Soul Beast Dual daggers. Unknown and lacks skill meaning to support the trait system

Darknessz.9650

There seems to be a problem with the main hand dagger for ranger, short range, and heavy damage output from other classes make the new elite soulbeast useless class besides range attacks. sadly i was hoping to see soul beast to be more aggressive like warrior ability to stun or daze to control set ups and rotations of builds. the dualdagger system is extreamly weak besides the condi but meaning as in nothing available to cc the players cause daggers are 130 range limit and rangers class take HEAVY damage, not running zerk with correct traits. i have been playing gw2 pvp for years so i know builds and what not but the dual daggers need improvements, and elite needs to be stronger. to allow rangers to be something like warriors but half of what they can do, i see soul beast as a half range and half dagger usage (putting up a good fight)

Anet can we have a Reduction of pets, 80% of the pets for rangers all have the same skills or abilities just different conditions, and minor changes like drake, birds, wolf, spiders.

also can we have an LEGENDARY PET like Guild Wars 1 RAINBOW PHOENIX @_@ which i have not finished and i started gw2 day 1 xD

For what is usually a 'fast' weapon, I've been finding it very difficult to deal any significant damage with daggers. They're just too slow/weak. Stances need to not be dependant on the GM trait to be considered 'decent' - they should be decent without it, and the GM trait should be a decision to make, not a 'I need this otherwise stances are kind of bad'. Pretty long cooldowns too, for what they do. The only stance I would consider running without the GM trait is the heal (maybe).

And the elite stance does seem to suck in pvp, yes. I usually lean towards Entangle. I do acknowledge that the elite skill could easily become OP if they tweak it wrong though.

How valuable do others find the quickness on dagger #3? I'd gladly give it up for a cc, evade or something. Dagger #2 could be sped up a bit as well

yeah.... d/d soul-beast is a disappointment. I do also agree the GM trait to improve stances is basically mandatory if you want to use any of the stances. Other than that I've enjoyed soulbeast and think it's very viable.... of course a core pew-pew ranger is arguably just as good.... but that's balanced imo.