually do something. First, Chris Cleary, this guy is making his every action a popularity contest. Second, how dare they communicate that "no appeals will be accepted" when they KNOW their systems are far from being perfect and provide false positive results.

If they didn't act like broadway stars with this and worked normally, talked to players submitting tickets I would be quiet. But their behaviour about this case is disrespectful and potentially malicious if you consider they lack of will to investigate potentially wrongfully rewarded suspensions.

And it seems they came to their senses eventually as second Gaile's message is obvious damage control together with Cleary removing his tweets about bans.

> @"Sojar.1495" said:

> Oh noes, my personal data! Yeah, see... no big deal. You know what I am currently running on my gaming rig. Gasp. Whatever will I do with my "personal data!" Honestly, the overreacting to this is absurd.

Are you seriously thinking showing a list of your currently running services is what detects cheats and hacks or that is all about your privacy? Even if so, it's just the list Windows shows you and also just the list Windows "thinks" it's running. If you deep analyze every service you will be shocked what data is actually being collected. Even the harmless-sounding WindowsUpdater service is a privacy catastrophe.

Do you think there is a "VIRUS.exe", "MALWARE.COM", "KILLSWITCH.EXE" or "HACKING.DLL" in your list, you remove it/stop it and voilá, that's it?!

If so, I will start my own anti-virus company that just contains a small batch file to end any non-Windows service and sell it for 50€. I'd be a rich man!

Sorry, but really, if you have just very basic knowledge about computers, you should not go into threads with hacking as subject and post stuff. It really hurts you credibility.

Excelsior.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > Everyone did deserve it. They still do.

> >

> > Anet proves your statements to be incorrect. Thank you for playing. You proved yourselve not being worthy further discussion. Goodbye.

>

> I fail to understand your point .. what I read was some well thought out points based on solid understanding of the tech. Had ANET made this a more aggressive detection and banned the 000's and 000's more that are out there still using these hacks would you be even more hell bent on defending those banned or would you start to think.. there must be something else actually happening here.

>

> Look its great to be an S J W on occasion, but this occasion does not warrant such support... players have cheated and through methods not 100% known to us they MIGHT of snagged a few legit accounts caught in the crossfire, which will likely get resolved without the fuss you keep making about it.

> I would rather see 10000 bans and a 1000 compensated legit unbans than having nothing done about this evergrowing issue in game... go take a look and see just how many players have/are still downloading these hacks and understand why honest players are being vocal about the small level of success this PR exercise has showcased.. if nothing else it might of got some cheats to consider whether its worth risking their accounts that they have perhaps spent real money on beyond the point of sale.

What you sau would be true if Gaile didn't say they won't accept appeals yesterday. They KNOW there can be false positives. I mean, I hope they know because if they truly believed this method is foolproof then they need to reconsider their competences.

Most of bans are most likely justified. But I will never believe they did "careful investigation".

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> I have loads of sympathy for those using those apps for benign reasons, and hope they get their bans removed quick smartish.

>

> For those that use them to cheat in 'other' games, sorry pal 1) you clearly think cheating is ok so your bad for online gaming in general and 2) its a bit of a stretch to think you are innocent when you clearly have a propensity to cheat and have been proven to run cheat engines running alongside GW2 on several occasions. Lessons learned hopefully eh.

Do you have knives in your kitchen?

I use CheatEngine, yes. But for GW2? Lol. I thought that is impossible.

I often let an idle game (CotLI) run alongside gw2 and I speed it up via CheatEngine. The other programs I never heard of before and I won't google it - because, let's be honest: installing hacker software on your pc opens the door for hackers. Period. I'm a nurse and not a cyber criminal.

€dit: How could you use CE for an online game? All the stuff is saved on the servers, no?!

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > I generally have no sympathy for people who cheat in any game, i just don't see the need to risk your account on any game that you love to maybe make things slightly easier for yourself but anger other players in the process and put your friends accounts in danger if they play with you on a regular basis and get caught up in your ban. I do not count dps meters as cheating or mods that change your UI and as you can see, neither do Anet. As a company they do what they need to do to make sure their game is fair for everyone and if that means monitoring the programs running on my system then I don't mind, it's not like they are hunting for any information worth keeping that could be damaging to my identity or online safety. If you use cheat programs then you deserve to get banned, even if you weren't using them in this particular game at this point in time, you have them installed and Anet has no way of knowing if you ever plan to use them in the future, so out you go. Hopefully in 6 months you will either have learned your lesson and uninstalled said programs or moved on to other games which is no big loss to the rest of us.

>

> Do you have knives in your kitchen?

It was never about owning the knife! it was about having the knife with you whilst playing. Its not against the law to have one in the home but If you leave your home with a knife and get searched whether it was used or not it's still intent and an offence.

My advice if you want to own cheatengine for data collection be more responsible and make sure its not running before playing and if you are not capable of this then remove it from your system. The other software cannot possibly be used for anything other than gaining an advantage.

Fact is 99.9% knew what they were doing and got caught and now they are just trying to justify it by making comments about invasion of privacy blah, blah, blah.

> @"Solidius.5146" said:

> > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > I generally have no sympathy for people who cheat in any game, i just don't see the need to risk your account on any game that you love to maybe make things slightly easier for yourself but anger other players in the process and put your friends accounts in danger if they play with you on a regular basis and get caught up in your ban. I do not count dps meters as cheating or mods that change your UI and as you can see, neither do Anet. As a company they do what they need to do to make sure their game is fair for everyone and if that means monitoring the programs running on my system then I don't mind, it's not like they are hunting for any information worth keeping that could be damaging to my identity or online safety. If you use cheat programs then you deserve to get banned, even if you weren't using them in this particular game at this point in time, you have them installed and Anet has no way of knowing if you ever plan to use them in the future, so out you go. Hopefully in 6 months you will either have learned your lesson and uninstalled said programs or moved on to other games which is no big loss to the rest of us.

> >

> > Do you have knives in your kitchen?

>

> It was never about owning the knife! it was about having the knife with you whilst playing. Its not against the law to have one in the home but If you leave your home with a knife and get searched whether it was used or not it's still intent and an offence.

uhm... no. You can't punish me for having knife in my pocket until I actually use it commiting a crime. Just like cheatengine. Well they know some people used it. But they didn't check if it was used to modify GW2.

> @"Rankomonaut.4708" said:

> I use CheatEngine, yes. But for GW2? Lol. I thought that is impossible.

> I often let an idle game (CotLI) run alongside gw2 and I speed it up via CheatEngine. The other programs I never heard of before and I won't google it - because, let's be honest: installing hacker software on your pc opens the door for hackers. Period. I'm a nurse and not a cyber criminal.

> €dit: How could you use CE for an online game? All the stuff is saved on the servers, no?!

in case of gw2 a lot of things is clientside

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

> > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > Oh noes, my personal data! Yeah, see... no big deal. You know what I am currently running on my gaming rig. Gasp. Whatever will I do with my "personal data!" Honestly, the overreacting to this is absurd.

>

> Are you seriously thinking showing a list of your currently running services is what detects cheats and hacks or that is all about your privacy? Even if so, it's just the list Windows shows you and also just the list Windows "thinks" it's running. If you deep analyze every service you will be shocked what data is actually being collected. Even the harmless-sounding WindowsUpdater service is a privacy catastrophe.

>

> Do you think there is a "VIRUS.exe", "MALWARE.COM", "KILLSWITCH.EXE" or "HACKING.DLL" in your list, you remove it/stop it and voilá, that's it?!

> If so, I will start my own anti-virus company that just contains a small batch file to end any non-Windows service and sell it for 50€. I'd be a rich man!

>

> Sorry, but really, if you have just very basic knowledge about computers, you should not go into threads with hacking as subject and post stuff. It really hurts you credibility.

>

> Excelsior.

>

>

I guess you can't spot tongue in cheek responses, eh?

ANET collected a simple listing of active processes, as per their own admission. That was the point in my posting said reply. As if a simple listing of the processes running alongside GW2 is some horrific invasion of privacy. That's laughable, and you know it.

I'm happy to have an intracite debate on the nuances of protected data, privacy and active process information though , should you desire it. I'd wager my knowledge will be quite sufficient and up to the task, despite my expertise being more so aligned in the areas of physics, metallo-organic chemistry , and computer hardware.

Time for a Khan Noonien Singh quote:

"Now... shall we begin?"

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > > > > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"fireanne.7682" said:

> > > > > > > > You know, the bottom line is - if you play GW2, you agreed to their ToS. They want to make a game fair, and that might, unfortunately, involve some effort on the user's side, such as turning off Cheat engine before playing. Is it really that difficult to understand? X:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Even if you consider User Agreement, it forbids you from using hacks in GW2. It doesn't forbids you for having these tools. And anet acted on assumption that "if he has a knife, he can be guilty of a crime".

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Possessing the tool and running it alongside the GW2.exe are entirely different things.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you honestly believe that less than .1% of the people banned were running it alongside GW2.exe innocuously, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. The idea that even a tiny portion of these players were doing this is laughable, at the very best.

> > > > >

> > > > > They already lifted 50+ bans. So the % may be bigger. I believe most of bans are justified, but there must be false positives. Method they describe have too many room of giving not definite results. So back to my point - your claims that 100% of bans are justified were destroyed today by dev team today. As I expected it would happen. You put to much trust into Anet, they already have a history of unjustified bans and yesterday's case proves that we can't trust them their "careful investigations".

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I'm still holding to the fact that 100% of the bans were justified. The ONLY thing that has changed was that ANET wasn't strict enough and their detection method could be more precise via a client/launcher update to better detect even more threats.

> > > >

> > > > This is a case of "doth thou protest?" And clearly, many of these "innocents" doth... they doth a lot.

> > >

> > > Running app they don't like is not justifying suspending an account unless they know it was used to hack GW2. But all they did is ASSUME.

> >

> > So I'll ask it again...

> >

> > Which do you prefer?

> > 1. ANET to have a more bloated, clientside/launcher-side detection system that aggressively polls system data and then looks at active and passive memory continuously for DLL injection and memory edits in return for catching cheaters at the expense of the performance of the everyone who plays GW2.

> > 2. OR - ANET to use a less aggressive data collection method, that might nail 1 or 2 innocent players out of every 1000-2000 banned, but doesn't put much in the way of added stress into the client/launcher and collects very limited data.

> > 3. OR - Collect no data and thus, do nothing and let the cheaters run rampant.

> >

> > There are your choices. There is no in-between. So which shall it be? Option 1, 2, or 3? Your cake is here. You can have it. You may eat it. You cannot do both.

> >

> >

>

> I prefer them to stop making bans a PR flick and actually do something. First, Chris Cleary, this guy is making his every action a popularity contest. Second, how dare they communicate that "no appeals will be accepted" when they KNOW their systems are far from being perfect and provide false positive results.

>

> If they didn't act like broadway stars with this and worked normally, talked to players submitting tickets I would be quiet. But their behaviour about this case is disrespectful and potentially malicious if you consider they lack of will to investigate potentially wrongfully rewarded suspensions.

>

> And it seems they came to their senses eventually as second Gaile's message is obvious damage control together with Cleary removing his tweets about bans.

You failed to answer my question. There were 3 options. You simply had to select one. Please choose.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"innocens.1582" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123"

> >

> > you have the knife in your hand when the program is running, not in your pocket.

> > its all nice and cool if you wanne cheat other programs, but when its running

> > along side guildwars your either ignorent, or just plain stupid, sorry.

> >

>

> Keep in mind that cheat engine isnt excusively used by cheaters. Anet created this problem all by themselves, claiming they will not accept appeals. They already lifted some bans proving they were wrong.

The bans they lifted weren't because they were wrong... reread what gaile posted please.

> @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > @"innocens.1582" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123"

> > >

> > > you have the knife in your hand when the program is running, not in your pocket.

> > > its all nice and cool if you wanne cheat other programs, but when its running

> > > along side guildwars your either ignorent, or just plain stupid, sorry.

> > >

> >

> > Keep in mind that cheat engine isnt excusively used by cheaters. Anet created this problem all by themselves, claiming they will not accept appeals. They already lifted some bans proving they were wrong.

>

> The bans then lifted weren't because they were wrong... reread what gaile posted please.

They were wrong. They wasn't involved in cheating, they simply suspended them because they were in some way connected to cheating account. If they weren't wrong, they wouldn't lift them, easy.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > > @"innocens.1582" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123"

> > > >

> > > > you have the knife in your hand when the program is running, not in your pocket.

> > > > its all nice and cool if you wanne cheat other programs, but when its running

> > > > along side guildwars your either ignorent, or just plain stupid, sorry.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Keep in mind that cheat engine isnt excusively used by cheaters. Anet created this problem all by themselves, claiming they will not accept appeals. They already lifted some bans proving they were wrong.

> >

> > The bans then lifted weren't because they were wrong... reread what gaile posted please.

>

> They were wrong. They wasn't involved in cheating, they simply suspended them because they were in some way connected to cheating account. If they weren't wrong, they wouldn't lift them, easy.

They were not wrong in the context of the methods used in this ban. They were an oversight, and had previously had actions on their accounts for related activities. They wanted to keep the ban narrowed down to the method used for the majority. A clerical error in adding those accounts is not indicative of another error. You're taking an instance of an unrelated rationale and then applying it blanketed across the other bans with the specific methodology utilized. Stop that!

> @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > > > @"innocens.1582" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123"

> > > > >

> > > > > you have the knife in your hand when the program is running, not in your pocket.

> > > > > its all nice and cool if you wanne cheat other programs, but when its running

> > > > > along side guildwars your either ignorent, or just plain stupid, sorry.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Keep in mind that cheat engine isnt excusively used by cheaters. Anet created this problem all by themselves, claiming they will not accept appeals. They already lifted some bans proving they were wrong.

> > >

> > > The bans then lifted weren't because they were wrong... reread what gaile posted please.

> >

> > They were wrong. They wasn't involved in cheating, they simply suspended them because they were in some way connected to cheating account. If they weren't wrong, they wouldn't lift them, easy.

>

> They were not wrong in the context of the methods used in this ban. They were an oversight, and had previously had actions on their accounts for related activities. They wanted to keep the ban narrowed down to the method used for the majority. A clerical error in adding those accounts is not indicative of another error. You're taking an instance of an unrelated rationale and then applying it blanketed across the other bans with the specific methodology utilized. Stop that!

I like how you're dancing around this to do everything you can not to admit anet was wrong.

@"Kheldorn.5123"

as i understand cheat engind is also used for debugging and reverse engenering.

still, why have it running along side guildwars?

i read onw statement that it was used for reverse engenering things like virusses.

Now wouldnt you do that in a virtual machine? I know i would.

> @"innocens.1582" said:

> @"Kheldorn.5123"

> as i understand cheat engind is also used for debugging and reverse engenering.

> still, why have it running along side guildwars?

>

> i read onw statement that it was used for reverse engenering things like virusses.

> Now wouldnt you do that in a virtual machine? I know i would.

>

>

There can be multiple reasons which should be discussed individually via ticket. Unfortunately Gaile posted they are not accepted appeals, which is anti customer practice. Luckily, in her damage control message she changes their bold stance.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > > > > @"innocens.1582" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you have the knife in your hand when the program is running, not in your pocket.

> > > > > > its all nice and cool if you wanne cheat other programs, but when its running

> > > > > > along side guildwars your either ignorent, or just plain stupid, sorry.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Keep in mind that cheat engine isnt excusively used by cheaters. Anet created this problem all by themselves, claiming they will not accept appeals. They already lifted some bans proving they were wrong.

> > > >

> > > > The bans then lifted weren't because they were wrong... reread what gaile posted please.

> > >

> > > They were wrong. They wasn't involved in cheating, they simply suspended them because they were in some way connected to cheating account. If they weren't wrong, they wouldn't lift them, easy.

> >

> > They were not wrong in the context of the methods used in this ban. They were an oversight, and had previously had actions on their accounts for related activities. They wanted to keep the ban narrowed down to the method used for the majority. A clerical error in adding those accounts is not indicative of another error. You're taking an instance of an unrelated rationale and then applying it blanketed across the other bans with the specific methodology utilized. Stop that!

>

> I like how you're dancing around this to do everything you can not to admit anet was wrong.

In your opinion, they were wrong.

Also, you STILL haven't answered my 3 option question, which is black and white fact.

You want me to admit something I don't believe to be true (since my opinion is that those 1-2 players who might be innocent were extremely ignorant by continuously running an application with known game hacking potential, even if not used that way). Sorry, I'm not easing up on my opinion just because you're so inclined to defend the cheaters so long as it ridicules ANET and defends the (possibly) insignificant, or nonexistent amount of "innocent" players who got blasted by the banhammer of rigtheous, judicial fury.

> @"innocens.1582" said:

> @"Kheldorn.5123"

> as i understand cheat engind is also used for debugging and reverse engenering.

> still, why have it running along side guildwars?

>

> i read onw statement that it was used for reverse engenering things like virusses.

> Now wouldnt you do that in a virtual machine? I know i would.

>

>

My cheat engine's last modified date is " 18/05/2017" which now that I think about it, is the last time I used it.

I'm pretty sure if I'm banned because of cheat engine, its because of its mere existence, and not because I used it when GW2 was open, because I did not.

The friend I mentioned earlier also confirmed he had cheat engine installed but he has not used it for even longer time than I, which further confirms my suspicion. So the part in Gaile Gray post which says "we detected that the accounts were running Guild Wars 2 at the same time as one or more of the following programs over a significant number of hours during a multi-week" is a an utter and blatant lie. They just did an automated ban and did not care about consequences of it.