The Oddity of Beastmastery

InsaneQR.7412

This traitline is weird to keep it simple.

Its a bit power, its a bit CC, its a bit support, its a bit sustain. And a lot of nithing in many ways.

Best thing about this traitline are the minors which enhance your pet (or soulbeast to some extend).

Majors have some kind if concept but some of them are just useful as a standalone in some builds and the rest is just side stuff.

So what to do about the oddity of beastmastery?

Well personally i want that the supportive/sustainy traits are moved into other specs or just plain out swapped with other traits.

And last divide it into 3 clear lines: Power/Boon focussed. Improved GS trait here.

Condi/debuff focussed. New Axe trait here

CC/Anti CC: New shout trait here.

Natural healing Could be moved to NM or WS. Id say replacing shared anguish and moving some traits arround so refined toxins and natural healing could be used in conjunction wouldnt be that bad, the free stunbreak could be compensated with a new GM in BM.

Regen on shout use could be changed so that every shout gives a different bonus/boon on allies.

Beastly Warden could be changed in affect that it activates "Lesser protect me" on F2 use and it breaks stun, but with an ICD ofc.

Condi traits could be weakness and bleed focus and maybe increase crit chance in some way against weakened/bleeding foes etc.

Needless to say this spec just needs some improvement.

BM tree line should have been 100% pet only. The CC and Support line are fine, but the GS and Axe should be somewhere else. So many things should be made baseline, such as Pet's Prowess and the stats upgrade for pets from Pack Alpha. Pets have no Ferocity, WTF.

Loud Whistle 90% health threshold is way too high.

> Natural healing Could be moved to NM or WS

It could. I just remember one of the first Druid meta builds was Shout and used BM tree line for that extra CA regeneration. I guess it's not needed anymore with TrollU + WS tree line + WK trait. Some people still use the build, because Beastmastery also works with Zephyr's Speed + WK trait.

It could be swapped with Fortifying Bond, which I feel is way more BM-ish.

> Regen on shout use could be changed so that every shout gives a different bonus/boon on allies.

That would be nice. Sic Em would get Fury/Might, Guard something like Aegis/Stability, S&R gets Stability, Protect Me gets Protection/Retal, WHaO gets Resistance and SotP something like Alacrity/Quickness ?

> Beastly Warden could be changed in affect that it activates "Lesser protect me" on F2 use and it breaks stun, but with an ICD ofc.

I think Beastly Warden is fine, but the competition is fierce with Zephyr's Speed. They could change it to a Major Master.

Go for the Eyes and Wilting Strike should become one trait.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> Regen on shout use could be changed so that every shout gives a different bonus/boon on allies.

My old standby suggestion if they ever do that for Resounding Timbre:

Heal as One: Regen (5s) after boons are copied. / Protect Me: Vigor (4s) / Guard: Protection (6s)

Sic 'Em: Fury (6s) / Search & Rescue: 2 Stability (4s) / Strength of the Pack: Quickness (5s)

But, there's always the likelihood that if RT were changed to grant different boons for each shout, it might be moved to a higher tier. That is unless sharing those boons with allies were taken away... maybe. You know, since it's Ranger.

Only reason it's comfy in adept since regen only feeds into Druid (which they nerfed a few times already for PvP) and swiftness is an abundant, harmless boon for us (no significant bonuses for having it other than that 1% damage modifier from Bountiful Hunter). Not trying to down the idea, just putting that out there as a possibility.

> @"Wondrouswall.7169" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > Regen on shout use could be changed so that every shout gives a different bonus/boon on allies.

>

> My old standby suggestion if they ever do that for Resounding Timbre:

> Heal as One: Regen (5s) after boons are copied. / Protect Me: Vigor (4s) / Guard: Protection (6s)

> Sic 'Em: Fury (6s) / Search & Rescue: 2 Stability (4s) / Strength of the Pack: Quickness (5s)

>

> But, there's always the likelihood that if RT were changed to grant different boons for each shout, it might be moved to a higher tier. That is unless sharing those boons with allies were taken away... maybe. You know, since it's Ranger.

>

> Only reason it's comfy in adept since regen only feeds into Druid (which they nerfed a few times already for PvP) and swiftness is an abundant, harmless boon for us (no significant bonuses for having it other than that 1% damage modifier from Bountiful Hunter). Not trying to down the idea, just putting that out there as a possibility.

Yeah can understand a bit your pessimism.

But druid got nerfed because of high sustain. This suggestion is rather more offensive and you would not spam skills for buffs in PvP but rather what they offer. Its more a PvE trait IMO and such an iteration would benefit power support builds.

> @"Prophet.1584" said:

> Ranger needs the same kind of rework Mesmer got, not necessarily to make it OP all of a sudden, but it would help to streamline the traitlines for their purposes. Every traitline could use a few changes and tweaks.

Yeah this basically necessar for all other professions than mesmer.

Despite the fact that soulbeast needa some work, BM itself and the whole pet mechanic need a shake up.