This build is working! (Dagger/Torch | Staff Support Scourge)

kKagari.6804

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAofWnE9Cl9iN9C22As9iluBTvnWUXqTPgBQAg6DMCOUA-jpghABOWGAg9HAA

Reworked my build from yesterday. Really enjoying it now. Decided that the build should focus on applying a lot of barrier, with the side effect of putting out damage, kind of like a menders tempest, and I think this build does exactly that.

Staff will be your general support weapon. Unfortunately, life for generation at the beginning of the match won't be the best.

Dagger/Torch will be the pressure component in the build. A nice combo is Dark Pact + Desert Shroud > Oppressive Collapse > Garish Pillar + Harrowing Wave. The damage in immense and you'd need to break both immobilise and have 2 stunbreaks for.

this build looks more to be a pve support spec than a pvp one, especially trying to res people with shroud 4 and dagger main hand. if you got time to res downed people and lifesteal, chances are you've already won the fight and would very likely be faster to finish off your opponents than trying to res your team while they pound you.

Yeahhhhhhhh it's not great. In the current PvP climate its just too hard to make dagger's short range auto work. Losing a lot of DPS that way. The burst still stands though, it's a nice 100-0 against some classes.

In saying that, I might give the utilities a change and try and make it more of a support build, like menders elementalist. Maybe the key is to make it a support build that has a deadly spike, instead of a spike build with good support.

This is what i realised too when i was experimenting with pvp builds for scourge. After a lot of thinking i agree that if it suits your playstyle support is the key component. In my case changes are minor.i took sand savant for range.for runes i took the adventure ones and insread of dagger i used axe. It works for me. But i ll keep looking......

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAnfWnE9Cl9id2AO9Cs9iluBTvnWUTqUfgRwha6BMACAA-jpgWABAs/gulBAA