Meta events?

borrok.9267

I've been exploring since PoF dropped but have yet to see any interesting meta event or bosses... Is that because the right criteria hasn't been met to trigger an event, or does this expansion just not have anything like that? Kind of depressing if they released this much map and did nothing to keep people in it.

Personally very happy that they decided not to make meta maps, I am a person who would rather explore and have fun rather than 111 throughout it all, mainly because ive done dragon stand like 3 times or so, and never likes to do any event twice. (personally, I would rather have my mmos as close as possible, based on fun and story line, to a single player game rather than them asking me to kill xx amount of xx creature)

What I can not go around, is the fact that even though these new maps is great fun for people like me, who just walk around and meet people like in old Gw2, it might not hold people for a long period of time, there are of cause people in Orr etc even after all these years, but still.

I think they should not have meta events in PoF maps. HoT maps do not feel like maps,they all feel like a big dungeon where whenever you are there you can't relax,all you have to do is to fight. PoF feels more like an improved vanilla and you have bounties,events,hearts ,legendary bounties,races etc. It feels more open to exploration and not so focused on fighting all the time.

their is no none meta events or world bosses at all in the new pack path of fire. as their should be none at all . if anet did put that stuff into the new pack that be a major slap in the vet player base . that played guild wars and guild wars 2 .

thing is every one does not get for what ever reason it be path of fire is a toss back or ode to guild wars its self !!

guild wars never had meta events at all nor did guild wars have world bosses at all even too .

they did not turn off and shut down hot maps just cause they put out a new pack . you can still play hot maps for all meta and world boss stuff .

also too given the very fact they made the new pack a toss back to guild wars itself . them maps are made to just farm gold from mobs that you use the gold you farmed to buy ectoplasms with to then go to the gambling hall with your stack of ectoplasms and gamble . and noting more this is why us vets used to farm the maps for gold and bought tons and tons of ectoplasms . and bought any thing we want to have in the game .

> @zengara.8301 said:

> Personally very happy that they decided not to make meta maps, I am a person who would rather explore and have fun rather than 111 throughout it all, mainly because ive done dragon stand like 3 times or so, and never likes to do any event twice. (personally, I would rather have my mmos as close as possible, based on fun and story line, to a single player game rather than them asking me to kill xx amount of xx creature)

> What I can not go around, is the fact that even though these new maps is great fun for people like me, who just walk around and meet people like in old Gw2, it might not hold people for a long period of time, there are of cause people in Orr etc even after all these years, but still.

Dragon Stand is pretty extreme in terms of meta events. We could've had something like Verdent Brink where specific areas around the map have to be fortified or defended until a bigger boss spawns, or maybe something to do with Vaabi where the city has to be taken in a multi-event chain with a good boss at the end (like the final meta of Vanilla Oor). Some type of chain would have been nice. It doesn't have to lock down an entire map but damn, give us something that causes the map to come together.

> @Chickenooble.5014 said:

> > @zengara.8301 said:

> > Personally very happy that they decided not to make meta maps, I am a person who would rather explore and have fun rather than 111 throughout it all, mainly because ive done dragon stand like 3 times or so, and never likes to do any event twice. (personally, I would rather have my mmos as close as possible, based on fun and story line, to a single player game rather than them asking me to kill xx amount of xx creature)

> > What I can not go around, is the fact that even though these new maps is great fun for people like me, who just walk around and meet people like in old Gw2, it might not hold people for a long period of time, there are of cause people in Orr etc even after all these years, but still.

> Dragon Stand is pretty extreme in terms of meta events. We could've had something like Verdent Brink where specific areas around the map have to be fortified or defended until a bigger boss spawns, or maybe something to do with Vaabi where the city has to be taken in a multi-event chain with a good boss at the end (like the final meta of Vanilla Oor). Some type of chain would have been nice. It doesn't have to lock down an entire map but kitten, give us something that causes the map to come together.

why in the worlds of the 6 god's them self's even would the map want to come together.. when it is clear as day light and night its self . the new path of fire pack is a toss back to guild wars its self

did they shut down the hot maps yet or something ????????????????????

Done the HoT maps enough... though on release I had a lot of fun there. Having nothing on these maps is pretty dull. You don't need to run every map like DS, but having some sort of bigger boss would be nice. Pretty much on single player mode right now, and there isn't much reason not to. Also you can't just assert that having events would be a slap in the face to vet players just because you don't like it.

> @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > @Chickenooble.5014 said:

> > > @zengara.8301 said:

> > > Personally very happy that they decided not to make meta maps, I am a person who would rather explore and have fun rather than 111 throughout it all, mainly because ive done dragon stand like 3 times or so, and never likes to do any event twice. (personally, I would rather have my mmos as close as possible, based on fun and story line, to a single player game rather than them asking me to kill xx amount of xx creature)

> > > What I can not go around, is the fact that even though these new maps is great fun for people like me, who just walk around and meet people like in old Gw2, it might not hold people for a long period of time, there are of cause people in Orr etc even after all these years, but still.

> > Dragon Stand is pretty extreme in terms of meta events. We could've had something like Verdent Brink where specific areas around the map have to be fortified or defended until a bigger boss spawns, or maybe something to do with Vaabi where the city has to be taken in a multi-event chain with a good boss at the end (like the final meta of Vanilla Oor). Some type of chain would have been nice. It doesn't have to lock down an entire map but kitten, give us something that causes the map to come together.

>

> why in the worlds of the 6 god's them self's even would the map want to come together.. when it is clear as day light and night its self . the new path of fire pack is a toss back to guild wars its self

>

> did they shut down the hot maps yet or something ????????????????????

Dude... the point is to have NEW content, not continue to run HoT over and over again.

> @borrok.9267 said:

> Done the HoT maps enough... though on release I had a lot of fun there. Having nothing on these maps is pretty dull. You don't need to run every map like DS, but having some sort of bigger boss would be nice. Pretty much on single player mode right now, and there isn't much reason not to. Also you can't just assert that having events would be a slap in the face to vet players just because you don't like it.

There are legendary bosses ,many events and other lesser bosses,not happy with that?!

> @Nury.3062 said:

> > @borrok.9267 said:

> > Done the HoT maps enough... though on release I had a lot of fun there. Having nothing on these maps is pretty dull. You don't need to run every map like DS, but having some sort of bigger boss would be nice. Pretty much on single player mode right now, and there isn't much reason not to. Also you can't just assert that having events would be a slap in the face to vet players just because you don't like it.

>

> There are legendary bosses ,many events and other lesser bosses,not happy with that?!

If I were content with that would I have made a thread asking if there are meta events that we have failed to trigger?

> @Ahlen.7591 said:

> These are the "Explore once and never return" style maps. They're neat at first but once the honeymoon phase wears off they'll be completely empty and dead and everyone will be back to HoT/SW.

Exactly, I've also said it before. Anet will just continue pushing the next Living World Season out in 3 months so they don't care about the replayability of the PoF maps.

I can only talk about the Season 3 maps and the first expansion map (demo), but they really feel like empty shells. Their only purpose is to bridge a certain amount of time and then you'll move on and never look back.

Everything feels robotic, you'll mindlessly repeat heart quests, farm map currencies and when you've finished the map, you'll throw it away and do the same thing in the next map - basically like a reskin with different enemies and environment.

> @borrok.9267 said:

> > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > @Chickenooble.5014 said:

> > > > @zengara.8301 said:

> > > > Personally very happy that they decided not to make meta maps, I am a person who would rather explore and have fun rather than 111 throughout it all, mainly because ive done dragon stand like 3 times or so, and never likes to do any event twice. (personally, I would rather have my mmos as close as possible, based on fun and story line, to a single player game rather than them asking me to kill xx amount of xx creature)

> > > > What I can not go around, is the fact that even though these new maps is great fun for people like me, who just walk around and meet people like in old Gw2, it might not hold people for a long period of time, there are of cause people in Orr etc even after all these years, but still.

> > > Dragon Stand is pretty extreme in terms of meta events. We could've had something like Verdent Brink where specific areas around the map have to be fortified or defended until a bigger boss spawns, or maybe something to do with Vaabi where the city has to be taken in a multi-event chain with a good boss at the end (like the final meta of Vanilla Oor). Some type of chain would have been nice. It doesn't have to lock down an entire map but kitten, give us something that causes the map to come together.

> >

> > why in the worlds of the 6 god's them self's even would the map want to come together.. when it is clear as day light and night its self . the new path of fire pack is a toss back to guild wars its self

> >

> > did they shut down the hot maps yet or something ????????????????????

>

> Dude... the point is to have NEW content, not continue to run HoT over and over again.

dude dude dude dude what you fail to grasp the ideas of even and propose . you want the guild wars vets player base down on your head fine. but honestly truth be told they did not shut down hot maps . and that is why they got hot maps .

again this new content is a toss back to guild wars its self . so in other words you want metas and world bosses and so forth a like your just stuck with hot maps . and since I bet you never played guild wars at all . well take this chance to just enjoy it for what it is and farm some gold do some ectoplasms gambling . and let the rest go and let others including the guild wars vets like me enjoy our maps

some of us guild wars vets enjoy hot maps but you do not hear us crying and making 10,000 posts about the hot maps still being open or shut down at all even now do you ???

just enjoy the new pack for what it is and be happy we all still got hot maps to play . and not stuck at level 20 waiting for heros to come to the game yet LOL

> @Tekey.7946 said:

> > @Ahlen.7591 said:

> > These are the "Explore once and never return" style maps. They're neat at first but once the honeymoon phase wears off they'll be completely empty and dead and everyone will be back to HoT/SW.

>

> Exactly, I've also said it before. Anet will just continue pushing the next Living World Season out in 3 months so they don't care about the replayability of the PoF maps.

> I can only talk about the Season 3 maps and the first expansion map (demo), but they really feel like empty shells. Their only purpose is to bridge a certain amount of time and then you'll move on and never look back.

> Everything feels robotic, you'll mindlessly repeat heart quests, farm map currencies and when you've finished the map, you'll throw it away and do the same thing in the next map - basically like a reskin with different enemies and environment.

>

that right their is where the enjoyment came from guild wars itself !!! even more so after spending 20 thousand billion hours of playing and rerolling level 20 toons to just make the toons look different when you rerolled them :3 ;) <3

> @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > @borrok.9267 said:

> > > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > > @Chickenooble.5014 said:

> > > > > @zengara.8301 said:

> > > > > Personally very happy that they decided not to make meta maps, I am a person who would rather explore and have fun rather than 111 throughout it all, mainly because ive done dragon stand like 3 times or so, and never likes to do any event twice. (personally, I would rather have my mmos as close as possible, based on fun and story line, to a single player game rather than them asking me to kill xx amount of xx creature)

> > > > > What I can not go around, is the fact that even though these new maps is great fun for people like me, who just walk around and meet people like in old Gw2, it might not hold people for a long period of time, there are of cause people in Orr etc even after all these years, but still.

> > > > Dragon Stand is pretty extreme in terms of meta events. We could've had something like Verdent Brink where specific areas around the map have to be fortified or defended until a bigger boss spawns, or maybe something to do with Vaabi where the city has to be taken in a multi-event chain with a good boss at the end (like the final meta of Vanilla Oor). Some type of chain would have been nice. It doesn't have to lock down an entire map but kitten, give us something that causes the map to come together.

> > >

> > > why in the worlds of the 6 god's them self's even would the map want to come together.. when it is clear as day light and night its self . the new path of fire pack is a toss back to guild wars its self

> > >

> > > did they shut down the hot maps yet or something ????????????????????

> >

> > Dude... the point is to have NEW content, not continue to run HoT over and over again.

>

> dude dude dude dude what you fail to grasp the ideas of even and propose . you want the guild wars vets player base down on your head fine. but honestly truth be told they did not shut down hot maps . and that is why they got hot maps .

>

> again this new content is a toss back to guild wars its self . so in other words you want metas and world bosses and so forth a like your just stuck with hot maps . and since I bet you never played guild wars at all . well take this chance to just enjoy it for what it is and farm some gold do some ectoplasms gambling . and let the rest go and let others including the guild wars vets like me enjoy our maps

>

> some of us guild wars vets enjoy hot maps but you do not hear us crying and making 10,000 posts about the hot maps still being open or shut down at all even now do you ???

>

> just enjoy the new pack for what it is and be happy we all still got hot maps to play . and not stuck at level 20 waiting for heros to come to the game yet LOL

You aren't getting this conversation. I played guild wars as well. I'm not sure why you are getting the impression that you are special because you played a game that tons of other people have also played.

Maybe if I word this differently you will understand... If I were concerned about HoT content, I'd be on HoT maps again. I'm concerned about PoF content, hence the question about... PoF content. Redundancy intentional.

Why can't everyone be happy with what they got? There will always be that one group who can never be satisfied. I have been enjoying the PoF maps, no I won't be exploring them one time and moving on. The new maps are full of Guild Wars Lore if you take the time and look for it. Besides, isn't that what the bounty systems are for? To keep people in the maps. Who's to say that the bounty system will always be static.

> @borrok.9267 said:

> > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > @borrok.9267 said:

> > > > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > > > @Chickenooble.5014 said:

> > > > > > @zengara.8301 said:

> > > > > > Personally very happy that they decided not to make meta maps, I am a person who would rather explore and have fun rather than 111 throughout it all, mainly because ive done dragon stand like 3 times or so, and never likes to do any event twice. (personally, I would rather have my mmos as close as possible, based on fun and story line, to a single player game rather than them asking me to kill xx amount of xx creature)

> > > > > > What I can not go around, is the fact that even though these new maps is great fun for people like me, who just walk around and meet people like in old Gw2, it might not hold people for a long period of time, there are of cause people in Orr etc even after all these years, but still.

> > > > > Dragon Stand is pretty extreme in terms of meta events. We could've had something like Verdent Brink where specific areas around the map have to be fortified or defended until a bigger boss spawns, or maybe something to do with Vaabi where the city has to be taken in a multi-event chain with a good boss at the end (like the final meta of Vanilla Oor). Some type of chain would have been nice. It doesn't have to lock down an entire map but kitten, give us something that causes the map to come together.

> > > >

> > > > why in the worlds of the 6 god's them self's even would the map want to come together.. when it is clear as day light and night its self . the new path of fire pack is a toss back to guild wars its self

> > > >

> > > > did they shut down the hot maps yet or something ????????????????????

> > >

> > > Dude... the point is to have NEW content, not continue to run HoT over and over again.

> >

> > dude dude dude dude what you fail to grasp the ideas of even and propose . you want the guild wars vets player base down on your head fine. but honestly truth be told they did not shut down hot maps . and that is why they got hot maps .

> >

> > again this new content is a toss back to guild wars its self . so in other words you want metas and world bosses and so forth a like your just stuck with hot maps . and since I bet you never played guild wars at all . well take this chance to just enjoy it for what it is and farm some gold do some ectoplasms gambling . and let the rest go and let others including the guild wars vets like me enjoy our maps

> >

> > some of us guild wars vets enjoy hot maps but you do not hear us crying and making 10,000 posts about the hot maps still being open or shut down at all even now do you ???

> >

> > just enjoy the new pack for what it is and be happy we all still got hot maps to play . and not stuck at level 20 waiting for heros to come to the game yet LOL

>

> You aren't getting this conversation. I played guild wars as well. I'm not sure why you are getting the impression that you are special because you played a game that tons of other people have also played.

>

> Maybe if I word this differently you will understand... If I were concerned about HoT content, I'd be on HoT maps again. I'm concerned about PoF content, hence the question about... PoF content. Redundancy intentional.

oh I get it all right fully enough . and thanks for being so funny and making me die of major laughter here ,. ;) . honestly it sounds more like the other way around , :p more like your more concerned about HoT content then you are enjoying PoF content :p :3 and if that was the case as you say then why is it your not enjoying the pof content for what it is . like I said before they not shut down hot maps yet . so enjoy these new maps for what they are and not for what they are not . B)

> @"Baron Von Graymouse.7801" said:

> Why can't everyone be happy with what they got? There will always be that one group who can never be satisfied. I have been enjoying the PoF maps, no I won't be exploring them one time and moving on. The new maps are full of Guild Wars Lore if you take the time and look for it. Besides, isn't that what the bounty systems are for? To keep people in the maps. Who's to say that the bounty system will always be static.

> Why can't everyone be happy with what they got? There will always be that one group who can never be satisfied. I have been enjoying the PoF maps, no I won't be exploring them one time and moving on. The new maps are full of Guild Wars Lore if you take the time and look for it. Besides, isn't that what the bounty systems are for? To keep people in the maps. Who's to say that the bounty system will always be static.

some one gets it !!!!!!!! :3 <3 and yes that is the other thing they all for get about as well the bounty systems and once that is fixed and turned back on maybe they will see the light of day and get the idea . maybe :3

My experience with meta events:

Want to get to a vista or mastery point? Nope, fucked and blocked by the meta event.

Want to do your story? Meta event spawns tons of crap you have to kill to get to objectives because reasons.

Want to get some xp? All you can do is the meta events, nobody does anything else.

Okay so now you painfully went through all this, maybe you're going to give a try to the damn meta event. Of course there are like 5 people on your map painfully trying to do it. It won't work, so you open LFG, 1 group is on a full map and the second one is already done, so no meta event for you today.

I don't miss them. In fact, good effing riddance!

> @borrok.9267 said:

> > @"Baron Von Graymouse.7801" said:

> > Why can't everyone be happy with what they got? There will always be that one group who can never be satisfied. I have been enjoying the PoF maps, no I won't be exploring them one time and moving on. The new maps are full of Guild Wars Lore if you take the time and look for it. Besides, isn't that what the bounty systems are for? To keep people in the maps. Who's to say that the bounty system will always be static.

>

> Wanting some kind of event is never being satisfied? > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

Yes.

> > @borrok.9267 said:

> > > @"Baron Von Graymouse.7801" said:

> > > Why can't everyone be happy with what they got? There will always be that one group who can never be satisfied. I have been enjoying the PoF maps, no I won't be exploring them one time and moving on. The new maps are full of Guild Wars Lore if you take the time and look for it. Besides, isn't that what the bounty systems are for? To keep people in the maps. Who's to say that the bounty system will always be static.

> >

> > Wanting some kind of event is never being satisfied? > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

>

> Yes.

>

Maybe you are unfamiliar with what "never" means....